Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I can not do it!

"tlk23" wrote:
    What was it like with all of the Super Bowl let downs? Which choke was the worst?

All of them hurt, the Vikes had good enough teams to win all the games except maybe the Stealers game because of their defense.

But Kansas city sticks out the most, we were a superior team and should have walked on them!

And the lose to Dallas in the championship game because we were good enough to win the Superbowl that year!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

I can not do it!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    See in 1998 we became main stream and we got a lot of fans that year. But they are someone blind in their perception of who we are and who we have been. Spoiled in the lack of really hard times. This is just another bump in the road that will throw a few more bandwaggon people off.

*if you became a fan in 1998 no offense
    Actually '98 is when I became a Viking fan! It was the year I started watching NFL, so my purple pride is not stained by rooting for any other team. :rr:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I can not do it!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This is a very hard post to write (probably will be long but I need your opinion), since the Vikes loss I have been enjoying Christmas with my family and I have not had time to post. But something has been eating at me since the way the game finished the way it did.

I made a bet with Texpac (he was banned for threatening people on the boeard) before the season started, I had faith in Tice back then and it looked like the Vikes had improved their D enough to go along with our offense.

The Vikes did not live up to their potential, the bet I made with Texpac was that if the Vikes had a better record than he would have to become a Vikes fan. If the Pack had a better record, I would have to become a Green Bay fan!

It would be easy to switch over and make fun of the Vikes because of the way the team is playing and underachiving, but I can not do it! I just hate the Pack to much to like them let alone cheer for them!

So, the other option is to give up football all together. I love the Vikes and I do not now if I can just stop watching them and I would hate not watching any football games anymore! So I am at an impasse, what do I do? I can not be a Green Bay fan, I would rather die! I do not want to stop being a Viking fan, even tho they piss me off alot these days!

So, I am leaving it up to you the fans at purple pride! Texpac was banned before the season even started and I do not know what arrangement we would have made as the season went along or changes to the bet.

Options!

1. Stop watching football all together.

2. Go on being a Vikes fan.

3. Kill myself (not liking this option)!

I am torn and do not know what to do, I need your help!
    Well a bet is a bet...Would you expect Texpac to honor his word? If so honor yours. This is why I don't make bets like this or wear someone elses jersery. But what you should do is try and modify the bet to include the playoffs. The Packers will not beat the Panthers. The Vikes had better beat Seattle at home. Good Luck!

Well that is my bane, I want to honor the bet but I hate the Pack so much!

That is why I am leaving it up to the people here, if they decide I should give up football then I will!

If Texpack is on here under a different name and he PM's me (I will not tell anybody) I will live by what he says!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I can not do it!

Just the fact that you have gotten 3 votes to kill your self really makes me wonder about the quality of people here :|

I can not do it!

Go on being a Vikings fan.

I gaurantee you that TexPack would not have become a Vikings fan had they finished the season with a better record than the Pack. The guy had a screw lose, he enjoyed making people angry.

So don't even worry about it, the bet you made is one of those bets that never become fulfilled. It's not like you guys bet 20 bucks, that can be easily arranged and completed. You cannot make someone stop liking their favorite team and start rooting for their most hated rival.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

I can not do it!

Poor bastard could never be a Cubs or Red Sox fan (prior to this year, of course).

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I can not do it!

If you are no longer in contact with the original betting partner, then there is no way that he can derive satisfaction from your completion of the bet.

That said, there should be some observance of the bet, in a modified form to fit the current situation.

I would say that for a period of time (Unspecified), you should have to sport a Packer sig with no derogatory comments on it. I would say that wearing it until the end of the season would suffice to honor the spirit of the bet without causing a complete mental collapse.

Also, I'm sure that the Packer fans know a talented person (Who likely roots for another team) who would be willing to slap a packer sig together for you.

Caine

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I can not do it!

He's gone... you don't have to hold up the bet!!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I can not do it!

In reading your bet it doesn't say you have to give up being a Vikes fan just that you will become a Pack fan (too). To me that means you can become one of the bandwagon boo birds from Lamboo and complain about Sherman etc just like lots of the Pack fans do. In short you can complain about why the Pack sucks and are a disappointment to you as a fan, and how Favre is over the hill. LOL

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I can not do it!

"RK" wrote:
    In reading your bet it doesn't say you have to give up being a Vikes fan just that you will become a Pack fan (too). To me that means you can become one of the bandwagon boo birds from Lamboo and complain about Sherman etc just like lots of the Pack fans do. In short you can complain about why the Pack sucks and are a disappointment to you as a fan, and how Favre is over the hill. LOL
    Looks like the best option to me...F*ck TEXPACK, he was an ASSHOLE anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast