Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I believe in heated rivalries, but also believe in good sportsmanship
    So let's recap;

    Minnesota, good sportsmanship. Wisconsin, bad sportsmanship.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    Let me start with a little history - I was born and raised in MN.

    My mother, just about as big a Viking fan as me, taught the ways of Pruple Pride from a very early age.

    My first jersey (that I still have) is only big enough to fit a baby. .
    and will be the first jersey that my son/daughter will wear.

    I moved to North Carolina about 6 years ago and shortly after met my (now) fiance.

    The first time I met her parents I walked in the door of their house for a BBQ, and I just happened to have a vikings shirt on.

    My soon-to-be father in law was wearing a Packers shirt.

    From that day on we are not allowed to speak to each other the week prior and the week after the Vikings/Packers games.

    The rivalry runs real deep. . . . . . . . .
    even 1500 miles away from "home base" for either of us.

    Great read. . .

    I've sent it to my fiances dad. . .
    let's see what he thinks. . .
    hehehehehe
    That my friend has all the makings for some lasting family memories.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "singersp" wrote:
    Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:45 pm by Huddle Network

    [size=13pt]How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry[/size]

    -- Sean Carabini, Minnesota Vikings

    Wisconsin. America's dairy land. Rolling, lush, green fields, teeming with fattened, lactating cattle wearing straw hats and ribbons. Wild, untamed North woods full of ambling bears and Wiley coyotes. Un fettered rivers cutting their way through rock and soil, carving mighty dells and bluffs, bringing life to quiet pastures....
    ONE, why is this article on a SEAHAWKS site...

    and TWO, what was Singer doing on that site?

    You turning into a closet Seachickens fan, Singer?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #14
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I believe in heated rivalries, but also believe in good sportsmanship
    So let's recap;

    Minnesota, good sportsmanship. Wisconsin, bad sportsmanship.
    I hate it when they get so many Packer's fans in the dome for the game.
    They pay big money for their tickets, but I wish the purple faithful would not sell their tickets to cheeseheads.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    Living in Winona, I have frequent encounters with cheese heads.
    I have a semi-solution to the packer fans talk of the Rings... Most of them are re-emerging Brewers fans... How many World Series have the brewers won?
    When was their last winning season?... this usually shuts them up in a hurry.
    It just goes to show that most Minnesota fans don’t sound like a broken record, or don’t beat a dead horse for that matter.

  6. #16
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "JSRasmus2698" wrote:
    Living in Winona, I have frequent encounters with cheese heads.
    I have a semi-solution to the packer fans talk of the Rings... Most of them are re-emerging Brewers fans... How many World Series have the brewers won?
    When was their last winning season?... this usually shuts them up in a hurry.

    It just goes to show that most Minnesota fans don’t sound like a broken record, or don’t beat a dead horse for that matter.
    If your a Twins fan I'd hold off on this theory for awhile, seeing as how the Brewers just beat us up over the weekend.

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:45 pm by Huddle Network

    [size=13pt]How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry[/size]

    -- Sean Carabini, Minnesota Vikings

    Wisconsin. America's dairy land. Rolling, lush, green fields, teeming with fattened, lactating cattle wearing straw hats and ribbons. Wild, untamed North woods full of ambling bears and Wiley coyotes. Un fettered rivers cutting their way through rock and soil, carving mighty dells and bluffs, bringing life to quiet pastures....
    ONE, why is this article on a SEAHAWKS site...

    and TWO, what was Singer doing on that site?

    You turning into a closet Seachickens fan, Singer?
    LOL
    Where have you been? The writer is a member of PP.O.

    I find Vikings articles no matter where they happen to be. I'm just that good.



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    I enjoy that guy's writing quite a bit.
    Besides, the Seahawks are my second favorite team.
    I was stationed up in Ft. Lewis and got to watch some games...they're pretty good guys, and they usually have exciting games.

    I'm a little different than most of you guys here, though.
    I don't like the Packers, but I HAAAAAATE the Bears.
    I hate them.
    I hope they all get the clap.

    Don't mind the Lions one bit.
    No reason to hate on them, and in truth, I feel sorry for the franchise.
    I used to feel bad for the Bengals and cheer them on after the Boomer years, but all the arrests have kinda taken that away from me.

  9. #19
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: How to be a Vikings' Fan 101: Rivalry

    "Ranger" wrote:
    I enjoy that guy's writing quite a bit.
    Besides, the Seahawks are my second favorite team.
    I was stationed up in Ft. Lewis and got to watch some games...they're pretty good guys, and they usually have exciting games.

    I'm a little different than most of you guys here, though.
    I don't like the Packers, but I HAAAAAATE the Bears.
    I hate them.
    I hope they all get the clap.

    Don't mind the Lions one bit.
    No reason to hate on them, and in truth, I feel sorry for the franchise.

    I used to feel bad for the Bengals and cheer them on after the Boomer years, but all the arrests have kinda taken that away from me.
    The clap? Wow, that is seriously sick (I wish the same thing for the team and most of their fans) Yeah why hate on the lions its been what 8 years since they last got a V on us?
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings-Packers rivalry
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. Why is the Vikings - Packers rivalry so strong?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 11:02 AM
  3. Quick fact about vikings packers rivalry
    By moss84l in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
  4. MOVED: Quick fact about vikings packers rivalry
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
  5. Vikings, Bears rivalry
    By RK. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 07:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •