Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re:How underrated is Kevin Williams?

Kdub is the man! Like someone else said, he doesn't have to show up in the stat sheet to have a good game. He opens stuff up for everyone else along with all the stat raising plays. We got him for a great discount considering what the injury prone Haynesworth signed for. Hopefully Kdub stays a viking for life!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I suppose it depends, if you're an ignorant moron he is underrated.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Considering that most people regard him as the best DT in the league, he was voted on the all-decade team, I'd say he's not underrated at all.
    Where is this all-decade team located??

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

midgensa wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    I think K-Will is well on his way to the HoF even without rings if he keeps it up....
    Hold on there, dude. Hey, I love KWill as much as anyone, but he's got a long way to go before you can call his career HoF-worthy.

=Z=
    I think saying that he is "well on his way" to a Hall of Fame career is more than fair.

At the end of this season he is going to be a 5x Pro Bowler and more importantly a 5x ALL PRO. Five times being All Pro is nothing to scoff at.

There is no reason to think that he is not going to end up with somewhere between 8-9 Pro Bowls and 7-8 All Pro seasons. If that ends up the case, he will be VERY Hall worthy.

He plays at a position where longevity is good in the NFL and is only 29. He could EASILY have 6 more very productive years.

Most people around these parts discuss that Randle (7x Pro Bowl, 6x All Pro) and Marshall (only a 2x Pro Bowler) should both be in the Hall of Fame.

How can you say that KWill is "well on his way" is a stretch? It would be a stretch to say he IS a hall of famer, but definitely not a stretch to say he is well on his way.
    +1,
    A fourth straight year achoring the number 1 rush D in the NFL would only add to his resume.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not sure I would say he is "Underrated". Couple of years ago I was pondering how he was possibly a bit "Overrated" though.......

A few on here might remember when I was comparing his numbers (Tackles, not the ever popular Sack) to those of Phat Pat....
    KW Phat Pat
    2003 51 Not a Vike
    2004 70 Not a Vike
    2005 42 66
    2006 36 44
    2007 38 62
    2008 60 44
    2009 28 43
    NFL Stats

Last year was the first year K-Will beat him out in tackles. Of course everyone said that can/was/could be attributed to double teams that K-Will was facing as apposed to the number of double teams that Phat Pat was facing.

Others said it was cause he had the likes of Keneche, Erasmus, Ray etc out there at RDE.

That one makes more sense to me as we did see his numbers spike back up but not quite to the level we saw in 2004.

Then again, if one were to take a hard look at the numbers, I would see that Phat Pat is still outproducing him even though Pat is getting less and less reps.

Interesting topic for discussion though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Not sure I would say he is "Underrated". Couple of years ago I was pondering how he was possibly a bit "Overrated" though.......

A few on here might remember when I was comparing his numbers (Tackles, not the ever popular Sack) to those of Phat Pat....
    KW Phat Pat
    2003 51 Not a Vike
    2004 70 Not a Vike
    2005 42 66
    2006 36 44
    2007 38 62
    2008 60 44
    2009 28 43
    NFL Stats

Last year was the first year K-Will beat him out in tackles. Of course everyone said that can/was/could be attributed to double teams that K-Will was facing as apposed to the number of double teams that Phat Pat was facing.

Others said it was cause he had the likes of Keneche, Erasmus, Ray etc out there at RDE.

That one makes more sense to me as we did see his numbers spike back up but not quite to the level we saw in 2004.

Then again, if one were to take a hard look at the numbers, I would see that Phat Pat is still outproducing him even though Pat is getting less and less reps.

Regarding Pat,
    "The second half of the season, he has really taken off and really played like the Pat of old," Frazier said.

I agree with that. Pat seemes to just now be playing like he did last year, despite the numbers.

Kevin has had a quieter year but can still bring it against the run. Teams don't run up the middle on us much anymore. So perhaps that is part of the reason his numbers are down.

I was a bit worried when JA was shut down in Arizona and Kevin didn't pick up the slack.

Kevin is a great player but we will need his pocket collapsing skills if we are going to make a successful superbowl run.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

KW Phat Pat
    2003 51 Not a Vike
    2004 70 Not a Vike
    2005 42 66
    2006 36 44
    2007 38 62
    2008 60 44
    2009 28 43
    NFL Stats

Regarding Pat,
    "The second half of the season, he has really taken off and really played like the Pat of old," Frazier said.

I agree with that. Pat seemes to just now be playing like he did last year, despite the numbers.

Kevin has had a quieter year but can still bring it against the run. Teams don't run up the middle on us much anymore. So perhaps that is part of the reason his numbers are down.

I was a bit worried when JA was shut down in Arizona and Kevin didn't pick up the slack.

Kevin is a great player but we will need his pocket collapsing skills if we are going to make a successful superbowl run.
    Good point on Phat Pat.

For me, I just don't like to base a players effectiveness on just sacks alone. Stuff, for me, that makes K-Will "new jersey" worthy this year are things that most fans don't track....

QB Pressures - 4th
    Batted Passes - 2nd
    QB Hits - Tied 1rst

Profootball Focus
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

KW Phat Pat
    2003 51 Not a Vike
    2004 70 Not a Vike
    2005 42 66
    2006 36 44
    2007 38 62
    2008 60 44
    2009 28 43
    NFL Stats

Regarding Pat,

Good point on Phat Pat.

For me, I just don't like to base a players effectiveness on just sacks alone. Stuff, for me, that makes K-Will "new jersey" worthy this year are things that most fans don't track....

QB Pressures - 4th
    Batted Passes - 2nd
    QB Hits - Tied 1rst

Profootball Focus
    Just so we are clear, I'm not talking about sacks specifically.
    I'm talking about the QB not having anywhere to step up.
    The ends usually get the credit and sacks. But the tackles are the ones who flush the QB often times.
    I love the team sport nature of the game of football.
    It takes a team to win.
    Guess the Cowboys haven't figured that out recently.
    Hope they do Saturday night.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

K-W is going to step his game up another notch, just like Big Pat has the last two games. In fact the whole team is gonna bump it up as we head to a Championship season. When we get there, the acclaims will follow those that deserve them.

Hmmm, thought this one need a bit of a revisist today.

He sure stepped it up last night (Matt Moore 299/J. Stewart 109)..... :dry:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast