Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bjohnson70 is offline Waterboy

How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

"bjohnson70" wrote:
    With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.
    Ray Edwards wasn't suspended for steroids, he was suspended for a "banned substance" which can be any number of things.
    His story was he used a supplement not on the approved list.
    He apologized for it, said he should've checked with the various sources made available to him by the team and the NFL, accepted his suspension and moved on.
    Maybe it's time you did as well.

As for the question, how well is Edwards going to do this year?
    The addition of Allen will improve the stats of the entire DLine in my opinion.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

His positive test was also in April of 2007.
    Not during the season.
    The suspension just took a long time to go through.
    So it definately didn't affect his performance during the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

bjohnson70 is offline Waterboy

My point with this question was to find out what the people of the vikings world would speculate on the level of play this coming season, not to point out that Ray edwards used a "banned substance".
    My point being that it must have been giving him a performance edge in some way or the nfl would not have banned the substance he was using.
    I guess only time will tell.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.

I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.
    Agreed.
    Together they should be a force.
    The only thing is now we'll have to see if it is Robison rotating in and out with Edwards, i'm not so sure it will be.
    Since Edwards got moved to the other side, it could very well be Edwards and Mitchell on one side, with Allen and Robison on the other.
    Robison could potentially lose playing time thanks to this trade, i'm not so sure that they'd move three people around... Mitchell to the right and both Edwards and Robison to the left..?
    We'll see.

But i do think Edwards will be good this year

Having the other teams worry about Allen on one side will only help his case

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.
    I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.
    TW, I love that little nugget.
    Were did you read that?

To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

Lets not try to make this out to be something that it isn't.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    TW, I love that little nugget.
    Were did you read that?

To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

Lets not try to make this out to be something that it isn't.
    :
    Got to be careful how you word that too, what he took last season wasn't illegal, just not approved by the league.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

I think he is gonna be a stud! ;D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast