Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

I searched a bit and didn't see a thread of this nature.. so here it goes.. How did you become a fan of the Vikes and what was some of your early memories of your fanhood?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..

"pack93z" wrote:
    I searched a bit and didn't see a thread of this nature.. so here it goes.. How did you become a fan of the Vikes and what was some of your early memories of your fanhood?

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=30482.0

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Guess I should have scrolled through the pages instead of using the search huh. Thanks.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

1995, Cris Carter was the bomb.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Guess I should have scrolled through the pages instead of using the search huh. Thanks.
    It's okay - you're at an automatic disadvantage due to your inherent Packerness.
    It blocks the brain from working normally.

Eat more cheese.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It was instilled in me as a young lad from my dad and it's stayed that way ever since.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

For me, becoming a Viking fan started about 1969, I watched my dad, and my uncles, or granparents all gathering and watching the games or even freezin' their tails off at the Met. Sadly I never went to a game with them, I guess I was to young, still it was a rare treat to have game tickets. What a season we were having, Joe Kapp was the man, Bill "Boom-Boom" Brown, Dave Osborne, Tinglehof, Grady, Ron Yary then the defense with the three dots, and a dash (Marshall, Larsen, Page, and Eller), with Paul K. patrolling center field we went to our first Superbowl.

As a kid my dad always was throwing some kinda ball at me, and instilled a love of sports, and the outdoors. I love football and I have a passion for Viking Football, it is more than just a game for me. My veins are filled with Purple, and my heart is of Gold.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:

For me, becoming a Viking fan started about 1969, I watched my dad, and my uncles, or granparents all gathering and watching the games or even freezin' their tails off at the Met. Sadly I never went to a game with them, I guess I was to young, still it was a rare treat to have game tickets. What a season we were having, Joe Kapp was the man, Bill "Boom-Boom" Brown, Dave Osborne, Tinglehof, Grady, Ron Yary then the defense with the three dots, and a dash (Marshall, Larsen, Page, and Eller), with Paul K. patrolling center field we went to our first Superbowl.

As a kid I my dad always was throwing some kinda ball at me, and instilled a love of sports, and the outdoors. I love football and I have a passion for Viking Football, it is more than just a game for me. My veins are filled with Purple, and my heart is of Gold.
    If I were in your position, I would have contacted child services immediately

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

My dad is a Vikings fan and he had me trained from a young age. My best memories were prolly just sitting around and watching the game with him, all the while yelling at the screen like a pair of maniacs, hehe. I always loved watching Cris Carter play.

Even after he was no longer a part of my life it just stuck and I remained a hardcore Vikings fan.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Born and Breed with Vikings colors encrypted on my DNA, started with me GrandParents and worked down to me. I am Fortunate.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast