Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

how vikings can fix defense

Tha vikings should use that first round pick on Justin Gilbert and try and sign free agents like Brent Grimes, Alterraun Verner, Taylor Mays, Brian Orakpo, Karlos Dansby,Sam Shields and Michael Johnson just sum key free agents that would boost our defense.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Sign Jairus Byrd. Get a good corner to start. Draft a future Stud LB.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Jarius Byrd would be a pretty sick signing. It'd allow Smith to move into more of a SS/nickel type role (he can still play safety, but we can take advantage of his versatiliy.

I think the LB position is our biggest problem (again) heading into this year. That's why I think if we don't have Bridgewater/Manziel fall to us the smart move is to take Mosley. It would allow us to cut the Chad, sign a FA that would be more worth an $8M paycheck, improve our pass coverage ability in the LB core and get younger all at once.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Sign Jairus Byrd. Get a good corner to start. Draft a future Stud LB.
    Great idea, we would have one of the scariest S tandem in the game. Then sign Alterraun Verner, a young shut down corner from the Titians. The Sea Chickens proved that a great back end can get you far. I would love our back end to look like this; CB Verner, S Bird, S Smith, CB Rhodes. You can then draft Barr out of UCLA and have our pass rusher for our D also or trade down and get Nix, a run stuffing NT.

Another option would be to draft Gilbert at CB then it would be Gilbert, Bird, Smith and Rhodes. And in the FA market go after Pickett or Raji for the NT pos.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Getting rid of Alan Williams and Joe Woods should help tremendously.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Getting rid of Alan Williams and Joe Woods should help tremendously.
    To start with!!

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Then add in some 3-4 with Floyd, Guion, and Evans down, and Robison and Griffin at end linebacker. And yes this team needs a stud linebacker that can make some splash plays. Athletic, a big hitter and can cover some ground.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

how vikings can fix defense

Tha vikings could also try and sign Brian Orakpo, LB he would be a nice pick

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    To start with!!
    Both are officially gone according to the article on twin cities website. Alan Williams will be the new DB's coach with the Lions, and Woods has been dismissed and Gray will take over his spot. Good times.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Both are officially gone according to the article on twin cities website. Alan Williams will be the new DB's coach with the Lions, and Woods has been dismissed and Gray will take over his spot. Good times.
    Good times indeed..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast