Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 163
  1. #11
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009



    Expectations are a bit high.

    Not sure if the Playbook changes, it is probably the play calling that changes.

    "pH Factor"

    He doesn't need to dominate, he just needs to contribute to the O production.
    He is a WR and won't have as many touches as AD.
    I think that was what happened to Bush in the pros.
    He gets less touches than in college.
    He was just a speed guy in college, couldn't run the ball like he did in college, turned into a 3rd down threat.
    Point is that Bush contributes and he has the ability to take it to the endzone when he touches.
    Harvin will have the same opportunity.


    From the comments made by the QBs, it has been said that they have been working special play to Harvin.
    Probably pulling the plays out of the playbook that fit his ability.

    Can't wait to see him in Purple on opening day.

  2. #12
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009


    Hope we adjust the "pH Factor", so we are more explosive, and not always as predictable.... ;D

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Hope we adjust the "pH Factor", so we are more explosive, and not always as predictable.... ;D
    Our offense will be PH balanced.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "C" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Hope we adjust the "pH Factor", so we are more explosive, and not always as predictable.... ;D
    Our offense will be PH balanced.
    I'd say it will be a rather basic environment still.

  5. #15
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "C" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Hope we adjust the "pH Factor", so we are more explosive, and not always as predictable.... ;D
    Our offense will be PH balanced.
    LOL!!
    Nice!!!
    8)
    Just what the doctor ordered!



    Williamson had hand, experience, use and route running questions coming out...basically, his speed alone was what got him drafted early.
    Harvin's averages speak volumes for his onfield ability.
    9.4 a rush is HUGE and 16.1 is pretty nice too!
    Not just running a fast forty, he caught every single ball at his proday (40+ as I recall) and ripped off 20 reps of 225 lbs (30 lbs more than his listed weight).
    Physically, its all there, as the BSH picture, and game tape clearly shows.
    Sure, any and every player could bust, but as long as he stays clean and working hard, I see Harvin's chances for success much better than Troy's!!

    Berrian struggled early here, but blossomed late.
    Shank has really stepped it up a notch too!
    I don't think there's a single Vikings fan out there that isn't pretty freakin stoked about our backfield boasting AP and CT!
    This could be a really, really FUN and EXCITING VIKINGS TEAM to watch!!!!!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. #16
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "Garland" wrote:
    The minute the author started talking about running the Wildcat he lost all credibility. Wht next he will start telling us that we should run the wishbone, Flexbone or the veer?
    LOL.
    Don't get this board going down the wishbone path again GG.
    I wondered what Marr was going to think about the 3 back sets, 5 WR's and wildcat options.
    This dude PH gives us unlimited possibilities with our offense, one only has to open their imagination, draw it in the sand and go for it.
    System and scheme be damned, Percy is in the house.

    pH+ it is.


  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    The minute the author started talking about running the Wildcat he lost all credibility. Wht next he will start telling us that we should run the wishbone, Flexbone or the veer?
    LOL.
    Don't get this board going down the wishbone path again GG.
    I wondered what Marr was going to think about the 3 back sets, 5 WR's and wildcat options.
    This dude PH gives us unlimited possibilities with our offense, one only has to open their imagination, draw it in the sand and go for it.
    System and scheme be damned, Percy is in the house.

    pH+ it is.

    I for one would be excited to see that stuff especially stuff like 4 wides.
    Chanted for it the whole Iggles game.
    As BPnG.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    The minute the author started talking about running the Wildcat he lost all credibility. Wht next he will start telling us that we should run the wishbone, Flexbone or the veer?
    LOL.
    Don't get this board going down the wishbone path again GG.
    I wondered what Marr was going to think about the 3 back sets, 5 WR's and wildcat options.
    This dude PH gives us unlimited possibilities with our offense, one only has to open their imagination, draw it in the sand and go for it.
    System and scheme be damned, Percy is in the house.

    pH+ it is.

    I for one would be excited to see that stuff especially stuff like 4 wides.

    Chanted for it the whole Iggles game.
    As BPnG.
    I don't see it happening with TJ (his head doesn't turn in that many directions).
    Maybe with Sage, more likely with Favre.
    In that case do you really want to see it?

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    The minute the author started talking about running the Wildcat he lost all credibility. Wht next he will start telling us that we should run the wishbone, Flexbone or the veer?
    LOL.
    Don't get this board going down the wishbone path again GG.
    I wondered what Marr was going to think about the 3 back sets, 5 WR's and wildcat options.
    This dude PH gives us unlimited possibilities with our offense, one only has to open their imagination, draw it in the sand and go for it.
    System and scheme be damned, Percy is in the house.

    pH+ it is.

    I for one would be excited to see that stuff especially stuff like 4 wides.

    Chanted for it the whole Iggles game.
    As BPnG.
    I don't see it happening with TJ (his head doesn't turn in that many directions).
    Maybe with Sage, more likely with Favre.
    In that case do you really want to see it?
    Well, I think TJ could do it if the OL would give him time to get through those reads...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How Percy Harvin Changes the Vikings Playbook in 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    The minute the author started talking about running the Wildcat he lost all credibility. Wht next he will start telling us that we should run the wishbone, Flexbone or the veer?
    LOL.
    Don't get this board going down the wishbone path again GG.
    I wondered what Marr was going to think about the 3 back sets, 5 WR's and wildcat options.
    This dude PH gives us unlimited possibilities with our offense, one only has to open their imagination, draw it in the sand and go for it.
    System and scheme be damned, Percy is in the house.

    pH+ it is.

    I for one would be excited to see that stuff especially stuff like 4 wides.

    Chanted for it the whole Iggles game.
    As BPnG.
    I don't see it happening with TJ (his head doesn't turn in that many directions).
    Maybe with Sage, more likely with Favre.
    In that case do you really want to see it?
    Well, I think TJ could do it if the OL would give him time to get through those reads...... ;D
    or if he didn't hold onto the ball too long, the line wouldn't have to block for 6 seconds. It works both ways :P

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Percy Harvin is running toward NFL history
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 07:40 PM
  2. Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year!
    By Purple Mk1 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
  3. With the 22nd Pick the Vikings Select Percy Harvin
    By SharperImage in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 750
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM
  4. Vikings stole Percy Harvin from the Patriots
    By HEY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 03:24 AM
  5. Access Vikings:Drafting Percy Harvin
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •