Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Hypothetical QB Question

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.
    Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.

As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.
    The other thought is to have him learn under fire.

I am one of those that believe in learning by doing.
    Am I right?
    Who knows.

On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:
    The thing that I can't figure out is why do so many people seem to think Jackson is this great QB or that he has this great future here??? He has done NOTHING to warrant any of this other than the Vikings used a 2nd round draft pick on him. People only usually reserve this high of expectations for a high first round pick. Even when they drafted him, people said he wasn't ready, he was a project and he might eventually be a good NFL QB. That's fine......but throwing him to the wolves before he is ready is a recipe for disaster both for him and the rest of the team.

So far, he doesn't look like he is even close to being ready to being a decent NFL QB, much less "The Franchise." I think people WANT him to be successful and they HOPE he is successful, but that isn't a good enough reason to be our starting QB. I am all in favor of giving Holcomb a shot and he should be our starting QB for as long as he can get the job done.
    Hmmmmmmm.

Seems to me that the only people who use the term "Great" and "TJ" in the same sentence are the TJ haters.

As far as he hasn't shown "NOTHING" to prove that he doesn't have potential I think is a bit short sighted on your part.
    With the exception of 4 plays last week (4 Int) he has done nothing to prove one way or the other yet.
    In fact he has shown us exactly what all of us TJ supporters know and that is the fact that he is raw, inexperienced and still needs time to get to the point were he can manage a game and not loose a game for us.

With that said, I still think he has the potential to be a very good QB that will be a good fit for this scheme if he is given the time and opportunity to get the reps/experience to get there.

With that in mind I would like to point out that there are two thought processes behind how he should get that experience.
    Some believe he should sit on the bench and learn via old school methods of watching.

Am I right?
    Who knows.

On a side note, I have high expectations for all of our players regardless of how they wound up on the roster.
    Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

;D

Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.

Am I right?
    Who knows.

Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

;D

Don't get me wrong, I don't think playing is hurting him however, I wonder about his mental aspect.

Caine has made several great posts over the last few months about how starting him might be a mistake. I am pretty close to siding with him on this.
    I hear you.
    I am still a huge TJ fan, but I am wondering if more development time is needed.
    If Holcomb performs well, I may prefer to see him learn some more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.

Am I right?
    Who knows.

Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

;D

If he gets pressured & sacked to often, it could really damage him physcologically/mentally. I recall a great QB in college that it happened to in the pros & it ruined his career in the first year. I don't recall the QB, but it was televised on the NFL channel. It was from quite a few year back.

I for one agree with Childress. I think T-Jack is ready to play in this league, but also agree with Caine that perhaps we shouldn't start him.

T-Jack is ready. It's our OL that is not.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Angel_Martin" wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.

Am I right?
    Who knows.

Good point Marrdro.
    I am faltering though.

;D

If he gets pressured & sacked to often, it could really damage him physcologically/mentally. I recall a great QB in college that it happened to in the pros & it ruined his career in the first year. I don't recall the QB, but it was televised on the NFL channel. It was from quite a few year back.

I for one agree with Childress. I think T-Jack is ready to play in this league, but also agree with Caine that perhaps we shouldn't start him.

T-Jack is ready. It's our OL that is not.
    If the OL doesn't improve this weekend I am gonna start a "Fire the OL Coach" thread
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234