Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Hurry Up Offense

i was just thinking and i thought why dont we abuse the flea flicker this year.. we did it once in 2007 with a WR flea Flicker and it worked, imagine doing a RB flea FLicker on the first play on 2008 at lamblow field. as soon as they see AD touch the ball everyone is gonna rush 2 him leaving berrian or rice to burn down the field. My first choice would be berrian cause he would smoke Harris.

I know your thinking we have the Play Action pass. but that doesnt always work if they see the ball in petersons hand they will move 2 fast to think of a FF and i think that would be a quick 7 points and we could use it once a game.

Comments?

Re: Flea Flicker

a toss flea flicker would be excellent for AD

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Could be some good tom-foolery to witness.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SharperImage" wrote:
    How well can AD throw a ball?
    I have seen some running backs put a real duck up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

im just wondering why childress never did it? theres no way he couldnt of thought about it? run a toss left
    with the tight end on the left side. toss it to peterson wait 3-5 seconds toss it back BOMB to berrian. he will burn al harris. the safety will move. TD.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    How well can AD throw a ball?
    I have seen some running backs put a real duck up.
    if he cant throw a straight ball no more than 5 yards back to the QB he doesnt deserve to be in the NFL. or even toss it backwards.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"SharperImage" wrote:
    im just wondering why childress never did it? theres no way he couldnt of thought about it? run a toss left
    with the tight end on the left side. toss it to peterson wait 3-5 seconds toss it back BOMB to berrian. he will burn al harris. the safety will move. TD.
    Whoa.... slow down there... Childress is still trying to figure out why a football is shaped the way it is... one thing at a time...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Whoa.... slow down there... Childress is still trying to figure out why a football is shaped the way it is... one thing at a time...
    LOL

IM just saying i better see a Flea FLicker against green bay or i wont be a happy camper.
    And another thing why not a college option with AD and T Jack. soo many gadget plays childress can deploy with the skill set of our offense. i wish there was some way to talk to childress i seriously think he'd take 1 of my 14-15 ideas

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    LOL

IM just saying i better see a Flea FLicker against green bay or i wont be a happy camper.
    And another thing why not a college option with AD and T Jack. soo many gadget plays childress can deploy with the skill set of our offense. i wish there was some way to talk to childress i seriously think he'd take 1 of my 14-15 ideas
    Yeah, I know. We did see some trick plays called in Childress' first year... I think Ryan Longwell threw a TD that season, if you can believe it.

I think Chilly will have something up his sleeve.

Again... Cannot wait until August...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    LOL

Because you don't win consistently with gadget plays.
    You win with solid football.
    If they would work so well, you would see them a lot more often on all teams.
    As far as the option offense, NFL defenders are much faster and more agile than their college counterparts, so the option simply doesn't work as well.
    Plus the QB gets hit on damn near every option run.
    I don't think that we want TJack getting hit every down, given his past durability.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast