Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Originally Posted by Marrdro Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord(unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.

Until that happens, we are going to continue to look like we've done the last few weeks.

Again, one more time, just to make sure.....

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord (unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me two WR's.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Many thanks marr. You jumped on the Frazier bandwagon, and the team hit the skids. Now, the very week you jump off, the team turns it around with an outstanding effort. Well done my friend.
    Ooooops, I guess I did waiver. Man I was blasted that week I think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Not that I don't want to see them continue to win, but the fact that we're above .500 at this point is enough for me to be optimistic about the whole year. Losing out would be horrible for momentum into next season, but no one here honestly would have bet money that we would ever think the playoffs were a possibility this season; so it's a plus all around.

What I'm saying is simply: We know Ponder can play efficient ball. We've seen it in the beginning of the year. It's in there, and as the protection (hopefully) improves throughout this year and next, we'll start to see some more of that. These struggles we have now are difficult to watch, but I was expecting this before the year started anyhow. The ONLY thing that concerns me is Ponder's Deep Ball accuracy. On the rare occasion he does have time, his out of bounds throws are worrisome; HOWEVER, the demonstration of over-throwing is actually encouraging to me. You can teach and practice accuracy, you cannot teach arm strength.

My advice to everyone is to enjoy where we've been, hope for where we're going, and starting crying foul if next year doesn't improve. For those who spend a lot of money on vikings, you're doing it for the right reasons because they are honestly trying to situate this franchise well for the long haul. And in the end, it's the ups and the downs that make it worth being true, die-hard fans.
    Aside from the one drunken outburst (I'd completely forgot) thats the stance I've had all year with one exception.

I believe that most of Ponders deep ball issues are related to how the WR's run those routes. The do not put any effort into working the DB away from the sideline. They just run right down it which severely limits what Ponder can/can't do when throwing to his spots.

Get him someone who can not only get to the right spot, but work that sideline to his advantage and the deep balls will go up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Get me two WR's.

Until that happens, we are going to continue to look like we've done the last few weeks.

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Get me two WR's.
    \

Quote marrdro 10/8/2012

What a game.

Props.....

Coaching staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Our second best S goes out and you send in the 3rd best S and he shines. A pleasant surprise to say the least. Your best S goes out for a penalty and your 4th best S steps in and although he didn't make any standout plays (until that late tackle for loss ) the defense doesn't miss a beat.

That my friends equates to "Coaching". Not a bunch of vets holding rookies hands. Coaching and I'm buying into it totally.

In short, coach Frazier, I'm on board for the long haul.

quote me;
    Seriously, marr?
    With that drastic a flip flop in that short a time period I am of the opinion you will be spending your AARP years performing as a damn fine politician.
    As you know, our current slide cooincides with your proclamation of commendation for this coaching staff. I am holding you responsible for the current Viking state of affairs.
    just bustin ur balls a little.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 12-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Its definately not youth.. if it was you wouldn't see success from QB's like RG3, luck, Weeden, Tanehill, Wilson etc. these are ALL rookies playing very well in the league....

Secondly, where the hell has our tackling been? Our defense has been flat out awful the last 4 weeks... and can't get off the field to save their paychecks...

on offense, the O-line blocking has been the best i've seen since Peterson's rookie year and the Favre year... Pass blocking has some work to do.. but it's not like Ponder has no time...

the main problem is our qb... less than 64 yards passing 2 of the last 3 weeks... that's just unacceptable...
    Can you say Rice, Baldwin, Garcon, Wayne, Moss, etc vs Jenkins and Aroma?

Look I get that he's not lighting the world on fire but early on in the season when AD wasn't the "new AD" and he had Percy, he was looking pretty darn good.

Lets get the kid some WR's that are consistent in their reads and routes and then lets condemn him if he can't hit a guy on a 8 or a 9 route.

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Get me two WR's.

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Get me two WR's.
    LOL, I actually forgot I made that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    OK.

Just to add a little different perspective to the thread-

As you are calling for Musgrave to be fired, for the team to draft WR's and for the QB to be sacked I would like to point out that our former OC that we couldn't get any production from created a scheme that scored more points against our defense than any other defense they faced this season.

Their rookie QB who is in his first season starting and has less than half the starts of Ponder had no trouble moving the ball against our defense throwing to a WR that we didn't want to keep and some other no name guys while our QB mustered like 44 yards passing in the game.

Our franchise LT and revamped OL that is full of high picks was terrible and were responsible for a 44 yard passing game while Seattle, who has no franchise LT like we supposedly couldn't function without and had 2 starters out injured still got the job done against our DL and won the game.

Boys and Girls, Our problem isn't with a lack of talent, it is a result of decades of turmoil in the ownership that has resulted in several ownership changes and a loss in focus on building the organization from top to bottom culminating in the sale to Wilf who has absolutely no NFL experience and has failed to stay in the owners box and bring in a team of seasoned NFL executives to rune the organization and lay the groundwork for how the team will function and what the expectations are.

The result is a team with talent but inconsistent performance and when they hit a tough spot, they dod not have the leadership to turn them in the right direction. At the coaches level they have no ability to think outside the box and create game plans that exploit the weaknesses of other teams while masking our deficiencies.

Drafting a LT, A QB or a DB is never going to change anything if there are no changes at the top.
    Old friend, as always, you seem to pull a few out of your wise old brain that say it all.

Again, I recant the "Fire the world post". I'm even leaning towards keeping ole Musgrove (still doesn't deserve to be called Musgrave yet) one more year but with the caveat that they get some WR's in this year and not some washed up old TE that can't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Did you see Harvin chew Frazier out?

Frazier just stood there and took it with no emotion whatsoever.

I wonder what he said to him?

In Frazier's defense though, I finally did see him show some emotion today.

Unfortunately it was him whining to the refs when Carroll challenged the spot of the ball on that first down/tipped ball sideline catch.
    I'm of a mind he needs to go just for disrespecting the coach that way. I absolutely can't stand that.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Old friend, as always, you seem to pull a few out of your wise old brain that say it all.

Again, I recant the "Fire the world post". I'm even leaning towards keeping ole Musgrove (still doesn't deserve to be called Musgrave yet) one more year but with the caveat that they get some WR's in this year and not some washed up old TE that can't do anything.

To be fair there has been a strange silence from those who thought the play calling was bevells fault and also from the crowd who was on the "it takes years to develop a QB" crowd, who were usually one and the same in regards to how Seattle is doing it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    To be fair there has been a strange silence from those who thought the play calling was bevells fault and also from the crowd who was on the "it takes years to develop a QB" crowd, who were usually one and the same in regards to how Seattle is doing it.
    In regards to Bevell, we replaced a shit with a turd.

Ask a seahawks fan what they think about Bevell, they're not a fan, but they have players to make things work.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast