Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.
    huh... how is that truth exactly?
    It's truth because he doesn't want Birk to be missed, because then it would throw off his argument that Favre has a better o-line to work with than tjack.
    Of course, my mistake.
    You know I admit when I get something wrong my friend. Just not wrong this time, thats all. :silly:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.......

    I love how the author slipped this little opinion of his into what Hutch was saying....

    Birk is missed
    There is no doubt that the Vikings miss center Matt Birk as much as any free agent they have lost, but John Sullivan did a decent job last year and he has been battling injuries.
    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.

    I find this little quote interesting....

    Hutchinson added: "It's really more communicating and making sure everybody is together. Not the scheme, it's just making sure we're all in the same place and on the same page."
    Not the scheme huh. Kindof blows a few chuckleheads comments out the window now doesn't it. :woohoo:
    HEY Marty!

    Quick question: What makes the scheme work?

    Hutch answered it for you.

    Answer: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page

    HEY Marty!

    Guess what?: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page isn't happening!

    Translation: The scheme isn't working because the communication isn't working & the players aren't on the same page.

    Why aren't these problems resolved after running & teaching that offense for 5 years now?:

    A. The coaching staff doesn't know the scheme very well or isn't teaching it very well.
    B. The players trying to execute the scheme are constantly different due to players coming & going, which is inherent in today's NFL, making it damn near impossible to be on the same page with the players next to you, from one year to the next.
    C. The scheme is difficult to learn. The more difficult it is, the more penalties you're going to have. Marrdro has been known to say or has agreed with that it takes 5 years to master. Given the fact that we have new players on the line each year adds to the difficulty of getting the players on the same page.
    D. Any two of the above
    E. All of the above.

    Solution:

    1. Alter the scheme to one that the coaching staff can & is capable of teaching.

    2. Bring in a coaching staff that can & is capable of teaching the current scheme.

    3. Bring in players that can & are capable of executing the current scheme.

    4. Go with a different scheme altogether that players new & old can pick up on & execute quickly, rather than piss away a big chunk of our season every year waiting for the players to get on the same page together & get their communication straight.

    In order for the current scheme to work, you need to keep the same players intact each year & occasionally bring in a new player to learn while the current players are still learning. Instead, we have essentially replacing half our line every year & scratch our heads as to why they all aren't on the same page.

    Personally, I'd rather have a scheme that we can have success with throughout all 16 games, rather than one we can have 10-15% more success with throughout a portion of our games.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Interesting how Hutch mentions the constant changing at Center has an affect. I also mentioned this as a possible reason for Favres fumbles. It is not that far fetched. Good thin nobody really attack me on that comment.
    It isn't far fetched. Only problem is, you watched the game on the same Hidef TV I did last Monday and you saw the same replays I did.

    None of the fumbles had anything to do with the C/QB exchange.

    Doesn't mean it won't happen though. Just didn't happen during that game.
    Yes but the line calls are.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    I can always tell when you are working on a big one......Takes you awhile to reply.... :P
    singersp wrote:
    HEY Marty!

    Quick question: What makes the scheme work?

    Hutch answered it for you.

    Answer: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page

    HEY Marty!

    Guess what?: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page isn't happening!

    Translation: The scheme isn't working because the communication isn't working & the players aren't on the same page.
    But do you agree, when they are on the same page (they have been before) the scheme works, right.


    Why aren't these problems resolved after running & teaching that offense for 5 years now?:

    A. The coaching staff doesn't know the scheme very well or isn't teaching it very well.
    B. The players trying to execute the scheme are constantly different due to players coming & going, which is inherent in today's NFL, making it damn near impossible to be on the same page with the players next to you, from one year to the next.
    C. The scheme is difficult to learn. The more difficult it is, the more penalties you're going to have. Marrdro has been known to say or has agreed with that it takes 5 years to master. Given the fact that we have new players on the line each year adds to the difficulty of getting the players on the same page.
    D. Any two of the above
    E. All of the above.
    Marrdro only quoted what a HC said about it. Singer is the one who keeps touting that it is Marrdro's opinion.

    Another thing Singer keeps getting wrong is blaming the ZB scheme for the pass protection problems when he knows that the ZB scheme is used for the run production, that hasn't gotten worse.

    Solution:

    1. Alter the scheme to one that the coaching staff can & is capable of teaching.

    2. Bring in a coaching staff that can & is capable of teaching the current scheme.

    3. Bring in players that can & are capable of executing the current scheme.

    4. Go with a different scheme altogether that players new & old can pick up on & execute quickly, rather than piss away a big chunk of our season every year waiting for the players to get on the same page together & get their communication straight.
    Orrrrrrrr.......Keep everyone healthy so that you aren't rotating players in and out.

    Orrrrrrr....Keep working on your backups so that they are ready to come in, which by the way, I think we saw last weekend when Coop stepped up to the plate and delivered at alot higher level than we saw during pre-season....

    Opppps, can't go that way cause that would mean the coaches are actually coaching someone. (HAH :laugh: )


    In order for the current scheme to work, you need to keep the same players intact each year & occasionally bring in a new player to learn while the current players are still learning. Instead, we have essentially replacing half our line every year & scratch our heads as to why they all aren't on the same page.

    Personally, I'd rather have a scheme that we can have success with throughout all 16 games, rather than one we can have 10-15% more success with throughout a portion of our games.
    And yet, even though we have replaced players and have had injured players, the running game still remains the only effective thing we have had on that side of the ball since the ZB scheme was implemented.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.
    huh... how is that truth exactly?
    It's truth because he doesn't want Birk to be missed, because then it would throw off his argument that Favre has a better o-line to work with than tjack.
    ollowing the football.

    Our OL issues have nothing to do with who is under center right now.
    I disagree. It starts with the Center and one was already pulled for call problems.

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    singersp wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.......

    I love how the author slipped this little opinion of his into what Hutch was saying....

    Birk is missed
    There is no doubt that the Vikings miss center Matt Birk as much as any free agent they have lost, but John Sullivan did a decent job last year and he has been battling injuries.
    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.

    I find this little quote interesting....

    Hutchinson added: "It's really more communicating and making sure everybody is together. Not the scheme, it's just making sure we're all in the same place and on the same page."
    Not the scheme huh. Kindof blows a few chuckleheads comments out the window now doesn't it. :woohoo:
    HEY Marty!

    Quick question: What makes the scheme work?

    Hutch answered it for you.

    Answer: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page

    HEY Marty!

    Guess what?: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page isn't happening!

    Translation: The scheme isn't working because the communication isn't working & the players aren't on the same page.

    Why aren't these problems resolved after running & teaching that offense for 5 years now?:

    A. The coaching staff doesn't know the scheme very well or isn't teaching it very well.
    B. The players trying to execute the scheme are constantly different due to players coming & going, which is inherent in today's NFL, making it damn near impossible to be on the same page with the players next to you, from one year to the next.
    C. The scheme is difficult to learn. The more difficult it is, the more penalties you're going to have. Marrdro has been known to say or has agreed with that it takes 5 years to master. Given the fact that we have new players on the line each year adds to the difficulty of getting the players on the same page.
    D. Any two of the above
    E. All of the above.

    Solution:

    1. Alter the scheme to one that the coaching staff can & is capable of teaching.

    2. Bring in a coaching staff that can & is capable of teaching the current scheme.

    3. Bring in players that can & are capable of executing the current scheme.

    4. Go with a different scheme altogether that players new & old can pick up on & execute quickly, rather than piss away a big chunk of our season every year waiting for the players to get on the same page together & get their communication straight.

    In order for the current scheme to work, you need to keep the same players intact each year & occasionally bring in a new player to learn while the current players are still learning. Instead, we have essentially replacing half our line every year & scratch our heads as to why they all aren't on the same page.

    Personally, I'd rather have a scheme that we can have success with throughout all 16 games, rather than one we can have 10-15% more success with throughout a portion of our games.
    Great post.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.......

    I love how the author slipped this little opinion of his into what Hutch was saying....

    Birk is missed
    There is no doubt that the Vikings miss center Matt Birk as much as any free agent they have lost, but John Sullivan did a decent job last year and he has been battling injuries.
    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.

    I find this little quote interesting....

    Hutchinson added: "It's really more communicating and making sure everybody is together. Not the scheme, it's just making sure we're all in the same place and on the same page."
    Not the scheme huh. Kindof blows a few chuckleheads comments out the window now doesn't it. :woohoo:
    HEY Marty!

    Quick question: What makes the scheme work?

    Hutch answered it for you.

    Answer: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page

    HEY Marty!

    Guess what?: Communicating and making sure everybody is together on the same page isn't happening!

    Translation: The scheme isn't working because the communication isn't working & the players aren't on the same page.

    Why aren't these problems resolved after running & teaching that offense for 5 years now?:

    A. The coaching staff doesn't know the scheme very well or isn't teaching it very well.
    B. The players trying to execute the scheme are constantly different due to players coming & going, which is inherent in today's NFL, making it damn near impossible to be on the same page with the players next to you, from one year to the next.
    C. The scheme is difficult to learn. The more difficult it is, the more penalties you're going to have. Marrdro has been known to say or has agreed with that it takes 5 years to master. Given the fact that we have new players on the line each year adds to the difficulty of getting the players on the same page.
    D. Any two of the above
    E. All of the above.

    Solution:

    1. Alter the scheme to one that the coaching staff can & is capable of teaching.

    2. Bring in a coaching staff that can & is capable of teaching the current scheme.

    3. Bring in players that can & are capable of executing the current scheme.

    4. Go with a different scheme altogether that players new & old can pick up on & execute quickly, rather than piss away a big chunk of our season every year waiting for the players to get on the same page together & get their communication straight.

    In order for the current scheme to work, you need to keep the same players intact each year & occasionally bring in a new player to learn while the current players are still learning. Instead, we have essentially replacing half our line every year & scratch our heads as to why they all aren't on the same page.

    Personally, I'd rather have a scheme that we can have success with throughout all 16 games, rather than one we can have 10-15% more success with throughout a portion of our games.
    Great post.
    Quit encouraging him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.
    huh... how is that truth exactly?
    It's truth because he doesn't want Birk to be missed, because then it would throw off his argument that Favre has a better o-line to work with than tjack.
    ollowing the football.

    Our OL issues have nothing to do with who is under center right now.
    I disagree. It starts with the Center and one was already pulled for call problems.
    I don't think he was pulled for any other reason than his footspeed.

    My analysis along with Hutch's comments vs what the guys on KFAN said.

    Cook is just never gonna be anything other than a good backup, but never good enough to be a starter.

    Coop on the other hand, seems to be a better fit for what the team is trying to do with Sully in there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.
    huh... how is that truth exactly?
    It's truth because he doesn't want Birk to be missed, because then it would throw off his argument that Favre has a better o-line to work with than tjack.
    ollowing the football.

    Our OL issues have nothing to do with who is under center right now.
    I disagree. It starts with the Center and one was already pulled for call problems.
    I don't think he was pulled for any other reason than his footspeed.

    My analysis along with Hutch's comments vs what the guys on KFAN said.

    Cook is just never gonna be anything other than a good backup, but never good enough to be a starter.

    Coop on the other hand, seems to be a better fit for what the team is trying to do with Sully in there.
    NFL player who can't say much vs. a reporter type who probably had an inside scoop.

    Come on Marrdro, you know better than that.

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Hutch is Frustrated...

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

    Truth of the matter is, Birk hasn't been missed even though the local media hacks and pro Noodle crowd want you to buy into it.
    huh... how is that truth exactly?
    It's truth because he doesn't want Birk to be missed, because then it would throw off his argument that Favre has a better o-line to work with than tjack.
    ollowing the football.

    Our OL issues have nothing to do with who is under center right now.
    I disagree. It starts with the Center and one was already pulled for call problems.
    I don't think he was pulled for any other reason than his footspeed.

    My analysis along with Hutch's comments vs what the guys on KFAN said.

    Cook is just never gonna be anything other than a good backup, but never good enough to be a starter.

    Coop on the other hand, seems to be a better fit for what the team is trying to do with Sully in there.
    The fact is, he was pulled because he wasn't effective at center. Mars was right.

    Call it footspeed if you want for a reason, but nevertheless it affected his performance & he got yanked.

    Again, it wasn't working.

    Funny you should blame it on footspeed any how. I thought you were under the belief it was a communication problem.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frustrated...
    By PurpleCamoSince82 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. im a frustrated vikings fan
    By sirweeze in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:16 PM
  3. Hutch
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
  4. Hutch
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
  5. Frustrated but optimistic
    By skogs02 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •