Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast
    purplepride818 is offline Starter

hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

Seahawks All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson arrived in Minneapolis Saturday night and is expected to meet with team officials Sunday. If the progress of their talks are as productive of those of the three Saturday signees, it wouldn't be surprising to hear an announcement of an agreement Sunday afternoon.

However, there is one caveat. Hutchinson was slapped with the transitional free agent tag by Seattle. Unlike a franchise tag, which requires two first-round draft picks as compensation, the transition tag doesn't get draft compensation, it gives the player's current team seven days to match an offer. Unless the Seahawks come out publicly and say they won't match an offer, they would have until next Sunday to make a decision.

However, if the Vikings move as quickly with Hutchinson as they have built a fledgling M.O. of doing with other free agents, the Seahawks could be on the clock sooner than later.

hell yeah i cant wait he would be a huge benefit for the running game with taylor on board

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: hutchinson could accept deal tomarrow

sounds good to me. pretty much everyone here wants him on our team. so wilf, get that deal signed!
    We're bringing purple back.

i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer

adamv is offline Rookie

i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

Salaries are broken into three parts -- signing bonus prorations, base salaries and incentives, including roster and reporting bonuses.

A signing bonus is prorated or averaged over the length of the contract. For example, a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year contract counts as $1 million in each year of the cap. If a player has a $4 million signing bonus on a four-year deal that has a $440,000 base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus, his cap number for the year is $1.69 million.

so if they give him a big signing bonus it will be spread out over the course of his contract and his base salary could be backloaded or frontloaded depending on the cap in the coming years

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"adamv" wrote:
    i wonder if we could front load the contract as in paying him a very large base pay in year one to offset a much smaller yearly rate in later years. This would drive seattle out of bargaining and the contract wouldn't have to be excessive. Any caps expert that can shed some light on this?
    Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

he is ours guys..seattle wont be able to match our offer..they need to replace the receiver and safety they lost, and they already gave a ton of cash to alexander..they wont match it..il guarentee he ends up with us!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "adamv" wrote:
    Exactly! Like we did Winfields contract, front load it so seattle has a hard time matching it this year but the years following it will be lowered because of the base salary the first year. I've thought of this. One way or the other i think we will find a way to steal him.

One question, if seattle matches offer can we match theres, intill somebody wins?
    i think when they match the offer, its final, and they get him for whatever we offered..wont happen though
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"purplepride818" wrote:
    i guess the deal could be for 7 mil a year which would make him the highest paid OL and seattle couldnt match that offer
    sounds good to me..wilf did say he wanted us to spend all the way to the cap..signing him for 7 a year would still leave us a ton of cash for burleson, a safety, and another linebacker

what does everyone think of lawyer milloy? its a long shot but hes a pretty good veteran safety

Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast