Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

How Vikings become dominant in 2010.

Coaches that need to be canned:

Brian Murphy, special teams coordinator
    I am sick of the special teams giving up big gains at inopportune times. Screw Ferarro and now, screw Brian Murphy. Bring in Steve Crosby, the best in the business. Open up the checkbook, yet again, Zygi.

Pat Morris, offensive line and his assistant, Jim Hueber, time to walk the plank. I am also sick of an underachieving offensive line. They look great at times and mediocre at other times. A solid coach can shore things up. Fork out the coin for the best o-line coach, ever, Mike Munchak. He is known for bringing in Ďno-namesí and teaching them to perform at high levels.

Eric Bieniemy, running backs coach. I am also sick of the Adrian Peterson crotch sniffers. A good RB can run the ball, block, and catch out of the backfield. Up until this year Peterson could only do one of those things effectively, and , even not that so well if you factor in fumbles. If Adrian Peterson is going to be a solid asset on the team his last gasp will be at having a sound RB coach. Hire Ollie Wilson who is known for teaching people how to handle the ball and run the ball with attitude.

Players that need to turn in their colors:

Bryant McKinnie. Seriously, what an asshat. A holdover from the Meathead era that is known for the loveboat, a pole-pounding episode, and now disgracing the Vikings by getting kicked off the pro bowl team (not that he ever deserved to be on it). He had some street value and it just decreased again this past weekend, thanks McKinnie, you fat, lazy SOB. Fuck you McKinnie, you are a pussy. Who will replace him? See Mike Munchak, above. Even though McKinnie is a waste of flesh, he still has some street value, anything would be worth it as long as he no longer wears my teamís colors.

Naufahu Tahi. I cannot buy into him being a serviceable FB. Whiffer. FBs are relatively inexpensive and he is replaceable.

Adrian Peterson Adrian Peterson has street value. Package him up and go after a QB that has franchise possibilities. My belief is that if you have a good offensive line and QB then the WRs and RBs are a dime-a-dozen and stars will be made.

Get rid of those four coaches and those three players with accompanying transactions and the team is ready to roll in 2010.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re:How Vikings become dominant in 2010.

@McKinnie: Maybe he got kicked out of the Pro Bowl on purpose so we WOULDN'T trade him? He might be pretty smart... :silly:

@Tahi: Get rid of him, no more 12 men.

@Peterson: He's at least gonna get another year, if not, can him. This is a lot coming from me considering Peterson is my favorite player... Starting to doubt him recently...

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

And hire a guy who can remind Childress of the clock ticking away.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

KevinK is offline Starter

We are not gonna give up Peterson. He is still the best RB in the NFC. Not saying he doesnt need major improvements. But lets get real.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

LOL Can Peterson? g3t the fack outta here. He has the tiki barber syndrome. We will fix it and he and tjack will rip it up in 2010

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Interesting post, Prophet!

The special teams played much better this season than last season, but then again, it couldn't get any worse. Last season's special teams play was embarrassing, but it looked good this season.

Question is: What caused the special teams to improve this much? Was it the new special teams coordinator? Was it the maturing of young players like Frampton and Abdullah? Or perhaps the return of special teams leader, and recently Pro Bowler, Heath Farwell?

As for the offensive line, I'm impressed by the pass blocking (except from a few games) and very disappointed by the run blocking. The line seemed to get a much better push two seasons ago. Something is wrong and it needs to be fixed!

I honestly think that Adrian Peterson could also rush for 2000 yards with Titans running back Chris Johnson's linemen. I even think that A.D. could have rushed for 2000 yards in his rookie season if he started right away and got as many snaps as Johnson.

SharperImage wrote:
    LOL Can Peterson? g3t the fack outta here. He has the tiki barber syndrome. We will fix it and he and tjack will rip it up in 2010
    From what I'm getting, he doesn't want to can Peterson, he wants to trade him for a franchise QB. Maybe throw in a pick or two.

I can only agree with Prophet here. This league is about passing offense and defense.

A good RB is a great asset, but usually won't carry your franchise to greatness. A great defense and passing attack will.

If I where a Vikings fan and I saw that Peterson, a 2nd and a 3rd where traded for Schaub, I'd be thrilled. Especially since you have a very solid alternative on your bench and you can get a very decent back with the 30th pick this year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Rockmolder wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:
    From what I'm getting, he doesn't want to can Peterson, he wants to trade him for a franchise QB. Maybe throw in a pick or two.

I can only agree with Prophet here. This league is about passing offense and defense.

A good RB is a great asset, but usually won't carry your franchise to greatness. A great defense and passing attack will.

If I where a Vikings fan and I saw that Peterson, a 2nd and a 3rd where traded for Schaub, I'd be thrilled. Especially since you have a very solid alternative on your bench and you can get a very decent back with the 30th pick this year.
    Did you seriously say that we should trade away ADRIAN PETERSON plus a few picks for a guy like Matt Schaub???
    Adrian Peterson is still the best running back in the National Football League and i dont care what you have to say about it.

i agree that the vikings need a franchise quarterback, but Adrian Peterson is the best player on the team.
    Getting rid of him is not the solution. he wasnt the reason the vikings lost the NFC championship, i would say that percy's fumble and Brett's interception put the game in more jeopardy than adrian.

just because he had one "bad" year, 1,383 yards, 4.4 average, 18 rushing touchdowns. you guys are ready to drop him like a carton of rotten eggs.

this is just the alcohol talking cuz your still drunk from the NFC championship loss.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

mad-dog_six-eight wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:

Did you seriously say that we should trade away ADRIAN PETERSON plus a few picks for a guy like Matt Schaub???
    Adrian Peterson is still the best running back in the National Football League and i dont care what you have to say about it.

i agree that the vikings need a franchise quarterback, but Adrian Peterson is the best player on the team.
    Getting rid of him is not the solution. he wasnt the reason the vikings lost the NFC championship, i would say that percy's fumble and Brett's interception put the game in more jeopardy than adrian.

just because he had one "bad" year, 1,383 yards, 4.4 average, 18 rushing touchdowns. you guys are ready to drop him like a carton of rotten eggs.

this is just the alcohol talking cuz your still drunk from the NFC championship loss.
    First, AD is not the best RB in the NFL. Sorry, but it is thr truth. One of the top five, sure. But he isn't the best, primarily because of his fumbling issues. If he can correct that, then he will once again be the best.

With that being said, if the powers that be decided to trade AD for a franchise QB and two day one picks - I would be fairly excited. Face it, we have a very good option in Chester Taylor, and Favre showed us this year that a decent QB can make this a pass first team.

I don't see it happening though. Not now, with the Vikings needing all the public support they can get during their stadium push.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I like what Prophet has to say here. Trading McKinnie is a good idea regardless of what they get. Hicks has filled in and does a decent job. I will tell you this. He is more consistent than McKinnie. Oh yeah, he can also block speed rushers better than McKinnie. He is not as good at run blocking however.

AP- I have said for a while now that trading AP would be a good move ONLY if they can sure up the QB position and another question. A QB like Schaub (who I wanted before he went to Houston) and two first day picks wouldn't be bad at all. I know CT can carry the load and when it comes down to it is more consistent than AP imo. He at least gets positive yards most of the time he touches the ball. If AP would stop dropping the ball I would never think of trading him but the fact he does and cannot seem to correct it is a problem. I do agree with NP that it will never happen especially if they are pushing for a new stadium.

I don't know if I agree with firing the ST coach. I think they did pretty good for the most part this year although they do need to tighten up in crucial times.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast