Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    This much is obvious. The ways the Vikings were winning, are missing. Rudolph has been 100% absent. The defense is hitting a wall right now. Way too long on the field. also by their own volition, by not getting off the field for lack of coverage and poor tackling. Ponder has turned an about face, 180, run of the mill, pedestrian type of non-quarterback in the past few weeks. Staff is not helping the team with the cutesy playcalling trying to be innovative or something, idk. Im really not buying into the lack of talent thing. I see teams making plays with many different players.
    How many blockers are staying in to pick up these blitzes? Evidently not enough and/or assignments are being missed and players are being man-handled. In Ponder's defense I don't think too many QB's would have made too many plays with the O-line play. Couple of plays Ponder barely had time to duck much less hit the ground before becoming comsumed by the multitude of players making a living in the Vikings backfield for most of the game. The Vikings were winning as a TEAM, and now they are losing that way.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Did you see Harvin chew Frazier out?

Frazier just stood there and took it with no emotion whatsoever.

I wonder what he said to him?

In Frazier's defense though, I finally did see him show some emotion today.

Unfortunately it was him whining to the refs when Carroll challenged the spot of the ball on that first down/tipped ball sideline catch.
    He said, I can't be the only WR that gets open.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecoldet3 View Post
    I approve this message!
    LOL, well played my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Fire everyone from the Childress era asap. And while we're at it, cut Ponder immediately, just leave him in Seattle. No more excuses, the kid is garbage. Can't read a blitz, can't hit a moving target, and makes awful decisions. And Frazier is just a fucking retard. Again no Webb in the 2nd half with Ponder sucking for the 3rd straight game?
    I don't agree on Ponder. Let me put you back there with no receivers and see how you do when you hit your third step and your only WR that can get open is on the sidelines.

In the end, Ponder is a QB developing. We don't know if he's developing because the O-coord is still calling the same plays he started the season with (which worked by the way until the D-coords figured them out) and WR's that can't get 1 step of separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    How's about mixing in a Screen play now and again? I'm an Army Tanker. I'm stupid. I have trouble when I have to mix in a comma, or add up spare change at the checkout counter. Look, the team was always back on it's heels on 3rd down. How do you fix that? Slow down a rush? Screens, draws, delays. Musgrave is incapable of calling a f*cking screen. I cheered when I saw one...Too bad it was the Seahawks runnin it. Ponder has shown he can play. He has. I believe he is being "exposed," through shiiit play calling and a complete lack of sense when it comes to contingency plays like the screen. Like I said, Im dumb, but f*ck, even I saw that a screen play could take the pressure off of Ponder on 3rd down. (Total repost, But I don't care.) It's all 100% no spin!!
    Spot on. Thats my problem with our O-coord. He is doing nothing to help the offense, especially Ponder.

All you had to do (as we have for 4 of our games this year) is to watch the other teams O-coord and how they called a game. That kid on the other side of the ball wasn't anything spectacular today. He had 3 go to WR's, a good running game, a OL that has T problems, but the O-coord worked around the issues and made it happen. Ours can't seem to figure that out.

Even Percy knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecoldet3 View Post
    Another thing that continues to bug me is how predictable our offensive play calling is. Where are the slants, screens, and draws. When is this coaching staff going to realize that the defenses have keyed on the fact we cant complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage and start calling plays to combat the pass rush.
    Gotta have WR's to run slants and like it or not, our OL is getting worse each game so running a draw behind that group isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Ponder is going to get his ass blitzed a lot because every team in the league knows he can't handle it. It's his job to call an audible or hot route at the line and make adjustments pre-snap. You don't see it, and every time the blitz comes, it's like a deer in headlights.
    It isn't that they know he can't handle it, what they know is that we don't have a WR that can get open. Pretty hard for a QB to beat a blitz when he has no one to throw to.

Unless of course you can tell me what WRs are getting open.

On a side note, I sent Tim Ryan a pretty nasty email tonight. Mostly because he and his partner didn't even mention that until almost at the end of the game. They also didn't mention that Rudy isn't a option anymore, mostly because he is staying in to pass block more than he is running routes.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Look I know Ponder is still young and in his second year (first full year - if he doesn't get himself benched). I know he looked pretty damn good at the beginning of the season and maybe he'll get back to that. I also know the O-Line is often not giving him a chance to even make a decision but, you have to admit, that even when he has time and open receivers he has been remarkably terrible the past three games. You cannot excuse that. He looks like he's lost his confidence that he seemed to have early on. I hope he gets it back.

I agree about the play calling and i agree that its "just football." But part of the fun of football is getting to rant and rave about it. This team has shown it can be really good, bad play calling or not, so we'll wait and see what happens next week.
    He looked effective early on because it took D-coords a couple of games to figure out what we we could and couldn't do on offense.

Now that they know, and Musgrove doesn't have any other things to throw at them, he is looking stupid.

Again, blame the QB if you will, but the truth of the matter is, its the lack of a O-coord and weapons for the O-coord to use that are the problem, not the QB.

Miss it? Why haven't you been here? Lose a bet?
    I didn't want to be divisive like I was when the whole Noodle thing happened. I miss PPO to much and just can't stay away. You guys/gasl are gonna have to live with the "Fire Frazier" crap I guess.

And what about Ponder?.........
    I know you've hated the kid since he got here, but I just don't see him as the problem. At least until I see him with a set of WR's other than what he has to work with now.

One thing for you "Ponder" haters to think about.......Percy is at the top of the league in receptions. He's there for a reason. Ponder gets him the ball. If we had at least one more, two would be great, guys that could run a route and get separation on a 3 step drop, let alone a 5 or a 7 step drop, Percy would be blowing Welker away in all categories instead of being tied with him.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast