Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How to measure success?

The Vikings have gone through owner,coaching and personnel steadily over the past 40+ years and have had many good teams and have been dominant on both sides of the ball, but the one thing that has remained consistent over that period of time is that we have never had a combination of coaches and players that could rise up and win the games they need to.

If you look back through time to any team we have had, the team always finds either a way to lose or is severely outcoached by the opposition.

I said two years ago that the best thing the team could do is to trade culpepper,moss and bennett and get players that showed up to work on Sunday. Now it is time to see if we can find the right replacements.

All of the talk about how great Culpepper is and how great his stats are, but he never took the team on his back in the playoffs and became the kind of leader that people wanted to go out and win with.

Moss had great stats too, but in the playoffs he was a flop and during his career we had some of the worst playoff losses in team history.

When I will feel the changes were worth it will be when, even if we are sub-500 we go up against a team that is rated better than ours and through planning by the coaches and determination by the players, the vikings win some games they never should have won, and also when we play a team we are truely better than, we stomp them to the ground and beat them to submission. Then I will be convinced that the team has turned over a new leaf. Until then it's still the same old team.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: How to measure success?

success = playing good enough to beat arizona (among the worst teams in the league that year) with your arm, rather than depending on onterrio smith to carry the team
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Blog Entries

Or even good enough to hold onto a lead against them when it is 4th down and time is running out.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The Vikings have gone through owner,coaching and personnel steadily over the past 40+ years and have had many good teams and have been dominant on both sides of the ball, but the one thing that has remained consistent over that period of time is that we have never had a combination of coaches and players that could rise up and win the games they need to.

If you look back through time to any team we have had, the team always finds either a way to lose or is severely outcoached by the opposition.

I said two years ago that the best thing the team could do is to trade culpepper,moss and bennett and get players that showed up to work on Sunday. Now it is time to see if we can find the right replacements.

All of the talk about how great Culpepper is and how great his stats are, but he never took the team on his back in the playoffs and became the kind of leader that people wanted to go out and win with.

Moss had great stats too, but in the playoffs he was a flop and during his career we had some of the worst playoff losses in team history.

When I will feel the changes were worth it will be when, even if we are sub-500 we go up against a team that is rated better than ours and through planning by the coaches and determination by the players, the vikings win some games they never should have won, and also when we play a team we are truely better than, we stomp them to the ground and beat them to submission. Then I will be convinced that the team has turned over a new leaf. Until then it's still the same old team.
    Same old team or new team they are still my team. I may not like all of the moves they make, but I will back them 100%.

Even if they still play the way they have for the past three years. The band wagon is full so don't jump on and off because you feel the changes may or may not be what you feel is worth it.

The fair weather band wagon is around the corner there is plenty of room for you there.

Blog Entries

Too bad you have to be labled fair weather because you expect a team to play to their potential. If the bandwagon is happy with underachieves, I'll gladly go around the corner

Success in football is playing the game, enjoying it, and hanging up the cleats with no regrets. If you are satisfied with your career, it was a success.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

All Viking fans expect the team to play to their potential, but in reality sometimes their potential isn't going to play at the potential you described:

"When I will feel the changes were worth it will be when, even if we are sub-500 we go up against a team that is rated better than ours and through planning by the coaches and determination by the players, the vikings win some games they never should have won, and also when we play a team we are truely better than, we stomp them to the ground and beat them to submission."

But as your team you still have to back them. You may not like what changes they have made and when they are playing bad I don't but you always have to back them.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

i can honestly be real and say i liked the vikes because of moss & culpepper, but seeing as im a knick fan, i stay with teams when they're down
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Too bad you have to be labled fair weather because you expect a team to play to their potential. If the bandwagon is happy with underachieves, I'll gladly go around the corner
    Just a piece of advice.

I know you are new, but if you want to keep from being flamed I would not label people here so quickly.

Especially since you do not know them.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    i can honestly be real and say i liked the vikes because of moss & culpepper, but seeing as im a knick fan, i stay with teams when they're down
    jeeze, a double dose, u have been down for awhile!..im a twolves and celtics fan, so in a basketball sense, there is no shining light for me
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast