Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Humble request...

Please... PLEASE stop quoting the entire previous post and all the previous posts that post quoted if you're only responding to the last post. Some of these threads are almost impossible to read because by the bottom of the page the top post has been quoted 10 times, the 2nd post 9 times, the 3rd post 8 times, etc... take the extra 15 seconds and delete out all the legacy stuff to keep the screen a bit more user friendly. Thanks!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Humble request...

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Please... PLEASE stop quoting the entire previous post and all the previous posts that post quoted if you're only responding to the last post. Some of these threads are almost impossible to read because by the bottom of the page the top post has been quoted 10 times, the 2nd post 9 times, the 3rd post 8 times, etc... take the extra 15 seconds and delete out all the legacy stuff to keep the screen a bit more user friendly. Thanks!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

BleedinPandG wrote:
    It's the PP.O way. It's nice to have all the information being discussed, within the discussion. Especially because it's harder to take things out of context that way. Also if you show up late to a thread you don't need to start at page one to read a relevant discussion.

So please, you spend the extra 15 seconds scrolling.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

jessejames09 wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    It's the PP.O way. It's nice to have all the information being discussed, within the discussion. Especially because it's harder to take things out of context that way. Also if you show up late to a thread you don't need to start at page one to read a relevant discussion.

So please, you spend the extra 15 seconds scrolling.
    I agree 100%. If you don't quote then you have to search to find out what is going on. It is not that hard to scroll down. It is a lot harder to go back and see what people are talking about.

Apparently I'm the only one who reads a thread start to finish? I guess I'll defer to the judgement of others who simply want to skip to the last post and use that to read the entire thread.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Apparently I'm the only one who reads a thread start to finish? I guess I'll defer to the judgement of others who simply want to skip to the last post and use that to read the entire thread.
    You read the whole Jared Allen Thread? Congrats on your billionth dead brain cell.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

jessejames09 wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    You read the whole Jared Allen Thread? Congrats on your billionth dead brain cell.
    I read it too, but over its whole lifespan. I don't know if anyone would go into a 1000 page thread midway through and read 500 pages of it. That's just absurd.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    I read from start to finish but that is not the point. When you come back to a thread, you would be confused. Then you would have to start from scratch and search from the beginning. Some of those conversations might be in the middle of a thread. That shit would take forever to figure out. It is much easier to take the finger on scroll down on the mouse.

jessejames09 wrote:

Threads that I follow, I tend to follow start to finish (my finish is often before the last post of a thread). If you skip a bunch of content you lose perspective on people's opinions and run the risk of simply rehashing previously made posts... probably one of the core reasons some of the threads get so insanely long. I type in an attempt to contribute something new... not to add to my post count or exercise my fingers.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    jessejames09 wrote:

Threads that I follow, I tend to follow start to finish (my finish is often before the last post of a thread). If you skip a bunch of content you lose perspective on people's opinions and run the risk of simply rehashing previously made posts... probably one of the core reasons some of the threads get so insanely long. I type in an attempt to contribute something new... not to add to my post count or exercise my fingers.
    Why would someone want to add to their post count? Is this a race? Do we get a prize? No. So what would be the point? Not sure why some people throw that around.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast