Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    bjohnson70 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10

    How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.

  2. #2
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    "bjohnson70" wrote:
    With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.
    Ray Edwards wasn't suspended for steroids, he was suspended for a "banned substance" which can be any number of things.
    His story was he used a supplement not on the approved list.
    He apologized for it, said he should've checked with the various sources made available to him by the team and the NFL, accepted his suspension and moved on.
    Maybe it's time you did as well.

    As for the question, how well is Edwards going to do this year?
    The addition of Allen will improve the stats of the entire DLine in my opinion.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    His positive test was also in April of 2007.
    Not during the season.
    The suspension just took a long time to go through.
    So it definately didn't affect his performance during the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    bjohnson70 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    My point with this question was to find out what the people of the vikings world would speculate on the level of play this coming season, not to point out that Ray edwards used a "banned substance".
    My point being that it must have been giving him a performance edge in some way or the nfl would not have banned the substance he was using.
    I guess only time will tell.

  5. #5
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  6. #6
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.

    I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.
    Agreed.
    Together they should be a force.
    The only thing is now we'll have to see if it is Robison rotating in and out with Edwards, i'm not so sure it will be.
    Since Edwards got moved to the other side, it could very well be Edwards and Mitchell on one side, with Allen and Robison on the other.
    Robison could potentially lose playing time thanks to this trade, i'm not so sure that they'd move three people around... Mitchell to the right and both Edwards and Robison to the left..?
    We'll see.

    But i do think Edwards will be good this year

    Having the other teams worry about Allen on one side will only help his case


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.
    I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.
    TW, I love that little nugget.
    Were did you read that?


    To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

    My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

    Lets not try to make this out to be something that it isn't.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.
    I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.
    TW, I love that little nugget.
    Were did you read that?


    To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

    My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

    Lets not try to make this out to be something that it isn't.
    :
    Got to be careful how you word that too, what he took last season wasn't illegal, just not approved by the league.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #10
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

    I think he is gonna be a stud! ;D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. not gonna be on here much
    By mr.woo in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
  2. MOVED: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
  3. Who you gonna call?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
  4. what are we gonna get for DC
    By pennccil in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 07:51 PM
  5. Only gonna get better...
    By MiamiViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 03:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •