Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

I am looking forward to the first loss.

There is nothing like seeing all the folks come out of the woodwork with their opinions that have been held inside because the team hasn't supported them yet.
    A good blowout will toughen up the team and get the naysayers into the action and put the perpetual optimists into check.
    Someone was saying I knew they would win the first two games.
    Come on now, we need a good loss.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: I am looking forward to the first loss.

I rather like the woodwork when it's not seeping.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    There is nothing like seeing all the folks come out of the woodwork with their opinions that have been held inside because the team hasn't supported them yet.
    A good blowout will toughen up the team and get the naysayers into the action and put the perpetual optimists into check.

I am going to say negative to that Prophet... The Vikes have been on the verge of losing both of their games this season, and have showed heart, and determination to get the win..

I was not one of the people that said they would win their first 2 games, but I am extremely happy that they did.. We can't afford to lose, especially the way Chicago is playing.. We play a lot of tough teams this season, and we need to win as many as we can.. They know what it is like to be close to a loss, they don't need to be blown out to feel that.. Keep winning boys..

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    Common now, don't start this crap this week, at least wait until the Patriots or something. I smell a victory over the Bears. Our defense exposing their offense for what they really are, and our offense putting together a handful of drives for the win, just like last year.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Common now, don't start this crap this week, at least wait until the Patriots or something. I smell a victory over the Bears. Our defense exposing their offense for what they really are, and our offense putting together a handful of drives for the win, just like last year.
    I agree on the comment about the Bears offense. It is not as good as it has played thus far, the points are misleading. Granted Thomas Jones is a respectable back and Rex is a solid starter but there's no reason for them to score 21+ points agianst us.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Prophet Guest

I'm saying it just for the sake of bringing out some of the members that are holding their tongue.
    Devil's advocate.

The team isn't like the teams of recent past where they needed some reality checks, they have had reality checks both games by winning however it needed to be done.

I'm optimistic about the Bears game this weekend.
    I don't buy into the hype.
    Love their D, but am not a Grossman believer.
    The Vikings' D will have to continue to play tough to pull off a W in this game.

The Vikes have done a great job in their opening drives this season, hope that continues.

The first loss is always a bit entertaining though, I won't back down from that.
    The boards would be splattered with Chicken Little threads if both games would have been lost by a few points.
    Just find that entertaining.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    The Vikings I watched yesterday didn't appear to be a team that could beat the Bears!

But the cool thing about football is how the team is different from week to week based on individual match ups.

I didn't see much of Napo in week one and we all know the week one Troy Williamson story.
    They looked like shining stars yesterday.
    I will remain on the optomistic side but I think we can help our offensive line out with a little more creativity in the play calling. They certainly do not appear to be a physically dominant bunch. They need to try a little finesse.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Dang nabbit Prophet.
    First loss is not entertaining.
    First loss pisses me off and makes me break things.
    Are we gonna lose? Probably.
    But its not unlikely for us to pull of a win iether.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Del Rio Guest

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The Vikings I watched yesterday didn't appear to be a team that could beat the Bears!

But the cool thing about football is how the team is different from week to week based on individual match ups.

I didn't see much of Napo in week one and we all know the week one Troy Williamson story.
    I will remain on the optomistic side but I think we can help our offensive line out with a little more creativity in the play calling. They certainly do not appear to be a physically dominant bunch. They need to try a little finesse.
    The thing I notice about our D is they are physically dominating only in a non appealing way. It seems like they are doing most of the little things right and now all they are missing is the turnovers the sacks the deflections.......and those will come. They are ranked right up there in defense with the best of them 6th overall for yards allowed, the Bears are 4th.

Our team is doing some things, managing the clock, keeping the opposing team from the endzone.......its a quiet domination and when they can put those two together the sacks turnovers and the BASICS they will be dominant.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Del" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

The thing I notice about our D is they are physically dominating only in a non appealing way. It seems like they are doing most of the little things right and now all they are missing is the turnovers the sacks the deflections.......and those will come. They are ranked right up there in defense with the best of them 6th overall for yards allowed, the Bears are 4th.

Our team is doing some things, managing the clock, keeping the opposing team from the endzone.......its a quiet domination and when they can put those two together the sacks turnovers and the BASICS they will be dominant.

That's what I saw in the pre season against some good teams. It is still there but not as cosistant.

The teams that beat the Bears play a very physical game. I think we are capable and I think we match up better than we did against Washington or Carolina.But we better come to play.

I have great optomism for the future,win or lose next Sunday!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast