Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

This is how we stack up against the STEELERS

STEELERS----------------------------VIKINGS
    314.3 ypg (20th) --Offense--- 290.0 ypg (25th)
    185.6 ypg (24th) --Passing--- 196.0 ypg (21st)
    128.7 ypg (9th) ---Rushing--- 94.0 ypg (23rd)
    297.3 ypg (8th) ---Defense--- 329.2 ypg (26th)

Man they suck on offense. They aint scoring more than 10 on the Vikes.

Re: This is how we stack up against the STEELERS

Our numbers are so ugly from that 2-5 start. I wonder what we're ranked just for the second half of the season. There's no way we give up that many yds per game now. Samkon "El Savior" Gado got 22 yds.

BigBen is offline Training Camp

"michaelmazid" wrote:

As its been said many times, looking at full year averages for both teams doesn't show the real picture. From your perspective, it doesn't show how your team has been playing over the last 6 games and from our perspective (on offense), those stats are including a lot of games when Ben was not playing.

Stats are like a bikini...what they show is nice but its what they don't show that really counts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prophet Guest

"BigBen" wrote:
    Stats are like a bikini...what they show is nice but its what they don't show that really counts :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Good one.

If they can stop the Steelers ground attack and force Ben to throw it could be rough going. But I think that works both ways. I don't think either team wants this to become an all passing game.

Pittsburgh doesn't want it because we'd rather pound the ball and control the clock, and also protect an ailing Big Ben. I'm sure Cowher and company are concerned about the number of takeaways the Vikings have this year.

Minnesota coaches have to be concerned with the pressure that the Steelers apply on the QB so they will probably look to establish the run early to slow down that pass rush.

Both teams should be looking to run the ball enough to utilize the play action pass, especially Pittsburgh. Bens best plays are of the play fake, and that's a moot point if you can't run the ball.

Whoever gets better production from the ground game will probably take this one.

GO STEELERS!

BigBen is offline Training Camp

"TIMEsteelersfan" wrote:
    If they can stop the Steelers ground attack and force Ben to throw it could be rough going. But I think that works both ways. I don't think either team wants this to become an all passing game.
    Just to add one thing...one of Ben's strengths is finding the open receiver when he rolls out or scrambles. It's tough for teams to do, but the vikings secodnary will need to stay with the receivers until the whistle blows and not try to move up and stop ben from running because he will kill you if you do. He is pretty banged up so he might not want to run to much but so many times this year when he moves around in the backfield or rolls out, the other team will come up and try to stop him from running and he hits a guy wide open who might have been covered for the first 4 or 5 seconds of the play. The steelers will force you to play a disciplined defense, if you don't they will make you look bad.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I saw on one of the clips from kstp that in the 6 game stream no rusher had rushed for more than 100 yrds and we have held teams to i think it was 86 yards per game rushing, and that was 2nd in the NFL last 6 weeks..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"BigBen" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

As its been said many times, looking at full year averages for both teams doesn't show the real picture. From your perspective, it doesn't show how your team has been playing over the last 6 games and from our perspective (on offense), those stats are including a lot of games when Ben was not playing.

Nice Ben .... really nice. Can I use that Quote?? :lol:

He is correct on the stats .... The NFL is about streaks and how you are playing currently and neither of the "overall" stats is a good arguement at this point in the season of how these teams are performing.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"skum" wrote:
    I saw on one of the clips from kstp that in the 6 game stream no rusher had rushed for more than 100 yrds and we have held teams to i think it was 86 yards per game rushing, and that was 2nd in the NFL last 6 weeks..
    and we have been number 1 in the NFL in interceptions in the last 6 weeks also which make us the number 1 or number 2 best defense in the league. :shock:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Minnesota coaches have to be concerned with the pressure that the Steelers apply on the QB so they will probably look to establish the run early to slow down that pass rush."-TIMEsteelersfan

pitt coaches need to be concerned becuase Pat williams and Kevin Williams is alot better punch then what ever no name you have up front.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast