Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    We were in most of the games this year (lost 8 or 9 by 7 or less). All we need is someone in the organization with an eye for talent and that understands how to build chemistry and a winning attitude. There's the solution.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Now that the colts have won I say we go all in on the suck for luck and build with him. That would give us the elite QB we need. Then get the state to build the darn stadium in Arden Hills and go from there.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I actually feel that our QB situation is one of the only spots we're good at (Wow! Been a long while since I thought that!?!??) But, really, we've got two young guys with a good potential and a decent vet with some experience as our third guy.

But, no QB can do it on their own. Its still a team game and its pretty freaking hard to get yards on offense when you're hitting the ground most every play! I think OL is still our number 1 need. I'm not even sold on Sullivan, and at this point, he's probably our best guy. Hutch is getting up there in years and has been playing semi-injured the past 3 years. McKinnie wasn't great but he was better than Charlie, and who knows what happened to Loadholt but that solid rookie year is looking like a fluke right now. Granted, we were one of the teams hurt most by the lockout and the missed practices due to all the new schemes going in, but come on man! 4th in sacks allowed! Again!?? D'oh!!

And Harvin is best in the slot and/or backfield. He's OK on deep routes but doesn't have the leap or range of Rice, and it shows when we throw deep. Jenkins and Aromashadu might be all right filling one of the outside spots as a tandem, but we really need one true deep threat. Much like fixing LT, a deep threat helps our passing game AND our running game by backing off defenses just a bit.

Secondary has 6 injured guys! OUCH!! (counting Cook as a "head injury"...dumbass!) Griff seems to have lost a step and he's the only starter we have left. But this may require more than just personel upgrades, This is where I think we need a change of scheme...

The zone defense has been at least partially out-dated by the NFL's new focus on "safety." Alot of what makes the zone tick is the big hit. You're not right on the guy covering, but near enough to hit him as the ball does, and hopefully, hard enough to knock it loose. Doesn't look like big hits are allowed anymore, so we may have to adjust to more of a man cover scheme, and that will likely require some new personel.

Its really too bad about Cook, cuz he was sure showing some potential, but now, I think he's probably going to jail.

But, that's the big three. LT, 1 WR, and multiple Secondary. With an early pick every round except the 6th, we should be able to snag a 2 or 3 difference makers in the draft, leaving us to fill 2-3 holes in FA, but if we can hit on a couple of "deals" there, we could possibly compete for the division as soon as next year, and maybe even have more hope for the future as these young guns improve.

SKOL VIKINGS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS & HOPPY HOLIDAZE PPO!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by July 4 1776 View Post
    Thats the beauty of the NFL. One season can change everything. The rams of 2000 are proof of that and more recently the dolphins under parcells and the 49"s this year. While im not saying we can compete for a superbowl easily next year we can at least be competent with changes. A new d cord( jack del rio) and a new o cord (not sure who) plus a gm that can spot talent like parcells did for the dolphins who went from 1-15 to 9-7 in one year. I think we need a new head coach and a change of culture though, and that wont be done till next year at the earliest due to the wilfman not wanting to pay chilly and frazier. So to boil it down, its possible to field a competent team as early as next year, but unlikely until the wilfman hires a great gm and lets him hire a competent hc
    . The 49ers had talent for the last couple of years. If they had a decent qb they would have been a very good team,they still need a qb
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Now that the colts have won I say we go all in on the suck for luck and build with him. That would give us the elite QB we need. Then get the state to build the darn stadium in Arden Hills and go from there.
    Thank you. Rg3 or luck ,I also like Moore. He is short.."but. He has great fundamentals....he could turn into a very qb.....
    None

As far as FB's go most teams covet them but.......there really aren't many good FB's coming out of college....due to the pass oriented game football has turned into...thanks to the rule changes that have handcuffed the defense..
    None

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12