Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Really guy? How about giving Ponder a chance on 3rd down, when hes getting mauled, and let him dump off a screen? Why? Because Musgrave doesn't have that play on his "Offensive Play Calling For Dummies" cheat sheet.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing the play calling. I'm calling for the heads of the entire coaching staff, but it's time to stop apologizing for Ponder. He's just terrible. If you don't include the garbage yards he got at the end of the Bucs game last week, this would have been his 3rd straight game under 100yds passing. I don't care how terrible the coaching staff is, a QB should be able to manufacture 100yds passing on his own. Tjoke had some bad coaches and not even he had 3 straight games as bad as this.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    And what about Ponder?.........
    If they continue to stick with him they damn well better know what is wrong with what he is doing and they damn well better know that they have the ability to fix him and that he has the ability to be fixed because at this point he is worse than Jackson ever was.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Fire Frazier
    Did you see Harvin chew Frazier out?

Frazier just stood there and took it with no emotion whatsoever.

I wonder what he said to him?

In Frazier's defense though, I finally did see him show some emotion today.

Unfortunately it was him whining to the refs when Carroll challenged the spot of the ball on that first down/tipped ball sideline catch.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If they continue to stick with him they damn well better know what is wrong with what he is doing and they damn well better know that they have the ability to fix him and that he has the ability to be fixed because at this point he is worse than Jackson ever was.
    Yeah, today I think Jackson could have hit the broad side of a barn not so sure there are even odds that Ponder could do that if he was standing more than 5 yards away

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    OK.

Just to add a little different perspective to the thread-

As you are calling for Musgrave to be fired, for the team to draft WR's and for the QB to be sacked I would like to point out that our former OC that we couldn't get any production from created a scheme that scored more points against our defense than any other defense they faced this season.

Their rookie QB who is in his first season starting and has less than half the starts of Ponder had no trouble moving the ball against our defense throwing to a WR that we didn't want to keep and some other no name guys while our QB mustered like 44 yards passing in the game.

Our franchise LT and revamped OL that is full of high picks was terrible and were responsible for a 44 yard passing game while Seattle, who has no franchise LT like we supposedly couldn't function without and had 2 starters out injured still got the job done against our DL and won the game.

Boys and Girls, Our problem isn't with a lack of talent, it is a result of decades of turmoil in the ownership that has resulted in several ownership changes and a loss in focus on building the organization from top to bottom culminating in the sale to Wilf who has absolutely no NFL experience and has failed to stay in the owners box and bring in a team of seasoned NFL executives to rune the organization and lay the groundwork for how the team will function and what the expectations are.

The result is a team with talent but inconsistent performance and when they hit a tough spot, they dod not have the leadership to turn them in the right direction. At the coaches level they have no ability to think outside the box and create game plans that exploit the weaknesses of other teams while masking our deficiencies.

Drafting a LT, A QB or a DB is never going to change anything if there are no changes at the top.
    Seems to be the same perspective as the rest of us (rag on the Vikings) lol, but I agree with everything you said. I'd just like to add that our coaches are pretty good at taking out our best weapons (AP and PH) on 3rd down and when we're in the RZ too. I guess that's our way of trying to fool the defense.

But yes, a Bevell run offense that features a rookie QB just put up their season high in points vs our defense. A defense for the 3rd straight game that tackled like the other players were covered in butter.

We're now also 0-3 vs rookie QB's this year (Luck, RG3, Wilson) and in those 3 games our defense managed to grab a grand total of 1 INT. I just can't figure out why this team can't manage to generate any takeaways.

NFC North standings the past 2 weeks

Bears 2-0
    Lions 2-0
    Pack 2-0
    Vikes 0-2

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    7-9? Jeez, you are overly optimistic, lol. I see this team going 5-11 the rest of the way. Lets break this down.

1. Horrible QB, check.

2. Useless in over his head, head coach, check.

3. A pathetic defense that can't tackle, check.

4. A who's who list of offensive players, check.

5. Other than Harvin, no other WR worth wasting breath on? check.

6. A pathetic offensive and defensive system? check.

7. Horrible play calling? check.

How can anyone expect this team to win another game this season with having as many flaws as this team has? This team and its head coach are completely unacceptable. I will no longer support such a joke of a team. Frazier is nothing more than a product of Brad Childress, the guy should have been fired along with Childress, not given a promotion. If Frazier and Ponder are back next season, it will truly show just how stupid the Wilf's are. Stick to real estate, because you obviously have no clue on how to put a winning NFL team on the field.

Also, now that the Vikings already have their new stadium approved, its time to clear house and get a crew in here that actually knows what the hell they are doing. Maybe then, by the time the new stadium opens, the fans will enter a new building with a open mind. Maybe getting rid of this coaching staff, both systems, along with demolishing the Metrodump, maybe that will turn the fortunes around for this franchise and its fans. I just hope that I have enough left in me to still be a fan when that all happens. At this point, I have my doubts.

Marc Nudelman is offline Waterboy
    frazier and ponder appear to be equally retarded...put em both on a short bus and ship em out...and FIND SOME REAL WR's dammit

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Nudelman View Post
    frazier and ponder appear to be equally retarded...put em both on a short bus and ship em out...and FIND SOME REAL WR's dammit
    Yeah, still baffles me that the Vikings never even attempted to make a trade this year. Pretty sad when your passing game is that anemic even though your RB had 182 yards and 2 TD's. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that kind of running game open up opportunities for your passing game? So Ponder passes for 63 yards with that type of running game? Good grief, I would hate to see what he would do if the running game wasn't on.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast