NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How much would it cost to go to the big game?

Disclaimer - I am not an actual homer.
    I just play one in the offseason.

I believe that the offseason is the time for optimists and homers.
    At this point, there is nothing but potential for each team.
    If NO can go from the basement to the NFC Championship game in a year, then any team can. ;D
    When the season starts, then it is time to ground the homers and focus on reality.
    But until then, this part of the offseason is boring, so...

Anyone curious how much it will cost to attend this year's Super Bowl (since the Vikings are obviously going to be there)?
    • [li]Tickets - $700 each or $1400 total if you win the ticket drawing through either the Vikings or the NFL.
      Online brokers are likely to be higher.
      [/li]
      [li]Air, Hotel, Car package - $2634 on travelocity right now.
      Flying into Phoenix and staying a little farther east in the Metro area in Scottsdale.
      Most of the hotels in Glendale itself are blocked already for the dates.
      This is based on 2 adults, five nights.[/li]
      [li]MealsAssume $150 per day per person.
      $1500 total .[/li]
      [li]Game Day $500 on beer, food, and memorabilia. [/li]

That puts me right around $6000.
    Man, I gotta start saving my pennies.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Re: How much would it cost to go to the big game?

FYI, forgot to mention in the ticket price - the reason I said $700 each or $1400 total is because you may only buy the tickets in pairs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Wow that comes out to 3,000 a person. With 6 months til the superbowl that's only 500 a month, who can't find an extra 500 a month lying around.lol

I think I will start saving my money 09, the team should be done rebuilding by then so that is probably going to be the first year where the vikes have a chance to be a contender. that gives me 30 months so I only need to save $100 a month! Anyone no where the 09 superbowl will be?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If you don't sell everything you own and do whatever it takes to make it to the big dance when the Vikings are in it, you are not a true fan.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Wow that comes out to 3,000 a person. With 6 months til the superbowl that's only 500 a month, who can't find an extra 500 a month lying around.lol

I think I will start saving my money 09, the team should be done rebuilding by then so that is probably going to be the first year where the vikes have a chance to be a contender. that gives me 30 months so I only need to save $100 a month! Anyone no where the 09 superbowl will be?
    The 2009 Super Bowl will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

=Z=
    I am so there.

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

=Z=
    I am so there.
    Airfare to Tampa is cheaper too.
    Only $1,651 for two tickets.
    You just shaved $1000 of the price.

Of course, everything else is more expensive in Tampa, so it will probably end up costing the same anyway... ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

=Z=
    I am so there.
    Airfare to Tampa is cheaper too.
    Only $1,651 for two tickets.
    You just shaved $1000 of the price.

Of course, everything else is more expensive in Tampa, so it will probably end up costing the same anyway... ;D
    Yeah I will have to add $100 for tolls.