Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THIS Hurts!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: THIS Hurts!

The D is not horrendous. They are playing that way; 5 starters out, consistenly defending a shortened field, and an anemic offense that simply blows drive after drive before they can get their helmuts off on the sideline. Slack is deserved there.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"webmaster" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    It's not so much that we lost again (although that sucks too)...but this is the first sentence of the article that I just finished reading about the game:

ATLANTA (AP) - Michael Vick played about 22 minutes Sunday, more than enough for the Atlanta Falcons to beat the hapless Minnesota Vikings.

HAPLESS??? Say it ain't so!!! :sad:
    Hapless may be apt. Even I am looking at the coaching now.

Say it isn't so Webby?? Not you of all people. :grin:
    It just has to come down to coaching when this team consistently doesn't show up on gameday, especially on the road. Something has to change.
    I don't even know if its one in particular. That's been my problem. Its not all Tice. Its not the owner. But it just seems a systemic apathy within the organization.

Or we just are getting beat by decent teams, which we have. But we need to be better, and find ways to adjust. None of the personnel adjust right now. Where do you draw the line?

Obviously we need more, and better, staff perhaps surrounding Tice, or maybe lop off the head and see what grows back in its place. Either way, Loney needs to go back to OL coach.

I agree also it's not "just" coaching. But that is what I begin to focus on when you have a 4-24 road record since 2001, consistently bad special teams, and as you stated an "systemic apathy" towards the team constantly underachieving. Now, you could make the assumption it was the 5 starters missing on the "D" today that caused the loss. But, myself personally, just tired of all the "excuses" when the team doesn't even show up.

When I blame the coaching staff, it's not just this game or even this season. It stems further back from the general attitude that the Vikes are always "talented enough, but underachievers". The seasons change, but the same attitude continues that a loss is "acceptable". At some point, someone has to "draw a line" in the sand and say, "Enough is enough". When that happens, it's usually the coaches that go .... even if the players are at fault. I just personally feel that Wilfi will only take so much, even after all the money we spent this offseason that he currently holds "The Big Stick" and is about to use it to draw that line.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    The D is not horrendous. They are playing that way; 5 starters out, consistenly defending a shortened field, and an anemic offense that simply blows drive after drive before they can get their helmuts off on the sideline. Slack is deserved there.
    I don't think our O made it to the Falcons side of the field until mid 3rd quarter. That is definitely cause for a short field, even with Klewe's leg. Our D got the short end of the assignment today, the O didn't live up to their end of the agreed upon game plan that is for sure.

Hooversham is offline Starter

Yep, and until they clean out the coaching staff, it will continue. THe most poorly coached team in the league. Penalties, apathetic play, no emotion, out of position etc. It's quite painful to watch. I say clean out the coaches' lockers, spend the rest of this year trying to learn a new offensive scheme, and take Reggie Bush in the draft.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

the worst thing is everyone will blame this on the Moss trade and it's not even close to the reason why we're losing...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

VikingsM4 is offline Rookie

It seems so far most people havent been talking about losing Moss but rather Linehan...Which I think is the real reason, and a shitty O-line.

Pep MVP, 05-06

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm reserving judgement on this game until I've watched it. Its on NASN tonight so I'll tape and watch it during the day tomorrow when my blood pressure is back towards normal.
    I did listen online to the commentary last night and it didn't sound good for sure. I can see some big changes coming up in the next couple of weeks
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    the worst thing is everyone will blame this on the Moss trade and it's not even close to the reason why we're losing...
    You're right, it's not because the Vikes traded away Moss. It IS because Moss being on the feild made EVERYONES jobs easier.

People can't blame this on Birk, he was out most of last year as well. Along with Kleinsasser, Rosenthal and various other o-players randomly throughout the season.

Linehan? We miss him only for the fact that Loney doesn't have a clue as to what is going on. (but dang his daughter is HOT) Tice has pretty much taken over the Offensive Coordinator position (without pay), and sent Loney back to the O-Line ranks.

The Defense was advertised to be better as well, which in turn, would give the Offense more opportunities to have the ball. All that has done is give the Offense more opportunities to throw INTs.

Not all that is directed at you DaunteHOF, just venting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12