Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am surprised

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I am surprised

There have been no posts that say the Vikings won without Moss being a major factor! I do understand every team in the league has to try and take Moss out of the action. This game proved that the Vikings have a very balanced offense. There are alot of weapons on this team and with the running game working it does open up the pass.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

I am surprised

The thing that was more impressive about MMs performance to me is that I think it is the opposite: I think the pass opens up the run. We did do very well with Moss out, but it was to the defense's credit. Bottom line, we can do without him but we hella need him to do anything special this season.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am surprised

Maybe this just means that we all thought we could win without Moss on the field. I think everyone was so impressed with our D that we didn't really concentrate post on the Moss out of the game subject.

I personally thought our offense would be alright without Moss, I was worried about our D stopping Brown and McNair.

Honestly, they were all banged up and don't have as much depth as we do on the offensive side of the ball. Volek look sloppy and their rcvrs were all banged up.

I hope our D looked good because we stiffled the QB rather than the QB was having a bad day. Volek look good against the Chargers a few weeks ago and they have a good defense.

Back to the orig topic, I was not surprised about winning without Moss. Culpepper is making so many reads progressing or checking down rcvrs to the TE to the RB then running. He is going to make the plays, he will find someone open. He knows where everyone is supposed to be and they know where they are suppose to be. Someone will be open on every play. Then he has MM to hand the ball to so everyone on the opposing D has to be honest and watch for the run.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I am surprised

Cully is doing a hell of a job with what he is given. I swear in the first half he didn't have one incomplete pass. I'm still waiting for those culpepper haters to come back out now and tell me I was wrong when I said he would be a star. They can win without Moss. Daunte ison FIRE, and our recievers are great, Burleson, Robinson, and Campbell can easily carry a game. All have great hands, and Campbell is almost as much of a deep threat as Moss is.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I am surprised

Culpepper is more important to this offense now than Moss is. However I did notice a significant drop off in the passing game with Moss out.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

I am surprised

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Culpepper is more important to this offense now than Moss is. However I did notice a significant drop off in the passing game with Moss out.
    yeah, whatd pep have, less than 200 yards? moss not being there made a big difference on the passing game. but im more worried about wins than stats.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

I am surprised

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't think it was that he couldn't have thrown more.

We didn't feel any threat from the Titans like they were going to score the way our D was playing.

Tice made a comment during a PC on thurs this would be a good game to run more without Moss.

We wanted to keep the clock moving.

Also, the Titans came out on one of their first drives and chewed a lot of time off the clock.

This was a different game by design. We are not the Martz Bros. Circus where we have to pass to win or feel good about ourselves.

That's it, I am outta here. I am leaving on a highnote, like George on Seinfeld. "My work is done here."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I am surprised

I think one persons name that we have not even mentioned is Jermane Wiggins! That guy doesn't drop anything. He has played very well the last two games. Balls thrown low, he catches to the right, to the left, any where! The catch I'll remember the most is the ball that cpep threw behind him and to his right at his kneecaps with a linebacker all over him against the Saints, and I think it was on third down!! That was a key catch! (hopefully everyone will know what catch I'm talking about!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I am surprised

Wiggins has done a great job. He is a better rcvr than Kleiny but he doesn't block quite as well. He is getting better at blocking.

Good Job Wiggy

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I am surprised

Yeah, sasser is a great blocker and I think he is a pretty darn good receiver too! Wiggins just gives us that extra TE that has some good athletic ability. When sasser gets back they will be a great pair to have!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast