Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Hypothetical

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wouldn't be so quick to count out McMahon. He may not be the best QB in the world but we still have a good running game with our offensive line and when the run works well, even McMahon can hit open receivers.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    The cure for what ails a defensive backfield is a pass rush.
    The cure for what ails a quarterback is a run game.
    I am really looking forward to seeing T-Jack in the preseason games. I hope they let him play behind the first string line for a series or two.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I can assure you guys after Madden created Spencer Myers (the Vikings starting QB in my Madden Franchise, and 2nd round pick of a few seasons ago) went down with an injury in week 9. McMahon stepped in and went 16 for 20 for 376 yards and 3 TD's the next week at the Saints, who just so happened to be starting Michael Bennett at running back. I benched him in favor of user created Bigg Mofo in the 4th quarter, just to ensure he would be available for the next game since Myers is our 4 weeks. If this is any indication, he'll be fine.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I can assure you guys after Madden created Spencer Myers (the Vikings starting QB in my Madden Franchise, and 2nd round pick of a few seasons ago) went down with an injury in week 9. McMahon stepped in and went 16 for 20 for 376 yards and 3 TD's the next week at the Saints, who just so happened to be starting Michael Bennett at running back. I benched him in favor of user created Bigg Mofo in the 4th quarter, just to ensure he would be available for the next game since Myers is our 4 weeks. If this is any indication, he'll be fine.

It is a madden football game and there is no person named Spencer Myers he is fictitious and McMahon is not going to come in and be an all star, not going to happen! If Brad goes down we are screwed!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

It is a madden football game and there is no person named Spencer Myers he is fictitious and McMahon is not going to come in and be an all star, not going to happen! If Brad goes down we are screwed!
    I think he was being sarcastic...

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Lets say Brad Johnson goes down with injury and McMahon isnt winning any games as the QB. At what point should Travaris go in? Do you stick with McMahon until the season is a guaranteed no playoff contention or do you throw him in after the first few McMahon losses and see what he can do?
    I think Jackson needs to spend the entire season on the pine, learning from whoever the Vikes put out there, be that Johnson, McMahon, JT Sullivan, Shaun Hill.....

=Z=

By the way, Shaun Hill is no longer with the Vikings.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

I would hope that T-Jack does not see the field this year(maybe in the preseason)...I wouldn't worry too much about him getting hurt. I would worry about his psyche, and confidence getting damaged.
    McNair(I use Steve as an example because he came from a small school also) pretty much sat the bench for his first 2 years,and I believe McNair was a much more polished QB.
    T-Jack needs to ride the pine for at least 1 year IMHO

Prophet Guest

What if the whole team is injured? Will they put all of them on IR and make a team out of free agents?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I think you all are underestimating McMahon. If he has to come in and play he will be just fine.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont know i dont really think Mcman was anything good at all when he took over for McNabb last year

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Only put Jackson in when he is ready and has learned the system. Not any sooner.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast