dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I am ready to puke

I am now wondering if Catrell is all that good od a DC! Perhaps all that soft play off the reciever stuff works in the AFC but this is the NFC! With a 21 point lead in at the half that is what the Vikings did. The corners all played off the recievers and allowed the Texans to come back and tie the game. Also the Vikings much vaunted o-line sucks. All I saw was four Texans rushing much of the second half and they were putting pressure on Culpepper all afternoon. Withrow could not block anyone. With the Texans stunting Cory looked lost, he was trying to block someone but all the pressure was comming from the outside so he did not or could not adjust. Most games are won and lost at the line and the Vikings line was average at best. Another thing if the line can't block why not roll Culpepper out to get him some time? Plus in the first half the Vikings were sucessfull running the ball to the left why did they try to run the ball right the entire second half? I say keep doing what is working untill the other team stops you.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I am ready to puke

"dan3ski" wrote:
    I am now wondering if Catrell is all that good od a DC! Perhaps all that soft play off the reciever stuff works in the AFC but this is the NFC!
    Last time I checked, the Texans WERE IN the AFC...must not work there either...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I am ready to puke

I did say perhaps!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am ready to puke

Yes, MN Defense. Sometimes it is as if we are playing a "Prevent" Defense when we have a lead. Like they say, the only thing it prevents is a win! Look at our Linebackers, they are fast. Get them in there. If our D line can pressure Carr as it is, chuck a few more purple helmets in Carr's mug and lets see him complete one now. If this conservative Defense continues, look for a new coordinator next year, again.
    Is that Fazio with a mask, and heavier?

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

I am ready to puke

I think you need to look who was on the field danski, I agree totally that I was looking for more blitzes but then I realized something. Henderson and Claiborne were not playing and then Shaw got hurt. I think Hendreson and Claiborne are the LB's that do most of the blitzing and I seriously think Yates knows the blitz packages well enough to be trusted.
    I too was frustrated, but everyone must remember that the coaches are much more aware of what the players are capable of than the fans.
    I will give Catrell until Henderson and Claiborne return and if it is the same old conservitive defense then I will say it is the coach.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

I am ready to puke

I will still never and I mean NEVER believe in playing off the recievers on defense. My way of thinking is if you hit the recievers at the line you break up timing patterns.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: I am ready to puke

"dan3ski" wrote:
    I am now wondering if Catrell is all that good od a DC! Perhaps all that soft play off the reciever stuff works in the AFC but this is the NFC! With a 21 point lead in at the half that is what the Vikings did. The corners all played off the recievers and allowed the Texans to come back and tie the game. Also the Vikings much vaunted o-line sucks. All I saw was four Texans rushing much of the second half and they were putting pressure on Culpepper all afternoon. Withrow could not block anyone. With the Texans stunting Cory looked lost, he was trying to block someone but all the pressure was comming from the outside so he did not or could not adjust. Most games are won and lost at the line and the Vikings line was average at best. Another thing if the line can't block why not roll Culpepper out to get him some time? Plus in the first half the Vikings were sucessfull running the ball to the left why did they try to run the ball right the entire second half? I say keep doing what is working untill the other team stops you.
    ops: ukeright: You feeling better Danski?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I am ready to puke

All I can say is this. If you pull off a win with all of the people we had out then you did at least a mediocre job coaching. If we still had Irvin we would have won by a much bigger margin. He would not have made the mistakes that Shaw did.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]