Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Definitely not youth? So you are saying that just because SOME younger players are having success on SOME teams that means that youth and inexperience has absolutely no effect on a player's performance?

Wow. I had no idea.

While I agree that the OL has been much better this year, any time there is a blitz Ponder get hit almost immediately. Go back and watch the last two games. They were blitzing almost every third down, especially in the Seattle game, and Ponder had absolutely NO time to get the ball off. That is a problem.

I do agree that Ponder's performance has been the biggest problem on the field the past two games. But WR play and Pass Blocking are two big problem areas right now as well.
    Is it not AD's job to pick up the blitz in those passing situations? How many years has AD been in the league?

Like it or not, AD has sucked & continues to suck at protecting his QB from oncoming blitzers. That is due to either lack of effort or piss-poor coaching.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-09-2012 at 06:22 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Is it not AD's job to pick up the blitz in those passing situations? How many years has AD been in the league?

Like it or not, AD has sucked & continues to suck at protecting his QB from oncoming blitzers. That is due to either lack of effort or piss-poor coaching.
    Reading the defense to figure out where the blitz is coming from seems to be part of the problem. That 'mental aspect' is both coaching and personal effort, and very frustrating for fans.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Not that I don't want to see them continue to win, but the fact that we're above .500 at this point is enough for me to be optimistic about the whole year. Losing out would be horrible for momentum into next season, but no one here honestly would have bet money that we would ever think the playoffs were a possibility this season; so it's a plus all around.

What I'm saying is simply: We know Ponder can play efficient ball. We've seen it in the beginning of the year. It's in there, and as the protection (hopefully) improves throughout this year and next, we'll start to see some more of that. These struggles we have now are difficult to watch, but I was expecting this before the year started anyhow. The ONLY thing that concerns me is Ponder's Deep Ball accuracy. On the rare occasion he does have time, his out of bounds throws are worrisome; HOWEVER, the demonstration of over-throwing is actually encouraging to me. You can teach and practice accuracy, you cannot teach arm strength.

My advice to everyone is to enjoy where we've been, hope for where we're going, and starting crying foul if next year doesn't improve. For those who spend a lot of money on vikings, you're doing it for the right reasons because they are honestly trying to situate this franchise well for the long haul. And in the end, it's the ups and the downs that make it worth being true, die-hard fans.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Nice post Braddock. Through all my negative posting I realize that a convincing win this Sunday would spin everything back in a positive direction and give the players and fans a great psychological boost through the bye week.
    Though the team seemed to be over performing early on, we now know they have the potential to be pretty darn good. A little better quarterback play and better line play on both sides of the ball would make a big difference.
    Ponder did bring us back from behind with his arm, so we know he's capable.

On the contrary, should the team lose out, those early season wins will seem pretty meaningless.
    I see Sundays game as a barometer for where the remainder of the season is heading.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord(unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.

Until that happens, we are going to continue to look like we've done the last few weeks.

Again, one more time, just to make sure.....

Fire Frazier
    Fire Musgrove
    Keep the D-coord (unless you can find someone better - shouldn't be hard)
    Get me a big Warpig in the middle
    Get me two WR's.
    Many thanks marr. You jumped on the Frazier bandwagon, and the team hit the skids. Now, the very week you jump off, the team turns it around with an outstanding effort. Well done my friend.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Then by default it is the coaching because I don't think Adrian is capable of not putting effort in on anything on the football field.
    Purple till i die

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Many thanks marr. You jumped on the Frazier bandwagon, and the team hit the skids. Now, the very week you jump off, the team turns it around with an outstanding effort. Well done my friend.
    I thought the same thing when he started this thread....

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    stay off marr. at least until after the playoffs
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    stay off marr. at least until after the playoffs
    I haven't waivered on my stance. Still want him to stay, if for no other reason than to provide the continuity that a team needs at that spot.

I've even come to think that I wouldn't mind seeing Musgrove hang for one more year. I think, like Ponder, we need to give him a true WR corps with which to work with before we throw him out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I thought the same thing when he started this thread....
    You guys crack me up. To make sure everything is OK, I'll have a talk with the Wilfs and Leslie.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast