Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Flea Flicker

And as for the thread goes ,It is clear Childress is not a lover of trick plays but the little use of this it is strange
    ,seeing a team like the Eagles ,which he was a coordinator ,using it in every game and having a good off threaten like AD to make the other team beat the bailt,I think we would have to use it more yep.....
    El underdog.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"El" wrote:
    And as for the thread goes ,It is clear Childress is not a lover of trick plays but the little use of this it is strange
    ,seeing a team like the Eagles ,which he was a coordinator ,using it in every game and having a good off threaten like AD to make the other team beat the bailt,I think we would have to use it more yep.....
    I disagree.
    Childress used them quite a bit his first year.
    I think the issue is that a team must be executing the fundamentals well before moving on the the tricks.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Did anyone on our team (not a QB) play QB in high school or college?
    Sharper did.
    Rice showed he has a nice arm also.
    Rice did too
    I believe.
    His throw was one of the best throws we had all year, haha.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    I disagree.
    I think the issue is that a team must be executing the fundamentals well before moving on the the tricks.
    Hey Nodak another idea i had was you know first kickoff of the game and halftime kickoff they dont do a commerical timeout. i was wondering what if we had Jaymar and allison on Kick Return and after the play is over
    hurry up and make a play cause offense doesnt have to wait for defense. give the front line to line up as o lineman and do a trips right screen to Jaymar and let him run. i know i know its alot of things that can happen 1 that the Defense calls timeout. but thats 1 gone and another is we might not have a thrower on Kickreturn but its not that hard to throw a screen and i think that could work and it would shock the NFL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    I disagree.
    Hey Nodak another idea i had was you know first kickoff of the game and halftime kickoff they dont do a commerical timeout. i was wondering what if we had Jaymar and allison on Kick Return and after the play is over
    hurry up and make a play cause offense doesnt have to wait for defense. give the front line to line up as o lineman and do a trips right screen to Jaymar and let him run. i know i know its alot of things that can happen 1 that the Defense calls timeout. but thats 1 gone and another is we might not have a thrower on Kickreturn but its not that hard to throw a screen and i think that could work and it would shock the NFL
    I like your creativity, but some of these plays need to be thought out more.
    First of all, commercial timeouts are not dictated by the team, but rather by the NFL.
    I guess I never noticed if they do one after the opening or halftime kickoffs, but even if they don't do one I thought there was a stoppage in play.
    I could be wrong here.
    Second, if we substitute even a single player, then we have to allow the defense to do the same.
    We learned that the hard way last year.
    Otherwise, I like the idea.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Yeah i know its alot more from where that came from. i have atleast 40 plays and im calling it the gadget playbook. i hope to one day polish it and find all the kinks, and sell it to a NFL team

but that idea Nodak a Shotgun Trips right screeen pass 2 Jaymar would be excellent cause from looking at the kickreturn team the backup center and guard is on the front line. i believe it would excellent but it has 2 be shotgun cause the guy might muff the snap.

it could work very well as soon as its over hurry up and run into place. it could cost them a timeout OR result in a huge TD for us. both outcomes are kinda good

Nodak i was also wondering do you think there will be a lot more screens with JJ and BB and AA?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hmmmm....lets see.

How many deep threats on this team?

Who is actually throwing the ball?

And our pass blocking?

You do not need a gadget play here and there to be competitive in the NFL

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Hmmmm....lets see.

How many deep threats on this team?

Who is actually throwing the ball?

And our pass blocking?

You do not need a gadget play here and there to be competitive in the NFL
    I dont get your point Ultra. Are you saying that we are superior in those 3 things? cause if you are then i beg to differ but if not i apologize.
    But gadget plays are very useful for a quick score. and ask any coach they dont care how they got the TD as long as they get one. and gadget plays gets you those quick 7 so you do kind of need them to be competitive

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast