V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hutchinson, Kevin Williams are named to First Team All-Pro squad

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk bout that Marr

He doesn't look as explosive as he used to

And we used to pull him all the time since he was our best pulling lineman

I didn't see him pull one time this year

Idk if thats because he lost a step or if we choose not to..

But he definitley lost a step.. Not a huge one.. But he is getting older and the injuries have hampered him just a little bit

He is a still great however
    I am not 100% sure of this but in the ZB scheme if someone pulls it is normally the guard or the tackle.
    The C then seals to the gaurds vacated spot in the zone.

By the way, I did see him pull as well.

Yah, like I said I wasn't sure if it was the ZB scheme or not

I just noticed he doesn't quite look the same

But is still playing on a high level

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk bout that Marr

He doesn't look as explosive as he used to

And we used to pull him all the time since he was our best pulling lineman

I didn't see him pull one time this year

Idk if thats because he lost a step or if we choose not to..

But he definitley lost a step.. Not a huge one.. But he is getting older and the injuries have hampered him just a little bit

He is a still great however
    I am not 100% sure of this but in the ZB scheme if someone pulls it is normally the guard or the tackle.
    The C then seals to the gaurds vacated spot in the zone.

By the way, I did see him pull as well.
    Second, I have seen him pull a few times this year. IDK if he does less than he used to though.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Honors continue for Vikings[/size]
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7931356?nclick_check=1
    The accolades continue to roll in for the Vikings, with six players earning Associated Press All-Pro honors on Wednesday.

Guard Steve Hutchinson and defensive tackle Kevin Williams were named to the first team, while running back Adrian Peterson, fullback Tony Richardson, defensive tackle Pat Williams and safety Darren Sharper were selected to the second.

The AP All-Pro team does not differentiate between the National and American conferences, reducing the number of honorees. Despite missing the playoffs, the Vikings were second only to the New England Patriots for all-pro players. The Patriots had five first-teamers and nine overall.

"I'm excited," said Kevin Williams, who earned his third spot on the first team. "It's an honor to be named all-pro, alongside all those great players. It's an honor for the Vikings, and I'm happy Pat was recognized for his great season, too. It's something that reflects well on the whole defense and the team overall."

Hutchinson is the most distinguished Vikings all-pro player, leading all offensive linemen with 36 votes, 15 more than runner-up guard Alan Faneca of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hutchinson has been recognized as an all-pro the past five seasons, earning first team distinction three times.

In the NFC North, the Green Bay Packers had four honorees (Brett Favre, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett and Al Harris), all of them on the second team, while the Chicago Bears landed one (returner Devin Hester). The Detroit Lions were shut out.

LaDainian Tomlinson and Randy Moss were unanimous selections, and so was Tom Brady - sort of. Brady was chosen on each ballot from 50 media members who cover the NFL.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

briannord is offline Rookie

Remember last year when Chestor Taylor fumbled to lose us the game in Chicago?

Young Birk would have made that block.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Congrats to Hutch and KWill for 1st Team All-Pro honors.
    Congrats also to Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, Adrian Peterson and Tony Richardson for making the 2nd Team.

Just a bit of clarification...Birk did not make All-Pro, he made the Pro-Bowl, as a 2nd Team NFC Player.
    All-Pro is more appropriately named All-NFL IMO...meaning, there is no All-Pro Game and, the 1st and 2nd Teams are a mix of NFC and AFC players.
    The moniker "All-Pro" is recognition by the AP with a first and second team named based on AP Writer votes.
    "Pro-Bowlers" are voted to play in the Pro-Bowl by fans, players and coaches...with the higher percentage distribution given to the fan vote (I believe), with 1st and 2nd Teams nominated for both the NFC and the AFC.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Although I am not one to worry about individual acolades I do see this as another aspect of how the coachings staff is doing thier job.

The players are finally getting comfortable with the scheme and they are playing better because of it.

Long story short, we have good coaches and very talented players on this team.
    I look to see more of this stuff next year because of it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Although I am not one to worry about individual acolades I do see this as another aspect of how the coachings staff is doing thier job.

The players are finally getting comfortable with the scheme and they are playing better because of it.

;D
    They are? All of them? I still think Sharper is not comfortable with it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Once again Marr, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this point.

Hutchinson and Williams were both great players before this coaching staff and they will continue to be great players as soon as this coaching staff is gone [ hopefully soon].
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Hutchinson and Williams were both great players before this coaching staff and they will continue to be great players as soon as this coaching staff is gone [ hopefully soon].
    I agree 100%.
    How does this prove the coaching staff is doing there job?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

You never give the coaches credit do you. I strongly suspect that you will hate the next guy just as much IF the Chiller goes.
    ;D

Ponder this.......
    Think back to 2005.
    What was our rush defense like?

Truth is, it wasn't very good.
    We had Kwill, Phat Pat, Erasmus, etc etc. Basically the same guys.
    What changed?
    Could it be the new scheme, the way the coaching staff prepares them/has them prepare, differnt approaches to the game?

I believe that it has everything to do with the coaches.
    As you said, K-will has alwasy been a great player.
    Why didn't he get acolades like this then?

Face it, K-will, along with the other select few, good players on this team were held back by a team that lacked alot of overall talent.
    Sure we had a few standouts like K-will but the supporting class was pretty bad.
    The way they prepped for games was bad, the way the coaches gameplanned was bad etc tec.

Today, the players are better around guys like K-will, the scheme fits players like K-will etc etc and you are seeing him and others flourish in that environment.

Again, I am not trying to say the Kevin was any better or worse, I am just saying that the scheme fits him, the players around him are good enough to take some of the pressure off of him and we are seeing the benifits (individual acolades) from that progress.

By the way we gave up an average of something a bit overa a 100 yards a game rushing and over 300 yards a game pashing.
    Bout the same in 2007 passing but 74 yds a game against the rush.
    ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=min&year=2007
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast