Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

How Are You During Vikes Games?

Well guys and gals, just wanted to know how you all get during Vikings games? Especially those games where it seems like every dam flag is getting thrown against the Vikes. My fiance has stated many times that I need to calm down during games.. I like throw pillows at the tv every now and then.. I admit it atleast, her family gets alot worse than me during Packer games but she seems to think they are not that bad..

So just wanted a little feed back! and Girls, I know you get rowdy. I have seen you ladies at the Dome, and I have told my fiance. If you were to act like that, I would take you home right now.. lol.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: How Are You During Vikes Games?

If I told you, this thread would need to be moved to the "Two Beer Minimum" forum.

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    If I told you, this thread would need to be moved to "Two Drinks Minimum"

LOL, I guess that I am not that bad then.. I have told her, that is just being a die hard fan. I love the Vikings almost as much as her. She always looks at me like what the hell! I say to her, well honey if I didn't see you from january till sept I would miss the hell out of you too..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I have been know to throw objects at the TV...usually a hat. It got so bad tow years ago that teh twins (Who are now 6) would fight over who got to hold my hat...so THEY could throw it at the TV when I got upset (So I got them their OWN hats). There tends to be a lot of whooping and hollering when we score or do well, and a lot of yelling when we screw something up...as well as the aforementioned throwing.

My wife - a Packer fan - tends to make herself scarce during the games now. As long as we're in it, I am completely focused on the game, and get rather annoyed at being bothered with silly things - like puttin out the fire she started in the kitchen, or taking the kids to the Emergency room after they inadvertantly severed their left arm (Neither of which has happened by the way).

My wife also claims I am obsessed with the Vikings. I told her that the only way to tell for sure would be for her to approach me while she's naked and see if I told her to go away. She has yet to take me up on that challange.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:
    I have been know to throw objects at the TV...usually a hat. It got so bad tow years ago that teh twins (Who are now 6) would fight over who got to hold my hat...so THEY could throw it at the TV when I got upset (So I got them their OWN hats). There tends to be a lot of whooping and hollering when we score or do well, and a lot of yelling when we screw something up...as well as the aforementioned throwing.

My wife - a Packer fan - tends to make herself scarce during the games now. As long as we're in it, I am completely focused on the game, and get rather annoyed at being bothered with silly things - like puttin out the fire she started in the kitchen, or taking the kids to the Emergency room after they inadvertantly severed their left arm (Neither of which has happened by the way).

My wife also claims I am obsessed with the Vikings. I told her that the only way to tell for sure would be for her to approach me while she's naked and see if I told her to go away. She has yet to take me up on that challange.

Caine

AH I see that you are from Wisconsin. I am too, and yes I know what you mean by being a Viking fan and the other being a Packer fan. I do an extreme amount of hootin and hollerin when the Vikes score. You should have seen me during both of the Vikings wins against the Packers. I wouldn't say I am obsessed with the Vikes, but it is borderline. I have thrown hats, pillows, pretty much anything soft that won't break the tv. I especially hate when after every play, the refs are throwing a flag against the Vikes. I have said many of times, I wish one of the players would clip those pricks. I hate them..

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

We have to close all the windows before the games start, I am very vocal during the games. I can tone it down when I have people over or go to somebody else's house, but if I am at home with my wife I am yelling all the time. She does not mind because she is a big Viking fan!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I get nuts. Back in my single days there was usually a lot of swearing at the refs and cheering for the Vikes. Back in '98 I threw my wife (at the time my gf) into the shower because she was cheering for GB during Moss's first Green Bay game.

Since my kids came along I have toned it down quite a bit. But everytime the Vikes score we still sing the Vikings fight song (My daughter is 3 1/2 and she knows Skol Vikings by heart. My son is 2 and still working on it.).

When I am at the dome I cheer my ass off for the Vikes and I boo the other team when appropriate, like when the starting lineup is announced. I don't boo when the other team makes a good play, and I never boo any player on the Vikings (and I take issue with those who do).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Man I am glad I started this thread. I will show this to my fiance, because according to her, I am the only one in the world that acts like this.. It is good to know that I am normal... lol..

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Hahah well before I started going to the games, and would watch them at home, I could get a little crazy. If I'm at my house usually my family won't even watch with me, they'll all be watching it downstairs while I'm upstairs yelling and screaming at the tv. I also sometimes tend to throw things most of the time pillows, but one time I was getting so worked up that I just grabbed the closest thing to me and threw it. Well it just happened to be the remote control and it ended up breaking on the floor. My family was just looking at me like I was crazy! I cannot sit still during a Vikings game, if I'm sitting on the couch and they get a touchdown I jump up on the couch and of course again my mom will yell at me. That's if I'm at home, when I'm with other people at Webby's, I'm still vocal but not as crazy. Although I almost ripped a foam finger in half that he had given me. And at the games I'm just as loud! Some people think I'm obsessed, but I don't really care I love the Vikes!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

My boyfriend is a little embarassed to be with me in public during Vikings games. Unless we are at the Vikings bar where everyone is fanatical. He is always telling me to calm down lol

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast