And now the end is here
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, Iíll say it clear
    Iíll state my case of which Iím certain
    Iíve lived a life thatís full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way

Brett Favre left his heart and part of his kidney out on the field last night in his valiant effort to advance to the Super Bowl. Alas, Nostradamus must have had a snootful when he made his Viking prediction 500 years ago. As of this exact moment, Brett Favre is on the Will I or wonít I retire clock. I hope he comes back for one more year. What else are the Vikings going to do? Give Jackson or Sage the nod!

For the rest of this scintillating article on the state of the Viking nation, click here now.

I Did It My Way

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:I Did It My Way

...Iím angry at Peterson. Not for his fumbles last night, but how he acted on the sidelines afterward. He was smiling and laughing like the Vikings just won the game. You fumbled the damn ball! The running back coach should have had your ass firmly planted on the bench reading you the riot act. You have had three years in the league to correct your fumbling. Either you are unwilling to accept instruction or the coach is sub par...
    Coaching? They worked on that all offseason by their own admission. Fumbles are forced or on the players shoulders. Hold onto the damn ball.

...Third, Adrian Peterson. Someone needs to teach him how to hold on to the football. Maybe Keyshawn Johnson can write a sequel to his controversial book, Just throw Me The Damn Ball and title it, Just Hold Onto The Damn Ball. If his fumbling is not corrected, he will become a detriment to the team...
    Adrian Peterson is the Randy Moss of this team. No, not the cancerous guy with an attitude, but the guy that has the potential to make big plays every time the ball is tossed to him.

AD has a great attitude, but, wtf? He has been drilled from every angle to hold onto the damn ball. It may be a self-fulfilling prophecy because he has the earned reputation for coughing up the ball, #1 in the league. It's a team sport and I am all about having a servicable RB that can block, catch, and run. AD has come around in his catching out of the backfield and is still questionable in his picking up the blitz skills. I laugh every time someone says he's the best RB in the game, yeah, the best RB in the game always gets yanked in 3rd and long in the NFC Championship game.

I 100% agree that he will become a liability if this trend continues. I would put him on the block for a top-tier QB and go with a very servicable back in CT. RBs and WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a franchise QB and an o-line that is worth a shit.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    ...Iím angry at Peterson. Not for his fumbles last night, but how he acted on the sidelines afterward. He was smiling and laughing like the Vikings just won the game. You fumbled the damn ball! The running back coach should have had your ass firmly planted on the bench reading you the riot act. You have had three years in the league to correct your fumbling. Either you are unwilling to accept instruction or the coach is sub par...
    Coaching? They worked on that all offseason by their own admission. Fumbles are forced or on the players shoulders. Hold onto the damn ball.

...Third, Adrian Peterson. Someone needs to teach him how to hold on to the football. Maybe Keyshawn Johnson can write a sequel to his controversial book, Just throw Me The Damn Ball and title it, Just Hold Onto The Damn Ball. If his fumbling is not corrected, he will become a detriment to the team...
    Adrian Peterson is the Randy Moss of this team. No, not the cancerous guy with an attitude, but the guy that has the potential to make big plays every time the ball is tossed to him.

AD has a great attitude, but, wtf? He has been drilled from every angle to hold onto the damn ball. It may be a self-fulfilling prophecy because he has the earned reputation for coughing up the ball, #1 in the league. It's a team sport and I am all about having a servicable RB that can block, catch, and run. AD has come around in his catching out of the backfield and is still questionable in his picking up the blitz skills. I laugh every time someone says he's the best RB in the game, yeah, the best RB in the game always gets yanked in 3rd and long in the NFC Championship game.

I 100% agree that he will become a liability if this trend continues. I would put him on the block for a top-tier QB and go with a very servicable back in CT. RBs and WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a franchise QB and an o-line that is worth a shit.
    +1 As usual, Prophet said every thing I wanted to say, only he said it with more panache and less BS and did it quicker.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    AD needs to carry a ball with him every moment of this off-season. Eat with it. Sleep with it. Drive with it. Bang hot models with it. And then he needs to pay some dude to leap out at him at random intervals to smack that thing and try to dislodge it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    ...AD needs to carry a ball with him every moment of this off-season. Eat with it. Sleep with it. Drive with it. Bang hot models with it. And then he needs to pay some dude to leap out at him at random intervals to smack that thing and try to dislodge it.

=Z=
    Exactly. He needs his own Cato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8QrOAghZ0
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Speaking of 12 men in the huddle. WTF was Childress thinking? Itís third down and 15, the Vikings are looking at a 56 yard field goal at this point, a time out was called and Favre went to the sideline to discuss the perfect play for such a scenario.
    I thought the game I watched it was 3 and 10 when the time out was called, the 12 men penalty made it 3 and 15

Iím angry at Peterson. Not for his fumbles last night, but how he acted on the sidelines afterward. He was smiling and laughing like the Vikings just won the game. You fumbled the damn ball!
    Smiling and laughing? Really, I recall seeing him sitting on the bench hold a football in his right arm.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Zeus wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    AD needs to carry a ball with him every moment of this off-season. Eat with it. Sleep with it. Drive with it. Bang hot models with it. And then he needs to pay some dude to leap out at him at random intervals to smack that thing and try to dislodge it.

=Z=
    Sort of like the Pink Panther and his side kick, Kato. :cheer:

Prophet wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ...AD needs to carry a ball with him every moment of this off-season. Eat with it. Sleep with it. Drive with it. Bang hot models with it. And then he needs to pay some dude to leap out at him at random intervals to smack that thing and try to dislodge it.

=Z=
    Exactly. He needs his own Cato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8QrOAghZ0
    Damn! Missed that by one minute....

vikinggreg wrote:
    Speaking of 12 men in the huddle. WTF was Childress thinking? Itís third down and 15, the Vikings are looking at a 56 yard field goal at this point, a time out was called and Favre went to the sideline to discuss the perfect play for such a scenario.
    I thought the game I watched it was 3 and 10 when the time out was called, the 12 men penalty made it 3 and 15

Iím angry at Peterson. Not for his fumbles last night, but how he acted on the sidelines afterward. He was smiling and laughing like the Vikings just won the game. You fumbled the damn ball!
    Smiling and laughing? Really, I recall seeing him sitting on the bench hold a football in his right arm.
    If you recorded the game, take a look when they panned to Peterson. He was grinning and laughing. I did see later on when he was on the bench holding the ball, but this was before.

And yes, at the time, it was 3rd and 10, a time out called, and then the Vikings got flagged for 12 men in the huddle making it 3rd and 15.