Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Hutchinson will benefit from shoulder surgery

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/95580294.html

Sid Hartman: Hutchinson will benefit from shoulder surgery

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    Last update: June 4, 2010 - 2:03 AM

E.J. Henderson, the Vikings' outstanding middle linebacker, suffered a broken leg last December at Arizona and is not ready to take part in Organized Team Activities this spring.

And it's no secret that cornerback Cedric Griffin suffered a serious knee injury in the NFC title game against the Saints and probably won't be ready for the start of the regular season.

But the fact that All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson had shoulder surgery and won't take part in any of the OTAs is news.

Hutchinson injured the shoulder in the middle of last year and, despite the pain, he played the entire season and didn't give up a sack. He expects to be ready when training camp starts.

Hutchinson, in his ninth season in the NFL and fourth year with the Vikings, admits that the shoulder problem kept him front playing at top form last year. With the successful surgery, he should be able to return to his dominant ways this season.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Hutchinson will benefit from shoulder surgery

Zeus wrote:

E.J. Henderson, the Vikings' outstanding middle linebacker, suffered a broken leg last December at Arizona and is not ready to take part in Organized Team Activities this spring.

And it's no secret that cornerback Cedric Griffin suffered a serious knee injury in the NFC title game against the Saints and probably won't be ready for the start of the regular season.

But the fact that All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson had shoulder surgery and won't take part in any of the OTAs is news.

Hutchinson injured the shoulder in the middle of last year and, despite the pain, he played the entire season and didn't give up a sack. He expects to be ready when training camp starts.

Hutchinson, in his ninth season in the NFL and fourth year with the Vikings, admits that the shoulder problem kept him front playing at top form last year. With the successful surgery, he should be able to return to his dominant ways this season.
    =Z=
    lets hope so. Our OL has been steadily declining over the past few years, I'd love to see it back up where it used to be.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    lets hope so. Our OL has been steadily declining over the past few years, I'd love to see it back up where it used to be.

+1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/In-the-line-of-fire-Vikings-offensive-linemen-hope-to-show-critics-what-theyre-made-of-in-2010-49314516

Here is a good article touching on the OL issue some more......

slavinator wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/In-the-line-of-fire-Vikings-offensive-linemen-hope-to-show-critics-what-theyre-made-of-in-2010-49314516

Here is a good article touching on the OL issue some more......
    Forgot to add the article title: In the line of fire: Vikings' offensive linemen hope to show critics what they're made of in 2010

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Both Hutch and Herrera will be 100% this year, and able to use strength instead of just technique. Guards have to be able to maul rushers, and having a bum shoulder really makes it difficult.
    With Sully, and the "Load" getting into their second season as starters, and Big Mac having something to prove, I expect to see better blocking up front this year.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

PurpleTide wrote:
    Both Hutch and Herrera will be 100% this year, and able to use strength instead of just technique. Guards have to be able to maul rushers, and having a bum shoulder really makes it difficult.
    With Sully, and the "Load" getting into their second season as starters, and Big Mac having something to prove, I expect to see better blocking up front this year.
    Big Mac has nothing to prove. The only people who doubt him are Vikings fans. The media thinks he's one of the best pass blockers in the league, He made the probowl, if anything I'm worried about whether he'll be all there next season or not.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    PurpleTide wrote:
    Big Mac has nothing to prove. The only people who doubt him are Vikings fans. The media thinks he's one of the best pass blockers in the league, He made the probowl, if anything I'm worried about whether he'll be all there next season or not.
    That's mainly because Viking fans pay more attention to him. He is a good run blocker but as far as pass protection he lives off his college reputation. He's okay but not elite by any means. Any decent RDE eats him alive. Elite Tackles can at least hold their own against elite DEs. He just doesn't do well for the most part.