Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hypothetical QB Question

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

    So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.
    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.


    As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

    With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

    With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.


    I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

    On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Hypothetical QB Question

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

    So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.

    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.


    As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

    With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

    With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.


    I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

    On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

    ;D


    Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

    Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hypothetical QB Question

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

    So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.
    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.


    As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

    With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

    With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.


    I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

    On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

    ;D


    Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

    Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    I hear you.
    I am still a huge TJ fan, but I am wondering if more development time is needed.
    If Holcomb performs well, I may prefer to see him learn some more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #34
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Hypothetical QB Question

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

    So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.

    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.


    As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

    With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

    With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.


    I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

    On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

    ;D



    Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

    Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    If he gets pressured & sacked to often, it could really damage him physcologically/mentally. I recall a great QB in college that it happened to in the pros & it ruined his career in the first year. I don't recall the QB, but it was televised on the NFL channel. It was from quite a few year back.

    I for one agree with Childress. I think T-Jack is ready to play in this league, but also agree with Caine that perhaps we shouldn't start him.

    T-Jack is ready. It's our OL that is not.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #35
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Hypothetical QB Question

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

    So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.

    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.


    As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

    With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

    With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.


    I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

    On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

    ;D



    Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

    Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    If he gets pressured & sacked to often, it could really damage him physcologically/mentally. I recall a great QB in college that it happened to in the pros & it ruined his career in the first year. I don't recall the QB, but it was televised on the NFL channel. It was from quite a few year back.

    I for one agree with Childress. I think T-Jack is ready to play in this league, but also agree with Caine that perhaps we shouldn't start him.

    T-Jack is ready. It's our OL that is not.
    If the OL doesn't improve this weekend I am gonna start a "Fire the OL Coach" thread
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Hypothetical question
    By PurplePride80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 08:29 AM
  2. Hypothetical Question
    By Purplexing in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 11:48 AM
  3. hypothetical question! (its a good one)
    By mr.woo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM
  4. Hypothetical question
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
  5. Hypothetical
    By Redmption in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 08:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •