Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I was born in Minnesota thus destined to be a Vikings fan & Twins fan. I'm not a believer in being born in one state & cheering for a football team in another state, unless the state you were born in has no team or your parent(s) were avid fans of that team & that's who you ended up watching.
    So I guess I can't be a Viking fan then.
    :
    Me either....dang...30,000+ posts down the drain!
    >

    I knew that Singer would figure out a "Belichick-type" way to pass me in posts!
    I guess Vikings fans born in Minnesota but now live in Wisconsin are superior over us.
    :P ;D

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I was born in Minnesota thus destined to be a Vikings fan & Twins fan. I'm not a believer in being born in one state & cheering for a football team in another state, unless the state you were born in has no team or your parent(s) were avid fans of that team & that's who you ended up watching.
    So I guess I can't be a Viking fan then.
    :
    Me either....dang...30,000+ posts down the drain!
    >

    I knew that Singer would figure out a "Belichick-type" way to pass me in posts!
    I guess Vikings fans born in Minnesota but know live in Wisconsin are superior over us.
    :P ;D
    What about Vikings fans born in Buffalo, NY?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I was born in Minnesota thus destined to be a Vikings fan & Twins fan. I'm not a believer in being born in one state & cheering for a football team in another state, unless the state you were born in has no team or your parent(s) were avid fans of that team & that's who you ended up watching.
    So I guess I can't be a Viking fan then.
    :
    Me either....dang...30,000+ posts down the drain!
    >

    I knew that Singer would figure out a "Belichick-type" way to pass me in posts!
    I guess Vikings fans born in Minnesota but know live in Wisconsin are superior over us.
    :P ;D
    What about Vikings fans born in Buffalo, NY?
    You are assed out just like the rest of us non-minnesota born fans!

  4. #24
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    Looks like this thread is ripe for the 'true fan' debate.
    That usually happens during the offseason, after the SB.
    I guess now is as good a time as any to discuss mindless drivel.

    I am going on record as being a fake fan for the offseason again.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Looks like this thread is ripe for the 'true fan' debate.
    That usually happens during the offseason, after the SB.
    I guess now is as good a time as any to discuss mindless drivel.

    I am going on record as being a fake fan for the offseason again.
    One of my first lessons learned on here was to never use the term "T### F##" on here.
    Damn I got a lecture from someon on that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I was born in Minnesota thus destined to be a Vikings fan & Twins fan. I'm not a believer in being born in one state & cheering for a football team in another state, unless the state you were born in has no team or your parent(s) were avid fans of that team & that's who you ended up watching.
    So I guess I can't be a Viking fan then.
    :
    Me either....dang...30,000+ posts down the drain!
    >

    I knew that Singer would figure out a "Belichick-type" way to pass me in posts!
    I guess Vikings fans born in Minnesota but know live in Wisconsin are superior over us.
    :P ;D
    What about Vikings fans born in Buffalo, NY?
    Then you deserve to be cursing Scott Norwood for the rest of your life.

  7. #27
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    I won't claim to be born to it... starting to follow them from the age of 21 and 4,000 miles away kinda blows that idea away.... LOL
    I'll just say that I was in the right place at the right time and have never looked back.
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Looks like this thread is ripe for the 'true fan' debate.
    That usually happens during the offseason, after the SB.
    I guess now is as good a time as any to discuss mindless drivel.

    I am going on record as being a fake fan for the offseason again.
    Fake Friend, Fake Fan.
    You truly are an FF-master.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    Lived in LA area as a Kid....Hated the Rams (Stupid Helmet and mascot design) not to mention the colors. Vikings came to town (love purple) liked the Horny Helmet idea and decided that was my TEAM.

    Been a fan ever since.

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I was born in Minnesota thus destined to be a Vikings fan & Twins fan. I'm not a believer in being born in one state & cheering for a football team in another state, unless the state you were born in has no team or your parent(s) were avid fans of that team & that's who you ended up watching.
    So I guess I can't be a Viking fan then.
    :
    That's my belief. The only other exception I have is a Vikings fan that was born in Wisconsin. I mean c'mon, nobody should be forced to support the Packers just because they were born there.
    That's not much of a choice. :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Purple vs Green & Gold
    By Greenguy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
  2. How long have you been following the purple and gold????
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
  3. Cutler In Purple and Gold?
    By ViKing24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 04:25 AM
  4. Purple and Gold
    By bigdaddy72_1 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 01:37 AM
  5. purple or gold?
    By mr.woo in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •