Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Really guy? How about giving Ponder a chance on 3rd down, when hes getting mauled, and let him dump off a screen? Why? Because Musgrave doesn't have that play on his "Offensive Play Calling For Dummies" cheat sheet.
    Lol. I love his business card sized play chart. Problem is the same thing is printed on both sides.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

It's only football.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Ponder is going to get his ass blitzed a lot because every team in the league knows he can't handle it. It's his job to call an audible or hot route at the line and make adjustments pre-snap. You don't see it, and every time the blitz comes, it's like a deer in headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Ponder is going to get his ass blitzed a lot because every team in the league knows he can't handle it. It's his job to call an audible or hot route at the line and make adjustments pre-snap. You don't see it, and every time the blitz comes, it's like a deer in headlights.
    More like a deer rolling under a super duty.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    It's only football.
    So true... Im chillin on CON-Leave, fixin to make deep fried miracle that I saw yesterday on "Man vs Food." Still though, it's frustrating to see absolute garbage masquerading as play calling, and then see the slop get dumped at ponders feet.
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    So true... Im chillin on CON-Leave, fixin to make deep fried miracle that I saw yesterday on "Man vs Food." Still though, it's frustrating to see absolute garbage masquerading as play calling, and then see the slop get dumped at ponders feet.
    Look I know Ponder is still young and in his second year (first full year - if he doesn't get himself benched). I know he looked pretty damn good at the beginning of the season and maybe he'll get back to that. I also know the O-Line is often not giving him a chance to even make a decision but, you have to admit, that even when he has time and open receivers he has been remarkably terrible the past three games. You cannot excuse that. He looks like he's lost his confidence that he seemed to have early on. I hope he gets it back.

I agree about the play calling and i agree that its "just football." But part of the fun of football is getting to rant and rave about it. This team has shown it can be really good, bad play calling or not, so we'll wait and see what happens next week.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Lol. I love his business card sized play chart. Problem is the same thing is printed on both sides.
    It's actually the same on the top half & bottom half of each side also, only the top half has the text upside down, so no matter which way he picks up the card he can read all his plays.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I can't hold it back anymore (Besides, I miss PPO)
    Miss it? Why haven't you been here? Lose a bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord(unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.

Until that happens, we are going to continue to look like we've done the last few weeks.

Again, one more time, just to make sure.....

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord (unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.

And what about Ponder?.........

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    OK.

Just to add a little different perspective to the thread-

As you are calling for Musgrave to be fired, for the team to draft WR's and for the QB to be sacked I would like to point out that our former OC that we couldn't get any production from created a scheme that scored more points against our defense than any other defense they faced this season.

Their rookie QB who is in his first season starting and has less than half the starts of Ponder had no trouble moving the ball against our defense throwing to a WR that we didn't want to keep and some other no name guys while our QB mustered like 44 yards passing in the game.

Our franchise LT and revamped OL that is full of high picks was terrible and were responsible for a 44 yard passing game while Seattle, who has no franchise LT like we supposedly couldn't function without and had 2 starters out injured still got the job done against our DL and won the game.

Boys and Girls, Our problem isn't with a lack of talent, it is a result of decades of turmoil in the ownership that has resulted in several ownership changes and a loss in focus on building the organization from top to bottom culminating in the sale to Wilf who has absolutely no NFL experience and has failed to stay in the owners box and bring in a team of seasoned NFL executives to rune the organization and lay the groundwork for how the team will function and what the expectations are.

The result is a team with talent but inconsistent performance and when they hit a tough spot, they dod not have the leadership to turn them in the right direction. At the coaches level they have no ability to think outside the box and create game plans that exploit the weaknesses of other teams while masking our deficiencies.

Drafting a LT, A QB or a DB is never going to change anything if there are no changes at the top.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast