Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

How will Bennett do in his first game?

I -personally- have never seen Bennett play amazingly, but that's because I missed most of his Pro Bowl season. So what are you expecting out of him for his first game?

I'm expecting 10-15 carries, but about 120 or so yards, about 60 of those collected on a big (TD?) run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think his number will closely mimick Smith's. But he will cap off the long runs with a TD. Smith was stopped on teh 3 yd line on 2 occassions.

I hope they give him the ball for 15 carries. I would like to see him get 100 yds. But I think it will be about 80 rush yds and 60 rcv yds.

He got limited work in the preseason and was doing great. I think he will jump right in and do well. It will depend on how our blocking sceme is executed against the 3-4 D scheme.

Del Rio Guest

I'd say your assesment is probably right on the money. In 2002 when he played 16 games he averaged 15 carries a game. So your carries are gonna be close.

As far as yards if he breaks a big one I think you are dead on there too. But the Texans have a solid LB core. If they somehow contain him or he is timid because of his prior injuries he would have less.

I wonder if they will let O.Smith carry as much as Bennett and if so that will effect his stats as well.

Would it be better to give Bennett the majority of the carries? Because he is going to be playing without O. Smith soon or should we seriously mix it up and not overwork him?

I think he will get about 10-15 carries, maybe more on the smaller side considering SOD is still available. I think Smith and Bennett just about share the work on the ground.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

That Sharing stuff hurts my FantasyFootball team.

My backs are Smith, Bennett and Griffin. Griffin is close to losing his job and Bennett and Smith will share. Bad news for me.

I think Bennett would have started last week if he was healthy so Bennett should come in and get most of the touches against Texans. He has had extra time to get fully healthy. He will be chopping at the bit.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

If Smith plays, they will split carries early on, then you will probably see hte more effective player (probably SMith) get more carries in the second half.

I don't expect much from Bennett, so I hope he surprises me. Coming off an injury and his first regular season game this year... I dunno.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Bennett will be fine! He may fumble once due to him not having contact in a while but after that he'll be fine

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Just because Smith is doing well many of you forget how good bennett is. They may share but Bennett will get the majority oif the carries, also I see us going up big early on houston, so Bennett will get extra carries there, or they may switch to smith since he's going out and they don't want to injure bennett, I don;t know, I would not start bennett in a fantasy league, but he has the possibility of a very big day.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I aint sayin sh*t about no leads or anything i said that crap against the bears i just dont see us blowing them out on the road, not the way our defense has been playing, or the way our offense stalls in the red zone, gotta get that fixed.

And yes big dog people have forgot just how good bennett is, its been awhile since we have seen him at full speed. Last year he never really got in a groove and had some nagging ankle problems. Once he starts braking off those 60 and 80 yard runs people will change there minds. Although if i had to pic a back i would take Onterrio. Lets just hope bennett stays healthy and changes my mind.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

If you guys haven't noticed, tice has changed the way we attack teams with our offense. Look at our first 3 games and how pass oriented we are. We aren't the run first team we were, when bennett went to the pro bowl. A good example of this, is all the 2 or 3 yard TD passes daunte has this year. In years past, tice would have tried to power the ball in to the endzone. He now realizes that our pass offense is unstoppable. Now, I don't agree with all the passes close to the goaline, but it is smart to give moss at least one chance on a fade when close, if we can't run it in.

Look for another big game passing from daunte(320 & 3 TD's), about 60 or so yards from bennett, and 40 or so from onterrio. I am more looking forward to seeing what changes we have made in our D attack. Hopefully cottrell realizes that there needs to be some changes in the way his D is playing. I am still waiting for the attacking, pressure style of D, he said he was gonna bring to us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast