Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: How much longer will the Vikings be in Minnesota?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    What do you think Wilf is thinking?

He bought a Team with ... Great tradition, great fan base, great player history, winning history, division domination, HOFers, sellouts, great city.....blah, blah, blah.

WTF?
    Why did I buy this Team???

Don't the good people of MN wanna keep the Vikes?

Sorry folks, he's done his part.
    I doubt he's complaining that much.
    The franchise makes profit every year and is worth more now than what he bought it for.
    Forbes ranks Viking 32nd NFL Team Valuations And they weren't ranking Jackson as an NFL starter in Sept

Forbes.com
    09.10.08, 6:00 PM ET

The skinny
    It looks like the Minnesota Vikings will not be getting a new stadium any time soon unless team owner Zigi Wilf is willing to forgo large taxpayer subsidies. ..... The Vikings have one of the worst stadium deals in the NFL and Wilf, who along with other partners paid $600 million for the team three years ago, have pumped at least $30 million more into the franchise since their purchase. It is not likely that the Vikings can privately finance a new stadium ... because of the weaker demographics in Minneapolis. So look for Wilf to unload the team.

Till I burn down the stadium this year when we are
    0-16 lol
    . If we are like the Lions were last year.

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Elam529" wrote:
    Just use the Dome, it's a decent football stadium, but not a good baseball stadium. THe Vikes don't need a new one, they can use the Dome or maybe even the new Gophers stadium, if the field can HANDLE it. Twins definitely needed a new one, but it sucks that theres only gonna be a 39,000 capacity. OH WELL.

GoodFELL would also have to rearrange one of the NFLs most traditionally prominent GoodFELL divisions. San Antonio/LA would not be in the north, so GoodFELL would prob have to move the Seattle Seahawks to the North and leave the new city to the west.
    JUGGALO LOVE BABY

I do not think that Division alignment is on their minds when deciding who to award a team to.

Dallas is not really East.
    Indy is not really South.
    You get my drift.

Besides, why move Seattle to the North if you are basing this on geographic location?
    St. Louis would make more sense.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Forbes ranks Viking 32nd NFL Team Valuations And they weren't ranking Jackson as an NFL starter in Sept

Forbes.com

The skinny
    It looks like the Minnesota Vikings will not be getting a new stadium any time soon unless team owner Zigi Wilf is willing to forgo large taxpayer subsidies. ..... The Vikings have one of the worst stadium deals in the NFL and Wilf, who along with other partners paid $600 million for the team three years ago, have pumped at least $30 million more into the franchise since their purchase. It is not likely that the Vikings can privately finance a new stadium ... because of the weaker demographics in Minneapolis. So look for Wilf to unload the team.
    Just because the vikings are not worth as much as other franchises does not mean that it hasn't been a good investment.
    The value of the franchise has gone up 239 million dollars since he purchased it, and revenues have been increasing every year.

Could he be making more, sure, but he'll make a pretty damn good profit if he chooses to sell.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:

Forbes.com

The skinny
    Just because the vikings are not worth as much as other franchises does not mean that it hasn't been a good investment.
    The value of the franchise has gone up 239 million dollars since he purchased it, and revenues have been increasing every year.

Could he be making more, sure, but he'll make a pretty damn good profit if he chooses to sell.
    Sept 08 valuation and the current economic crunch, if the team was sold the ownership wouldn't make 239 mil profit plus they have the 30 mil that was sunk into the team that needs to be recouped.
    Red sold the team for 600 mil when it was valued at 605, although it could have been the Moss ain't goin to be here when you get the team discount.

mamaluke is offline Starter

The more this off-season progresses the more I say "F" this pathetic franchise! The reality is setting in that this team is heading to LA soon. What a shame!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Sept 08 valuation and the current economic crunch, if the team was sold the ownership wouldn't make 239 mil profit plus they have the 30 mil that was sunk into the team that needs to be recouped.
    Red sold the team for 600 mil when it was valued at 605, although it could have been the Moss ain't goin to be here when you get the team discount.
    Yah, but the fact is, Wilf could still make a tidy profit if/when he says "f*ck it" and sell to somebody who wants to own an LA franchise.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

The more Minnesota fans resign themselves to the "fate," the more likely it will happen.
    If "fans" of the franchise are giving up on them and not going to the games or buying team merchandise, why would Wilf want to keep the team here?
    I've seen several posts from people ready to say "floop it."

Really?
    Not getting a receiver that was highly coveted by other teams and losing an over the hill center on the downside of his career is so bad that you don't want to be a fan anymore?
    Well, go ahead.
    We won't miss you.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why Vikings fans have become disenfranchised after a tumultuous history (especially the inconsistency of the talented team we have now), but I will never forget the pleasant memories the Vikes have given me, and I will not let a few up and down seasons cause me to give up on my team.
    Hell, the Bengals still exist and they have sucked for decades.
    Even the Lions are still around.

Don't make this a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Support your team and express your right as a fan to gripe and boo when they are screwing up, and cheer an praise when they make you proud to be a fan.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Guruzen is offline Starter

Nothing to do with fan support or fans showing up for games. It's all about revenue from the stadium and the Metrodome is way behind in that category. Wilf is not a fan like us, he's a businessman and will do what he can to make more money.

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Nothing to do with fan support or fans showing up for games. It's all about revenue from the stadium and the Metrodome is way behind in that category. Wilf is not a fan like us, he's a businessman and will do what he can to make more money.
    It's about Money for the City also.
    What does the city lose by allowing the team to go, compared to the revenue in tax dollars, tax on popcorn, etc.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast