Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: I could out run Corey Chavous!!

LOL

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

Chavous is HORRIBLE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

This guy is slow and unphysical.

Talk about a SS being an intimidator, he is the biggest sissy i have ever seen at Strong safety. I really hope we get rid of this guy. HE is almost 30 and VERY SLOW VERY VERY SLOW!! Mike Vick was jogging and Chavous still couldn't catch him. He is so slow that he couldn't run with Brian Finneran, a big possesion receiver with BELOW AVERAGE SPEED for a wide receiver. I seriously hope he leaves, becauase we need a talent influx at SS with Offord out. Sure he's smart, but what does that help if you can't bring it to the field?

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

Same with Sam Cowart, the guy reminds me of Greg Biekert. Get IN EJ, NAPO and DT and we will have ONE HELL OF AN ATHLETIC LB CORP.

It's hard to dog CC when it comes to keeping up with Vick. His awareness is good, and thats what i like about a safety. On the other hand, brian williams and ken irvin, they are friggin terrible. Too much watching the ball and not the player. For williams its blown coverage, for irvin, its missed tackles. I can't believe they still have these guys. Thats just my oppinion though. Chavous is solid though. The CBs are they guys that really need the speed. Safeties are mainly coverage guys, CBs are the guys who have to play more man to man. So, in theory, if the cornerback can slow him down just a little, the safety shouldn't have any problem making the tackle. Chavous can do this. However, by the time Williams picks up where the ball is its either too late or he takes such a terrible pursuit angle he gets blown by. As for Irvin, he might be able to see the ball a little better and have a much better pursuit angle, but he would get shrugged off like he wasn't even there and completely miss the tackle. So we better just stick with CC for now.
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

i dont know many guys in the NFL that can keep up with vick...not even...ahhh whos that dude....#84 something or other...
    peace...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    i dont know many guys in the NFL that can keep up with vick...not even...ahhh whos that dude....#84 something or other...
    Brian Russell can.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Who is getting paid (Corey) to play and who isn't (you and me)?

I do remember that play, and Vick looks effortless on every play. It may not have looked fast but it definitely wasn't slow.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Ahhh, yes. But, did anyone see the blatant HOLD that Atlanta got away with against pressure from the left side that sprung Vick of the second long run of his?

I did.

Caine

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

No one runs with Vick...watch him. He is on cruise control while others are flat out then he hits the jets and bye bye. Watch he highlights, LB and DB are always taking normal pursuit angles on him and yet he runs by those points where contact "should" have been made by one or two yards.

CC I think is a hitter but not a dominant physical force players fear across the middle. He'll get his hits but you won't see receivers pulling up on route because them fear his hits. As far a pass coverage I think he is adequate at best though.

EDIT: But really....have you ever really been next to elite atheletes at this level? The difference between great and cut at this level is not that big, another words.....they are amazing.

"Caine" wrote:
    Ahhh, yes. But, did anyone see the blatant HOLD that Atlanta got away with against pressure from the left side that sprung Vick of the second long run of his?

I did.

Caine
    that's because no matter how bad the Vikings are, refs have to do their part to fix games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12