Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: How much longer will the Vikings be in Minnesota?

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50841.msg917960#msg917960 date=1236213312]
    The Twins and Gophers got a stadium and the Vikings were left out

They can't sign the hometown guy

They can't get a QB

Is this the beginning of the end?
    No,

Signing Childress was the beginning of the end. It is just taking others longer to figure that out.

[size=20pt]MY GOD!!!

SOMEONE IS LISTENING!!![/size]
    Not to you though.
    I'm well aware.
    Then put a cork in it.
    ;D
    [/quote]

lol

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

as much as i hate to finally admit it..the end it near..its such a terrible time to ask for public money, especially with a government thats taken 4 months to figure out how to count ballots in a senate race..they went out and got a piece of crap qb on purpose so that jackson wouldnt actually feel threatened..they let a 90 catch guy leave town for the most depressing city in america, whose team finished 4-12 last year, where he doesnt really fit in quite as well from a football standpoint since there is no downfield threat on that roster..you allowed matt birk, a hometown guy that typically goes to the pro-bowl, sign with a team out east for hardly anything..they made no attempt to get matt schaub, or matt cassel, 2 potentially great qb's (at the very least, lightyears ahead of anybody weve got)

the vikes have needed radio stations and businesses to buy out 10's of thousands of seats to games, including the home playoff game this past season, in order to sell out their 64,000 seat stadium (really not all that big considering cities with far larger stadiums that have no problems at all)..since theyve done nothing exciting whatsoever, they can easily expect to have at the very least half of their games next season blacked out, with crowds that just might rival that of a half decent twins crowd..they can probably just leave the baseball configuration up since they will have roughly that many unsold seats anyways

its depressing knowing that green bay has ticket waiting lists that would stretch from milwaukee to st paul, and they didnt have any problem filling a stadium for meaningless games at the end of the year, but the vikes, in the freaking playoffs, risked having their game blacked out up until the saturday night beforehand

its horribly unfortunate to think of it, but in reality, this is whats gonna happen if this team chooses to show that it has no interest in winning a championship

the state as a whole just seems to care a whole lot less, as they see the number of dumb moves happening over and over again..the timberwolves are the same way, and the wild will start seeing it soon too..the twins are the only team in town that has stuck to a certain philosophy which has made them a winner in the past
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

maybe they could come to canada ;D ;D

but thats only if they had to move i would prefer they stayed in minnesota.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

What do you think Wilf is thinking?

He bought a Team with ... Great tradition, great fan base, great player history, winning history, division domination, HOFers, sellouts, great city.....blah, blah, blah.

WTF?
    Why did I buy this Team???

Don't the good people of MN wanna keep the Vikes?

Sorry folks, he's done his part.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

LincolnVike is offline Rookie

I can't believe some of the pessimism of Viking Fans.
    It's pretty obvious very few people care about the Vikings.
    They deserve to go where they are respected.
    As much of a fan as I am, people being negative about it just really depresses me.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"olson_10" wrote:
    as much as i hate to finally admit it..the end it near..its such a terrible time to ask for public money, especially with a government thats taken 4 months to figure out how to count ballots in a senate race..they went out and got a piece of crap qb on purpose so that jackson wouldnt actually feel threatened..they let a 90 catch guy leave town for the most depressing city in america, whose team finished 4-12 last year, where he doesnt really fit in quite as well from a football standpoint since there is no downfield threat on that roster..you allowed matt birk, a hometown guy that typically goes to the pro-bowl, sign with a team out east for hardly anything..they made no attempt to get matt schaub, or matt cassel, 2 potentially great qb's (at the very least, lightyears ahead of anybody weve got)

the vikes have needed radio stations and businesses to buy out 10's of thousands of seats to games, including the home playoff game this past season, in order to sell out their 64,000 seat stadium (really not all that big considering cities with far larger stadiums that have no problems at all)..since theyve done nothing exciting whatsoever, they can easily expect to have at the very least half of their games next season blacked out, with crowds that just might rival that of a half decent twins crowd..they can probably just leave the baseball configuration up since they will have roughly that many unsold seats anyways

its depressing knowing that green bay has ticket waiting lists that would stretch from milwaukee to st paul, and they didnt have any problem filling a stadium for meaningless games at the end of the year, but the vikes, in the freaking playoffs, risked having their game blacked out up until the saturday night beforehand

its horribly unfortunate to think of it, but in reality, this is whats gonna happen if this team chooses to show that it has no interest in winning a championship

the state as a whole just seems to care a whole lot less, as they see the number of dumb moves happening over and over again..the timberwolves are the same way, and the wild will start seeing it soon too..the twins are the only team in town that has stuck to a certain philosophy which has made them a winner in the past
    You might have Seattle confused with Detroit or Philly, Seattle is a pretty nice city, doesn't have the winter snow like Winnipeg but there is skiing in the near by mountains

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    What do you think Wilf is thinking?

He bought a Team with ... Great tradition, great fan base, great player history, winning history, division domination, HOFers, sellouts, great city.....blah, blah, blah.

WTF?
    Why did I buy this Team???

Don't the good people of MN wanna keep the Vikes?

Sorry folks, he's done his part.
    I doubt he's complaining that much.
    The franchise makes profit every year and is worth more now than what he bought it for.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"LincolnVike" wrote:
    I can't believe some of the pessimism of Viking Fans.
    It's pretty obvious very few people care about the Vikings.
    They deserve to go where they are respected.
    As much of a fan as I am, people being negative about it just really depresses me.
    So being pessimistic = does not care?

Elam529 is offline Rookie

Just use the Dome, it's a decent football stadium, but not a good baseball stadium. THe Vikes don't need a new one, they can use the Dome or maybe even the new Gophers stadium, if the field can HANDLE it. Twins definitely needed a new one, but it sucks that theres only gonna be a 39,000 capacity. OH WELL.

GoodFELL would also have to rearrange one of the NFLs most traditionally prominent GoodFELL divisions. San Antonio/LA would not be in the north, so GoodFELL would prob have to move the Seattle Seahawks to the North and leave the new city to the west.
    JUGGALO LOVE BABY

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Till the day I die.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast