Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: How to settle your feelings on the Moss trade

Good write Caine. I don't hate Moss at all either. Was I happy to see him go? No. But, I do look ahead and Randy is in the past. Could we have done it with him? Most definately yes. His tenure here was great. I never paid much attention to a lot of the incidents, unless they involved the team.

But, it seems (no fingers being pointed) that a lot of folks seem to cherrish Moss as an individual over the team as a whole. I guess everybody has different like and dislikes. I go with the team all the way.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"schwartz24" wrote:
    moss was the best reciever to play in minnesota ! he was the best play make we had and will ever see as vikings fan. hes a freak of nature and is the best to play wide out ever. moss fan for life... thanks mccombs for giving him away for nothing!

Cris Carter is the best HANDS down. haha

He had the best hands the world has ever seen and is the one of the best things to ever happen to this organization.

Moss is unbelievably talented, but football is not a one man show.

And unlike you im a team fan not a player fan. So I couldnt care less for your Moss loving opinion. Go Vikes! Moss, I dont care I hope his career is well but now that he is gone I am not that excited about him.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Caine" wrote:
    "chilifoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    :lol: You guys are pathetic. We trade him and you turn on him. It won't be as funny when he hurdles 'toine or Smoot in his return to the dome in 2007.
    we're pathetic?

you're the one with your mouth firmly planted on Moss's butt.... he's not even on the team anymore... and you're kissing his arse like he's your boss and you're in line for a promotion... that's pathetic
    Actually, I sort of agree with 8404. It amazes me how many people have completely reversed direction on Moss now that he's gone. And, Chilifoot, instead of disproving 8404's statement with your reply, you actually sort of supported it. After all, when your FIRST response is name calling, it typically means that you haven't got anything factual to support your stance.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I don't blame Randy for the things that happened, I blame Red *screws squirrels* McCombs. His refusal to put a Defense on the field (evidenced by the 38 million in cap room) created an impossible situation for our Offense. No matter how many points we scored, they would too...usually.

Randy didn't do anything EVER that was as bad as the Media made it out to be. He just got hammered more for it. Don't believe me? Pick ANY "Moss Incident" and I'll prove it.

And, in answer to Ultra's question, I ALWAYS support the TEAM first. But, I see no reason to bash Moss because our dumbshit owner created a negative situation, then tried to pass the buck off on Moss by trading him and buying a Defense.

Caine
    Dammnnn! Another old fart that thinks alot like me! Too cool! Ditto to your response Caine, and to all you MOSS HATERS! GFY!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

dauntefan is offline Training Camp

I love Moss and always will, and I hope he does well in Oakland. I hope he kicks New Englands ass on opening day. I think it should have been Tice leaving instead of Moss. So there's no hate for Moss from me, just as long as our new kick ass secondary shut his ass down when he plays us. : )

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    This is'nt a way to decide which players are better. This is a way to see how much positive and how much negative your bringing to your team.
    I knew what you meant akvike..., I's just messing with ya. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

tattattict is offline Waterboy

Im just gonna say that Moss is a stud and there might not ever be a player like him. But I also think that there is no one player above his team or the game and at times he acts like he is. I wish him luck , but I am a Vikes fan and I support my team and in the end I believe we will be a better team with out him!
    Tâttâttîct

Guruzen is offline Starter

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    Alright... I have heard people say everything between "We should have just cut Moss" to "Lets trade all our picks and try to get him back" I must say I have mixed feelings in the trade but think that letting him go was a wise decision in the end. Here is how I decided if Moss was worth keeping...

Rate his "skill level" than rate his "attitude level"
    subtract the latter from the former look at the numbers.
    How to rate players.
    scale 1 to 100. 1 being less skilled than your Grandma and 100 being flawless. Now be honest nobody is a 100 or ever will be. That would be never making a mistake. Attitude rating is this. 100 being the biggest jerk ever. 1 being the greatest team plyer ever in football. Please reply with your "skill" and "attitude" rankings for Moss. Please be honest. we will move on once I get a few replies.
    So you're saying my Grandma who's an ultimate unselfish team player is just as good as a selfish Moss?

GO GRANDMAMA!!!!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"Caine" wrote:
    "chilifoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    :lol: You guys are pathetic. We trade him and you turn on him. It won't be as funny when he hurdles 'toine or Smoot in his return to the dome in 2007.
    we're pathetic?

you're the one with your mouth firmly planted on Moss's butt.... he's not even on the team anymore... and you're kissing his arse like he's your boss and you're in line for a promotion... that's pathetic
    Actually, I sort of agree with 8404. It amazes me how many people have completely reversed direction on Moss now that he's gone. And, Chilifoot, instead of disproving 8404's statement with your reply, you actually sort of supported it. After all, when your FIRST response is name calling, it typically means that you haven't got anything factual to support your stance.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I don't blame Randy for the things that happened, I blame Red *screws squirrels* McCombs. His refusal to put a Defense on the field (evidenced by the 38 million in cap room) created an impossible situation for our Offense. No matter how many points we scored, they would too...usually.

Randy didn't do anything EVER that was as bad as the Media made it out to be. He just got hammered more for it. Don't believe me? Pick ANY "Moss Incident" and I'll prove it.

And, in answer to Ultra's question, I ALWAYS support the TEAM first. But, I see no reason to bash Moss because our dumbshit owner created a negative situation, then tried to pass the buck off on Moss by trading him and buying a Defense.

Caine
    Um. actually. I turned on Moss starting when he left the field with 2 ticks left. From then on things went from bad to worse.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    Alright... I have heard people say everything between "We should have just cut Moss" to "Lets trade all our picks and try to get him back" I must say I have mixed feelings in the trade but think that letting him go was a wise decision in the end. Here is how I decided if Moss was worth keeping...

Rate his "skill level" than rate his "attitude level"
    subtract the latter from the former look at the numbers.
    How to rate players.
    scale 1 to 100. 1 being less skilled than your Grandma and 100 being flawless. Now be honest nobody is a 100 or ever will be. That would be never making a mistake. Attitude rating is this. 100 being the biggest jerk ever. 1 being the greatest team plyer ever in football. Please reply with your "skill" and "attitude" rankings for Moss. Please be honest. we will move on once I get a few replies.
    So you're saying my Grandma who's an ultimate unselfish team player is just as good as a selfish Moss?

GO GRANDMAMA!!!!
    May I repeat... THIS IS NOT A SKILL RATING. okay, now my finger hurts from holding down the shift key for 27 digits. Anyway, I'm just saying that if your attitude rating comes close to your skill rating there is a major problem.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    May I repeat... THIS IS NOT A SKILL RATING. okay, now my finger hurts from holding down the shift key for 27 digits. Anyway, I'm just saying that if your attitude rating comes close to your skill rating there is a major problem.
    Use the "Caps Lock" then.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast