Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: How things change....

The Packers beating the Bears would be a huge help to us, but it's not something we can count on. We need that New Year's Day game! We also need to stay a game ahead of Atlanta and Dallas. Actually, that Christmas Eve game between Dallas and Carolina could be an important one for us, if Dallas wins that gives them the edge in common opponents.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"midgensa" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Does anyone know the tie-breakers? What if we beat the Bears in week 17 but end up with the same record as them? Head to head the record would be 1-1, so thats a moot point. Divison record would be next, which would make both teams 5-1 (IF they beat the Pack), so we're tied on the second tie breaker as well. What's the third one? Conference record?
    Here are the procedures for deciding a division champ, if the record is tied.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

So assuming we beat the Bears in the last game, and assuming the Bears beat the Packers, we'd have the same division record. What the Bears have going for them is the fact that they have beaten both the Panthers and Bucs....the Vikes lose to those teams. So they would win the third tiebreaker.

I honestly think our chances of winning a wild card are better, since it's easier for us to get a game up on the Falcons and Cowboys than it is to get a game up on the Bears...we can't afford to tie them.
    That is correct, we would need to the Bears to likely lose in G.Bay for us to beat them in a tie ... or we can beat the Steelers, Ravens and Bears and just have them lose to Atlanta and us ... I like that way the best ...
    I like them losing to the falcons, pack and the VIKES but that is just me oh and for the record I still want Cotrell gone
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VIK84INGS is offline Waterboy

The playoff picture is looking very positive for the Vikes:

To win the division our best bet is to win out and then have the Bears losing to either: Atlanta or Green Bay.

The wild card is our most likely route, lets assume the Panthers or BUcs win the division, which ever team doesnt win the division will get one of the wild card spots. That leaves the vikes, falcons and cowboys fighting for the last wild card spot. The falcons and cowboys each have tough remaining schedules:

Atlanta has the tiebreaker over us cause they beat us so we need to finish one game ahead of them.

Atlanta
    New Orleans (Falcons will prob win)
    @ Chicago ( We may actually want the Bears to win)
    @ Tampa ( Hope the Bucs Can pull of the win)
    Carolina ( Our new favorite team)

There is a good chance Atlanta could lose 3 games which would allow us to get the wild card spot with only one more win which would be easy to do consider we play the Ravens.

The Cowboys currenly would make the wild card spot over us if it were to end now because of their NFC record which is better then ours. BUt the cowboys also have a tough schedule.

Dallas

Kansas city ( Its a close game, Dallas is up by 3 at the half)
    @ washington (great rival, always a tough game and dallas lost to skins earlier this year)
    @ Carolina ( Our new friends must win)
    St louis ( GO rams pull off an upset)

Must likely the cowboys will lose 2 (KC and Carolina) maybe 3 games. SO we could still afford to lose one game and not have to worry about a tiebreaker, but if we lose to pitt and bears. We would be tied and have the same NFC record so it would go to record against common teams

Our playoff picture looks good, with some help from the panthers were in good position

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Freakin Dallas won, gal dang KC missed the field goal in the last seconds of the game to lose it.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Let's not get ahead of ourselves people. Let's take care of business next Sunday and try to beat down the Steelers! Then let's hope the falcons take care of the bears!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Freakin Dallas won, gal dang KC missed the field goal in the last seconds of the game to lose it.

That game absolutely sucked. KC was the better team, but once again Dallas pulled something out of their @$$e$.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

That game absolutely sucked. KC was the better team, but once again Dallas pulled something out of their @$$e$.
    Yea it sucked big time, of course I was cheering for KC and in that last drive there, I didn't even think they would get in field goal range in that amount of time. But when they were able to and didn't make the field goal..... :evil:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

I know. They made that great completion and then there was a bad snap, which screwed everything up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123