Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: How Are You During Vikes Games?

If im at the game, which happened only once, or at any football game, i go ballistic. At U.H games me, a buch of friends, and our section jump up and down everytime U.H scores a td. WHen things go bad, i cuss a lot, same with the vikings.

If the refs made a bad call, i tend to cuss a lot as well. Or if someone either butter finger drops the ball, i get mad and say something like catch the *****ing ball butterfingers.

WHen th e vikes score and do well, i stand up applaud and woohoooo.

I think anyone can say they are the loudest, doest matter where it is, is when an opponent faces a third down, or if the opponent has the ball last trying to score to win or tie, I always yell Let's go DEFENSE!!!!
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Well how do I say this? I a freakin mental case during a Vikings game :grin: . Oh and when we play them cheese doodles I have a CD with the song beatin on the Cheeseheads, and various other songs that blasts wide open on my surround sound with the windows open just to drive my Cheesehead neightbor nutz. I have thrown about everthing known to mankind at the TV and once taking out the screen on my bigscreen TV. :sad: At home I'm a lunatic, but at other people houses I'm just nuts. Get me in a sports bar and I will find the people rooting for the other team and talk smack and do the jig when we are winning. God I love football. :grin: :grin:

Rastak is offline Rookie

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Well guys and gals, just wanted to know how you all get during Vikings games? Especially those games where it seems like every dam flag is getting thrown against the Vikes. My fiance has stated many times that I need to calm down during games.. I like throw pillows at the tv every now and then.. I admit it atleast, her family gets alot worse than me during Packer games but she seems to think they are not that bad..

So just wanted a little feed back! and Girls, I know you get rowdy. I have seen you ladies at the Dome, and I have told my fiance. If you were to act like that, I would take you home right now.. lol.
    I end up with a very horse throat.....why? Because I scream my F'ing head off for EVERY play run by our opponents. Gotta maximize our home field advantage. It does get hard though.....yelling at the top of your lungs every play actually hurts by game end.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

I thought, I was outta my mind and never would think of brinning this up until I read this thread simply because I would be affraid that you guys would think I'm a little crazy...

I have a Viking horn here next to my lazy boy. When we get a first down I LOUDLY blow that horn proudly....when we get a touchdown the same,when we get an interception the same, when we force a 3 and out more of the same.

It drives my wife NUTS! she said I can hear you screaming all the way from across the street at the mail box and people were walking their dog past our place and stop and stared at the house and looked at each other and said"the Vikes must be winning"

my son always yells about the opposing team when we get a touchdown
    "welcome to Minnesota,punks"

when we are doing badly I am very quiet however.

to sum it up ....I might be a little nutz

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

My personality is completely different when I'm watching the game. I can't explain it. Normally I'm mild tempered, calm and on the shy and quiet side, but when the Vikes are playing I turn into Mr. Hyde. When I'm at home watching a game the family generally leaves me alone in the basement family room, except for my youngest daughter who comes down when she hears me "woo-hoo !!" and sings a few bars of Skol Vikings with me.

I'm a little more subdued when with friends unless they get loud too, then I'm glad to chime in.

Nothing beats being at the game though because I can be as loud as I want and nobody cares. My voice is usually gone by the third or fourth quarter from yelling while the defense is on the field, but I can usually pull it together and be loud until the game is over.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"Rastak" wrote:
    I end up with a very horse throat.....why? Because I scream my F'ing head off for EVERY play run by our opponents. Gotta maximize our home field advantage. It does get hard though.....yelling at the top of your lungs every play actually hurts by game end.
    Rastak, are your seats in section 209? For a couple of years my season tickets were by a group of 4 guys who sit in the middle of section 209. They yell at the top of their lungs during every defensive play. Some of my funnest games at the dome were spent sitting by those guys. I believe they're still in the same seats too.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Hrm....well if they're losing, I get pretty depressed. If there's a big play and the game is close I get pretty animated, same if they score a touchdown too. I'm usually in a pretty damn good mood if they're winning, but if it's close I'm pretty nervous! It's amazing how many emotions one can feel during a football game. I go from pissed to depressed to happy to upset and then back to happy again, either that or I'm pissed off for the next week!

My favorite moment was during the Packer game this year when Edinger hit that field goal. I ran around the house going nuts.

This is funny.
    The s*** stuff I've destroyed is wild. I have a beach blancket, touque, (I know you Americans aren't used to the "que"), and I threw all my s*** in the garbage after the '98 NFC Championship, which included 3 T-Shirts; and I'm from Canada!!!!

Go Vikes, and please, Brad Johnson to start.

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

I just CHEER!!!

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    touque, (I know you Americans aren't used to the "que").
    There must be a language barrier here. What's a touque, even without the que?

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    Go Vikes, and please, Brad Johnson to start.
    Agreed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast