Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 121
  1. #51
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Where are all the people who stated over and over again that drafting a "franchise LT" would make us a better team?

    ....

    Caine
    Long run, it will. Still need more than one person who can pass block. Nobody is doing their job.

  2. #52
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    I can't hold it back anymore (Besides, I miss PPO)

    For some reason I am on the same page as Marrdro. I would like to add that are CBs still suck. Been preaching for better talent there for years. Still nothing!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    During a spell there, the Offense did move the ball late in the quarter, had the quarter change and then held the ball for over 4 minutes into the next quarter and the defense still looked like shit when they came out on the field.

    Not buying the "Offense isn't on the field long enough" story. I am buying that the defense should be getting off the field more often and giving the young offense more chances instead of lesssssssss.
    I can't believe you are bagging on the defense so much. I feel that, in today's game and, especially, the Cards game (which is a miracle we won), they kept us in the running but the O couldn't make anything happen. I couldn't watch the Bucs game so I can't speak for that one. This is just one website's opinion, and its two weeks old, but Bleacher Report had them at number one in the league at the end of Week 6:

    2012 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings

    Every D gives up points and I think ours is, overall, pretty good. I also think you apologize for Ponder too much. Yeah the O-line is porous but when he's had chances, the past three games, his passes are horrible or he gets the happy feet.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    64
    Edit: Couldn't find it before, for some reason, but here's BR's Defense rankings for this past week. Vikes are still at number 7. 2012 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings: NFL Week 9 | Bleacher Report

  5. #55
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    For some reason I am on the same page as Marrdro. I would like to add that are CBs still suck. Been preaching for better talent there for years. Still nothing!
    They looked ok early on in the season. I think the loss of Cook shows that our depth falls off the chart.

  6. #56
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Who is he supposed to be throwing to?

    Again, I'd love to see what you do when your back foot hits its third step and you have 2 or 3 defensemen in your grill or when you do have the opportunity to hit your 3rd, 5th and 7th step and no one is open, then have to start scrambling until someone can get open.

    Seriously, no offense intended, but why that is being missed by posters like you amazes me.
    On the contrary, receivers are open and not being thrown to. Had you been around you'd have read it. This is what Harvin had to say after last week...

    "The plays are there. We look on film, and guys are open. We're not clicking at the same time."

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #57
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't agree on Ponder. Let me put you back there with no receivers and see how you do when you hit your third step and your only WR that can get open is on the sidelines.
    Harvin stated they watch film & receivers are open. What do you say to that? He's lieing?

    I think there are times when receivers aren't open, but it sounds like there's quite a few times that they are & aren't thrown to. I don't think Harvin is frustrated that receivers aren't getting open. I think he's frustrated that they are open & aren't being thrown to or when they are, he's off target way too much.

    In the end, Ponder is a QB developing. We don't know if he's developing because the O-coord is still calling the same plays he started the season with (which worked by the way until the D-coords figured them out) and WR's that can't get 1 step of separation.
    So are the 3 rookie QB's that beat us. As are last years starting rookies. Of the QB's that were drafted last year & this year that are starting for their teams, where do you believe Ponder ranks?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #58
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord(unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.

    Until that happens, we are going to continue to look like we've done the last few weeks.

    Again, one more time, just to make sure.....

    Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord (unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.
    Amen.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  9. #59
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I know you've hated the kid since he got here, but I just don't see him as the problem. At least until I see him with a set of WR's other than what he has to work with now.

    One thing for you "Ponder" haters to think about.......Percy is at the top of the league in receptions. He's there for a reason. Ponder gets him the ball. If we had at least one more, two would be great, guys that could run a route and get separation on a 3 step drop, let alone a 5 or a 7 step drop, Percy would be blowing Welker away in all categories instead of being tied with him.
    I didn't hate him. I don't watch college ball so I couldn't judge him one way or the other. I was concerned about what several of the "talking heads" were saying about his lack of long ball accuracy & his habit of floating the ball.

    I spoke out against posters who were defending him with the very same things we were using to defend a young T-Jack, that were ridiculed as poor excuses for his play. The ole double standard.

    We do need better/faster receivers that can get open faster & get better separation, but just like Jackson, it looks as if he's hesitant to throw the ball in tighter coverage & is waiting for greater separation.

    He was 50% on his passes yesterday. That's not a result of receivers not getting open. Several of those passes were off target.

    The thing I'm starting to believe is that he isn't that accurate on mid-range & longer passes (passes longer than 10 yards) & can't hit receivers in stride, thus the reason you don't see screens & a lot of other type pass plays being called.

    Musgrave is simply calling more of the plays that Ponder can make most of the time, which is the bubble pass & 0-5 yard dumps.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-05-2012 at 06:49 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #60
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Ever watch how many WRs are on the field as apposed to TE's on the field? A heavy dose of 23 and 24 sets makes it pretty hard for WR's to do anything.

    Additionally, a heavy dose of 23 and 24 sets shrinks everything down into the box. Sure you have alot of "skilled" players blocking along with your OL, but it still shrinks the box.

    Of course we can ignore the obvious in that and continue to blame the QB for cripes sake.
    Been saying that all along. It does get tough trying to hit a receiver when all 22 players are within 10 yards of the LOS.

    Previously, I blamed Musgrave & the lack of receivers for not stretching the field enough to give Ponder a chance.

    Now I'm starting to believe that the reason they don't do it is because Ponder's accuracy goes right out the window outside of that 10 yard box.

    He's 54% 11-20 yards, 31% 20-30 yards & 0% on 3 attempts over 30 yards.

    Again, Ponder's comfort zone & biggest success is in behind the LOS passes & 0-5 yard passes, so that along with Harvin's ability to get great yards after the catch, is why you're seeing Musgrave call those types of throws & why Harvin is the primary target. K-Rudd has great hands but doesn't net the same kind of YAC, so we are seeing him get thrown to less & less & Harvin more.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •