Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 295
  1. #1
    purplepride818 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    297

    hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    Seahawks All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson arrived in Minneapolis Saturday night and is expected to meet with team officials Sunday. If the progress of their talks are as productive of those of the three Saturday signees, it wouldn't be surprising to hear an announcement of an agreement Sunday afternoon.

    However, there is one caveat. Hutchinson was slapped with the transitional free agent tag by Seattle. Unlike a franchise tag, which requires two first-round draft picks as compensation, the transition tag doesn't get draft compensation, it gives the player's current team seven days to match an offer. Unless the Seahawks come out publicly and say they won't match an offer, they would have until next Sunday to make a decision.

    However, if the Vikings move as quickly with Hutchinson as they have built a fledgling M.O. of doing with other free agents, the Seahawks could be on the clock sooner than later.


    hell yeah i cant wait he would be a huge benefit for the running game with taylor on board

  2. #2
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    sounds good to me. pretty much everyone here wants him on our team. so wilf, get that deal signed!
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #3
    purplepride818 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    297

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer

  4. #4
    adamv is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

  5. #5
    purplepride818 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    297

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    Salaries are broken into three parts -- signing bonus prorations, base salaries and incentives, including roster and reporting bonuses.

    A signing bonus is prorated or averaged over the length of the contract. For example, a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year contract counts as $1 million in each year of the cap. If a player has a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year deal that has a $440,000 base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus, his cap number for the year is $1.69 million.

    so if they give him a big signing bonus it will be spread out over the course of his contract and his base salary could be backloaded or frontloaded depending on the cap in the coming years

  6. #6
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    "adamv" wrote:
    i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?
    Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

    One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?

  7. #7
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    he is ours guys..seattle wont be able to match our offer..they need to replace the receiver and safety they lost, and they already gave a ton of cash to alexander..they wont match it..il guarentee he ends up with us!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  8. #8
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "adamv" wrote:
    i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?
    Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

    One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?
    i think when they match the offer, its final, and they get him for whatever we offered..wont happen though
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  9. #9
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    "purplepride818" wrote:
    i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer
    sounds good to me..wilf did say he wanted us to spend all the way to the cap..signing him for 7 a year would still leave us a ton of cash for burleson, a safety, and another linebacker
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  10. #10
    purplepride818 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    297

    Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

    what does everyone think of lawyer milloy? its a long shot but hes a pretty good veteran safety

Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nannerpuss reminds you to go to Denny's tomarrow
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
  2. My birthday is tomarrow.
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM
  3. Accept it
    By CrazyAtMSU in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 02:03 AM
  4. United Bowl Tomarrow
    By audioghost in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 07:49 AM
  5. Tomarrow....
    By PURPLEPOWER in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 12:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •