Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

How many viking games have you been too?

Which game was the best and which was the worst? I went to the niners home game in 2003 and that was awesome. I went to the seahawks misadventure this year at the dome and that was a game we should have won. How bout you guys? I have never been to a road game.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

i have been to 2 viking games
    both were against the bears
    the first one i went to was at chicago and the 2nd one was at minnesota
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

"JTSnow" wrote:
    The vikings win both?
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I went to a game in the Dome in 1991 (I think). We played the Oilers when Moon was their QB. I remember he went up the middle, and Del Rio smashed him taking him out of the game!

I also went to the FIRST game ever in the new Cleveland Browns stadium. It was pre-season against our boys! We won!!! :cheers:
    I sat 2nd row from the side of the endzone and Moss and Carter caught TD passes. I still have the tickets, they are framed.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I've been to 4 games... all at the dome... last year against KC... my fav one since we kicked some major ass....

then this year... the cards preseason game, the giants game... and the green bay game

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    The vikings win both?
    they won the one when i went to minnesota (24-13)
    and they lost the one at chicago (i dont remember the score of that game but it was the 2001 season)
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

damn snow you've been here two days and allready have 56 posts...your well on your way to shaking the newbie label.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    gol 'darnit snow you've been here two days and allready have 56 posts...your well on your way to shaking the newbie label.
    lol yup
    i just love this site too much
    i hope to have 100 by the end of tommorrow
    well i'm done posting for the day
    peace

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I've been to two vikings games (Seattle 2002, yikes) and (Houston, 2004 Too damn close, but great game), 4 total NFL games (Seattle-Oakland in 99) and (Seattle-Bears, 2003).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

At the Dome -

1990 - Against the Los Angeles Raiders - Vikes played on a Saturday Night game 2 days before Xmas. Bo Jackson tore us up and people were beginning to see the trade for Herschel Walker wasn't working out too well. Vikes lose 24-28.

1991 - Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - New Running back Terry Allen ran all over the lowly Bucs. I remember him running a 50 yarder and doing a back flip in the end zone, pretty sweet. I remember they announced there were 20,000 no shows because of the blizzard and 28 inches of snow that occurred the night before the game. Vikes win 28-13.

1998 - Sunday Night game against the Jags. Vikes went on to win 50-10 against the Mark Burnell-less Jaguars. That was the magical 15-1 season and the Vikes were rolling into the playoffs. This game also had some weird weather with it being -30 with -70 degree wind chills.

2001 - Against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This was Denny's last year and the beginning of the rebuilding stage. The Vikes actually beat the Bucs 20-16 with a game clinching INT with under a minute to go by Eric Kelly.

2002 - Against the Buffalo Bills. Vikes lose in OT 39-45. Bledsoe threw for over 400 yards with a game clinching TD pass to Eric Moulds in OT. Doug Brien missed 2 extra points and Moss had a spectacular one handed bomb called back and caught another one handed TD in the game.

2003 - Sunday Night game against the Bears. Vikes win 24-13 and the Vikes knock Kordell Stewart out of the game. Jimmy K came up big with a TD catch and Kelly Campbell started off the game with a 60 yard bomb on the 2nd play of the game.

Only Non - Dome game -

1998 - At Soldier field against the Bears. This was probably the closet game the Vikings had where they didn't lose during the regular season. Vikes come from behind to win 31-28. Cunningham hooks up with Moss on an 50 yard absolute rainbow where Moss catches it between 2 Bear defenders and spikes it in their face.

So the Vikes are 5-2 in games I've attended and the most gut wrenching and crushing game was probably the overtime loss to the Bills. Most exciting win would have to be against the Bucs in 2001.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast