Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vikoles is offline Coordinator

How many viking games have you been too?

3games TWO Vikes victorys on the road in the old stadium in Atlanta where Chris I BELIEVE made his greatest catch of ALL time the full extension TD in the corner of the endzone right in front of me! It was Unblieveable! We won 21-18 I think the final score was the NEXT time was in a prseason game about five or so years ago at CArolina maybe their second season in the league It was preseason and WE won again in OT I beliveeve 17-14 sometin like that and just recently in DC YUK we looked horrible in the Skins lost 21-18 YET if we had had some breaks that game WAS ours! SKOL!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"vikoles" wrote:
    3games TWO Vikes victorys on the road in the old stadium in Atlanta where Chris I BELIEVE made his greatest catch of ALL time the full extension TD in the corner of the endzone right in front of me! It was Unblieveable! We won 21-18 I think the final score was the NEXT time was in a prseason game about five or so years ago at CArolina maybe their second season in the league It was preseason and WE won again in OT I beliveeve 17-14 sometin like that and just recently in DC YUK we looked horrible in the Skins lost 21-18 YET if we had had some breaks that game WAS ours! SKOL!

Is that the one where he went down and caught it one handed and then rolled? That was a great catch!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I have been to one Vikings game it was in Buffalo when Wade Wilson was the starting QB and it was also a season opener. The game was won by the Bills but it was a great game and even the guys who had worked at the staduim for years commented on the pads popping. What a game!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Ive been to two games, one in 1998 at Giants Stadium which the Vikes lost. And then this year I went to Washington which was very difficult to watch other than the great Moss Catch in the Endzone Corner right in front of us!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

The thing is it's not like you get to see all the action at the Metrodome either. Don't get me wrong. I love it there. It's my happy place. But I find myself watching the jumbotron to catch it all or turning to someone next to me and asking what just happened. They had this different announcer this year, and I felt more like I was watching baseball sometimes because he was so subdued. But it's the atmosphere I go for. That and every twenty minute someone delivers the beer to our section!

:cheers: "Caine" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Okay you now have my vote for the funniest guy on this forum...and bravest. Still sounds a little rough. I envy the suite thing. that's kinda cool.
    The suites are nice - no lines for anything, everything at your fingertips - but you don't really capture the entire "At the game" experience.

I was in Soldier Field during a Packer-Bears game in '91 I think (I only went because the Tickets and beer were free), and we were right smack-dab in the middle of the crowd. To me, that is a far more intense experience (A least it was until my BAC went up...then it got hazy).

Oddly enough, I got into a "bump" there too. Again, I was with my Dad and brother, and a buddy of mine was there as well. The three of them were sporting Packer colors, I was - again - sans colors. The Bears won.

After we exit the stadium and are heading back to our vehicle, some obnoxious Bears fan walks up to us and screams "F*** the Pack!!". Now, not being a Packer fan, I wasn't at all offended by the comment. It was the pathetic fact that this guy couldn't simply enjoy his victory - he had to grind it in (Not to ME, obviously...I didn't care).

My Dad, Brother, and my Buddy are all caught flat by the comment. Obviously, you're sporting the enemy's colors in Chi-town, surrounded by Bears fans...what to do?

Well, I figured one Viking fan is worth all of Illinois, so I put on my "I just stepped in something and you're it" face and started walking purposefully towards the Bears Doorknob. This was NOT what he expected.

He started backpeddaling, and I continued my steady advance. I backed him up to the wall of Soldier Field, so far that he was actually trying to climb the wall backwards (I'm not exaggerating one bit either...one of the funniest things I ever saw).

I got to within 6 inches of his face, gave him my patented "PWNT" smile, and said, "No, Buddy, F*** YOU!!". I thought he was going to soil himself.

I then stepped back about 2 feet and said, "You know what's really sad? Here you are, a Bears fan, in Chicago, surrounded by thousasnds of other Bears fans, and ONE Packer fan (I'm not really, but I wanted him to suffer) backs your a$$ into a wall. You're pathetic."

And, with that, I turned and walked away. My Dad, Brother, and Buddy were laughing their heads off as we walked back to our car.

I guess I have a knack for drawing morons.

Caine
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

chennegar is offline Rookie

I've made it to two games. Both in the dome, the 49ers during the '94 season (I think) and the Atlanta game where Vick ran in a 45 yd game winning TD in OT. So, i'm 1-1. I hope to be able to make the Vikes game in Baltimore this upcoming season, and the Pack game in the Dome.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You near B-more, chennegar?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

chennegar is offline Rookie

DC Actually.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678