Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jwmann2 is offline Waterboy
    Anyone know if there is a buyout in his contract? 7 million is a lot for an aging veteran.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Anyone know if there is a buyout in his contract? 7 million is a lot for an aging veteran.
    7 million is not a lot for your best offensive lineman.
    They may get rid of him, which I think is foolish. I got that feeling when Frazier mentioned him retiring even though Hutch had not ever said it himself. It would be idiotic to draft a good right tackle then weaken the line again by ridding yourself of your top lineman. Wouldn't surprise me though. Hutch is still good. Don't know about the scheme.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    7 million is not a lot for your best offensive lineman.
    They may get rid of him, which I think is foolish. I got that feeling when Frazier mentioned him retiring even though Hutch had not ever said it himself. It would be idiotic to draft a good right tackle then weaken the line again by ridding yourself of your top lineman. Wouldn't surprise me though. Hutch is still good. Don't know about the scheme.

Didn't know they had one...
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Too bad Marty retired from the board. I am pretty sure he had them all graded out as "A"'s.

How did Birk and McKinney grade out with the Ravens?
    Who said I retired from the board. I've just been working in the comm closet a bunch.

Big Mac had a fine year, not sure how that plays, I was never really supportive of the way he was sent packing last year. Matt graded out at about the same as I've had him for the last 3 years. If you don't think I'm right, go ask young Flacco how much he likes dodging LB'rs coming in late up the middle while Matt is out helping G's that don't need help.

As to our OL, this year was the hardest to watch ever but I blame the coaching staff the most. Who the hell supported the idea to run 4 blocking schemes? I can't remember the exact games but I had Hutch charted 5 times as to pulling to block to a zone that there wasn't even a guy there to block while CJ was left trying to take on 2 DLmen and a LB all alone.

Couple of things out of that.......1) Sully clearly had issues with his play calling role in atleast one of the blocking schemes he was calling. My guess he struggled with atleast 2 of them. 2) Hutch was confused as well. A HOF'r just doesn't forget how to play.

Another thing to look at is the steady decline of Load. Again, he didn't just forget how to play, someone is teaching him something that is really off the mark IMHO.

If we don't revisit, at least the blocking scheme(s) and possibly the OL Coach, this year, even Kalil will be called a slob by you guys who claim to know nothing about OL blocking but still say they all suck.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    That's what happens when you base everything on a QB and he craps out and you owe everyone beer.
    Two things......

First, I don't owe everyone beer. Heck, I'm not sure I owe the 2 I had the bet with beer but they won't admit they were wrong and I was right so I will have to relent and buy.

Second, I haven't retired or anything of the sort. You've been around here long enough to know that at times my work keeps me from posting.

Besides, I've been off a bit on alot of topics and haven't left. I just admitted I've been off and move on to the next discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    This guy did not grade them very high at least.

Ravens Report Card: Grading the Baltimore Ravens 2011 Season | Baltimore Sports Report

I stated earlier this season that Birk was having problems and the Ravens were concerned with it and everyone said I was crazy. The Ravens were hoping to get another one-two seasons out of Birk and now they think they might not even get him back in 2012. McKinnie was not good there ... plain and simple.
    I didn't say it my friend. I've seen it coming for several years with respect to Matt.

I think Big Mac did OK, considering he came in cold and had to learn how to play with a whole bunch of new lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Did he seriously retire? I missed the notification.

Some people will do anything not to buy beer....

Caine
    \
    Ha, fooled you. And I buy beer even if I win bets so that doesn't wash either. .......snicker.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Who said I retired from the board. I've just been working in the comm closet a bunch.

Big Mac had a fine year, not sure how that plays, I was never really supportive of the way he was sent packing last year. Matt graded out at about the same as I've had him for the last 3 years. If you don't think I'm right, go ask young Flacco how much he likes dodging LB'rs coming in late up the middle while Matt is out helping G's that don't need help.

As to our OL, this year was the hardest to watch ever but I blame the coaching staff the most. Who the hell supported the idea to run 4 blocking schemes? I can't remember the exact games but I had Hutch charted 5 times as to pulling to block to a zone that there wasn't even a guy there to block while CJ was left trying to take on 2 DLmen and a LB all alone.

Couple of things out of that.......1) Sully clearly had issues with his play calling role in atleast one of the blocking schemes he was calling. My guess he struggled with atleast 2 of them. 2) Hutch was confused as well. A HOF'r just doesn't forget how to play.

Another thing to look at is the steady decline of Load. Again, he didn't just forget how to play, someone is teaching him something that is really off the mark IMHO.

If we don't revisit, at least the blocking scheme(s) and possibly the OL Coach, this year, even Kalil will be called a slob by you guys who claim to know nothing about OL blocking but still say they all suck.
    Just giving you something to reply to. And i agree with the take on the coaching and the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just giving you something to reply to. And i agree with the take on the coaching and the scheme.
    I noticed it is a bit slow around these here parts my friend. Were did everyone go? EJ and Z are on facebook Vikings page alot. I guess a few more moved over there.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    I got love for Hutch, but he has been having serious issues with injury and as such his form has declined, quite notably.. wouldnt be surprised to see him cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12