Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    MuchLuv,

    I am not arguing with you just adding to your point, tweaking it a bit. We haven't had the personel this year to do the same running. Mo has been the puncher at the goal. We did try to run at the goal earlier(1st 2 games) and weren't successful.

    As far as the rest of the field, I agree, we have been pass first.

    I am a little scared the O-line isn't as powerful as the last few years, that was even b4 the injuries happened.

  2. #12
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,321

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    If you guys haven't noticed, tice has changed the way we attack teams with our offense. Look at our first 3 games and how pass oriented we are. We aren't the run first team we were, when bennett went to the pro bowl. A good example of this, is all the 2 or 3 yard TD passes daunte has this year. In years past, tice would have tried to power the ball in to the endzone. He now realizes that our pass offense is unstoppable. Now, I don't agree with all the passes close to the goaline, but it is smart to give moss at least one chance on a fade when close, if we can't run it in.

    Look for another big game passing from daunte(320 & 3 TD's), about 60 or so yards from bennett, and 40 or so from onterrio. I am more looking forward to seeing what changes we have made in our D attack. Hopefully cottrell realizes that there needs to be some changes in the way his D is playing. I am still waiting for the attacking, pressure style of D, he said he was gonna bring to us.
    I don't expect much attack from the D in the Houston game unless Henderson and Claiborne somehow make it back. Once they're healthy again then maybe. I'm also worried about our run defense if they are out. Look at how much we gave up to Thomas Jones and if Domanick Davis is recovered next week I have a feeling he will run all over us.

    We do need to force some turnovers though. Remember all the picks we had last year? So far just us and the Rams are the only teams without a pick this year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

  3. #13
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,321

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    MuchLuv,

    I am not arguing with you just adding to your point, tweaking it a bit. We haven't had the personel this year to do the same running. Mo has been the puncher at the goal. We did try to run at the goal earlier(1st 2 games) and weren't successful.

    As far as the rest of the field, I agree, we have been pass first.

    I am a little scared the O-line isn't as powerful as the last few years, that was even b4 the injuries happened.
    Well Birk plans to be back for the Houston game even though the Vikings say he's still doubtful. There was a funny article about him on VU, he said he plans to lay around the house this weekend and milk this injury with his wife. But I still think our o-line before the injuries was a strong one, to me the loss of Kleinsasser is what hurts the running game the most.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

  4. #14
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    MuchLuv,

    I am not arguing with you just adding to your point, tweaking it a bit. We haven't had the personel this year to do the same running. Mo has been the puncher at the goal. We did try to run at the goal earlier(1st 2 games) and weren't successful.

    As far as the rest of the field, I agree, we have been pass first.

    I am a little scared the O-line isn't as powerful as the last few years, that was even b4 the injuries happened.
    Well Birk plans to be back for the Houston game even though the Vikings say he's still doubtful. There was a funny article about him on VU, he said he plans to lay around the house this weekend and milk this injury with his wife. But I still think our o-line before the injuries was a strong one, to me the loss of Kleinsasser is what hurts the running game the most.
    Yeah, the line might have been alright but they just didn't look as dominant. Last year you could drive 2 mack trucks through the holes they opened. This year it looks like a motocycle would have a hard time fitting through. I am staying positive about it. I want to see them dominate like they did last year.

  5. #15
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    I hope he rushes for 200 yards and scores 3 TD's.

    (Yes, I have him on my fantasy team)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    I hope he rushes for 200 yards and scores 3 TD's.

    (Yes, I have him on my fantasy team)
    Me too LOS, I have been waiting for him to come back for 2 weeks now. I am hurting for back. I hope he does well. My only other good back is Griffin and he is looking like he might lose his job if he fumbles one more time. He looked so good the first week.

    200 yds and 3 tds would be great but realisticly I would be happy with 1 td and 120 yards from scrimage.

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    I think that Bennett's yardage depends on how many chances they give him to break one loose...by that I mean that if he only gets 10 carries then he probably won't break one...but if he gets 15 or more, he probably will on that 15th or 16th carry. Maybe by sharing the load, both backs will be fresher (and thereby more productive)...this could work in Bennett's favor in the fourth quarter.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    I hope he rushes for 200 yards and scores 3 TD's.

    (Yes, I have him on my fantasy team)
    Me too LOS, I have been waiting for him to come back for 2 weeks now. I am hurting for back. I hope he does well. My only other good back is Griffin and he is looking like he might lose his job if he fumbles one more time. He looked so good the first week.

    200 yds and 3 tds would be great but realisticly I would be happy with 1 td and 120 yards from scrimage.
    I'm trying desperately to trade Griffin so I can activate Bennett from the IR without having to cut one of my backs. Should've listened to my instincts and traded him after week 1, but noooooooo, I wussed out.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  9. #19
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    Our line isn't opening holes like it used to? Imagine that missing our starting right tackle, and the best blocking TE in the league. Oh yeah, and just our Pro Bowl center. Our #2 Running back was out, and our #3 is good, but still not our #1. No, our run game isn't what is should be. If Dorsey can take a crash course, and our rookie TE's can pick up some slack, we will still be able to run. Having Bennett back is wonderful, a threat like that in the backfield changes how defenses can....well, hmm, SHOULD play us. Bennett back will improve both the pass and the run. Because they HAVE to account for him, almost like he was Randy, and they have only so many people for that.

  10. #20
    UkViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    138

    How will Bennett do in his first game?

    If Bennett gets 1 TD and 140 yards ,i,d be happy. 8)
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 08:20 PM
  2. Bennett out for the Houston game!
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 01:34 AM
  3. Bennett?
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:03 AM
  4. Bennett
    By pishko99 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
  5. Bennett!
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •