Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I could out run Corey Chavous!!

I sat at the couch watching my TV last night and on the NFL Network they were yapping about how great Atlantas running game is, and yes they ran all over the Vikes. But on the particular replay they showed they had Dunn and Vick split right and left respevtively, well Vick took the snap and kept it, rolling out to the left. The whole line went right buying the fake to Dunn and of course Vick went for a jog, literally he went for a jog, he was going maybe 3/4 full speed and Chavous being the safety covering that side was running as fast he could (he was moving so fast it looked like he was going to trip, you know, like when you run down a hill). I do NOT expect anyone on our defense to catch Vick in full stride, but the struggle in Chavous' face was sad, great football mind but he can't even run and he is a fricken safety.

Sorry to the Chavous supporters, but if you remember the play, you'll know what I am talking about. And I also just remembered T-Bays first drive in the season opener, Cadillac just rocked Chavous. I do not know where I am exactly going with this topic, I just know that particular play stood out to me! I guess there is a reason we didn't help him out contractually.

Cheers!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I could out run Corey Chavous!!

He's good.. I think he leads our team in tackles doesn't he? If not he is close.. All around good player.. Most of our players it seems like they play well 9 outta 10 plays.. And with CC's play he just looks horrible..

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    He's good.. I think he leads our team in tackles doesn't he? If not he is close.. All around good player.. Most of our players it seems like they play well 9 outta 10 plays.. And with CC's play he just looks horrible..

Shouldn't a safety have a lot of tackles? I don't care if he leads the team in tackles, did you see the play I am talking about? If you did see the play you would know what I mean, he looked like fat kid chasing a sprinter!

Cheers!

V4L

Nah a safety should'nt have all that many tackles.. You would think a LB would lead the team.. He's just always around the ball..But yah I saw the play..

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

A safety should lead the team in tackles if the guys in front of him aren't doing their job.

V4L

"jackyl" wrote:
    A safety should lead the team in tackles if the guys in front of him aren't doing their job.

Exactly..

I saw ya changed ur favorite player from the bus to chad.. CJ is sweet I love his CB checklist :lol:

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

dont forget he was running after Michael Vick which might be one of the quickest runners in the league that can cut on a dime. Any othe QB and they would have caught.

I like corey, he has caught a lot of flack but i think he is a very solid safety. I want someone to name one safety who could run with Vick, cuz i sure cant, I cant think of many for that matter that can run with Dunn.
    Anyways should have a peacefull weekend, we cant lose!!!...lol. anyways im feeling good about a strong performance after the bye...skol vikes

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    I sat at the couch watching my TV last night and on the NFL Network they were yapping about how great Atlantas running game is, and yes they ran all over the Vikes. But on the particular replay they showed they had Dunn and Vick split right and left respevtively, well Vick took the snap and kept it, rolling out to the left. The whole line went right buying the fake to Dunn and of course Vick went for a jog, literally he went for a jog, he was going maybe 3/4 full speed and Chavous being the safety covering that side was running as fast he could (he was moving so fast it looked like he was going to trip, you know, like when you run down a hill). I do NOT expect anyone on our defense to catch Vick in full stride, but the struggle in Chavous' face was sad, great football mind but he can't even run and he is a fricken safety.

Sorry to the Chavous supporters, but if you remember the play, you'll know what I am talking about. And I also just remembered T-Bays first drive in the season opener, Cadillac just rocked Chavous. I do not know where I am exactly going with this topic, I just know that particular play stood out to me! I guess there is a reason we didn't help him out contractually.

Cheers!!

I would like to see you outrun chavous.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

It isn't indicated in any of my info, but I am Ben Johnson, yes the Ben Johnson that gave Carl Lewis a gold in 1988, because of some weird thing like horse steroids ar something. No one told me I couldn't!! LOL

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast