Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

How many primetime games will the Vikings have in 2008?

With a bonafide star like Purple Jesus any less than 3 would be a disappointment.
    He is the perfect player for the NFL to market.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Re: How many primetime games will the Vikings have in 2008?

My guess is The game vs the colts will be on MNF... so im saying 2 MNF games 2SNF games and 2NFLN games

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"SharperImage" wrote:
    My guess is The game vs the colts will be on MNF... so im saying 2 MNF games 2SNF games and 2NFLN games
    6 would be nice.
    I don't expect that many.
    I think the Colts at the Vikings will be a Sunday night game.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

0-2

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

one sunday
    one monday
    one thursday or saturday

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I hope MN gets ZERO NFL Network Games. Quite a few people, including myself unless I am at home, have no opportunity to watch these game. Does that make us less of fans? IMHO the league cheats the fan base by putting games on a network that a relatively small portion of fans have and that has quite frankly inferior coverage. ESPN games are bad enough, If I had my way I would like to see all the games be on Fox. CBS and ABC are ok, but I think Fox covers the games best. The broadcast networks are the best for access, even though out-of-market fans have to shell out big $$ to Directv to see their teams anyway.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

With Peterson winning rookie of the year and pro bowl MVP I think we will have 4.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    I hope MN gets ZERO NFL Network Games. Quite a few people, including myself unless I am at home, have no opportunity to watch these game. Does that make us less of fans? IMHO the league cheats the fan base by putting games on a network that a relatively small portion of fans have and that has quite frankly inferior coverage. ESPN games are bad enough, If I had my way I would like to see all the games be on Fox. CBS and ABC are ok, but I think Fox covers the games best. The broadcast networks are the best for access, even though out-of-market fans have to shell out big $$ to Directv to see their teams anyway.
    Not to hijack the thread, but the NFL wants NFLN available to everybody who has basic cable.
    It is the cable companies who are balking, and therefore the ones who are cheating the fan base.

Anyway, with AD I expect a few nationally televised games.
    Looking ahead to the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised to see Indianapolis, Green Bay, or New York Giants as nationally televised games.
    The only away game that might be of national interest is Green Bay, the rest are all relatively small market teams.
    With that being said, I will vote for 2 nationally televised games.
    One home, one away.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    Not to hijack the thread, but the NFL wants NFLN available to everybody who has basic cable.
    It is the cable companies who are balking, and therefore the ones who are cheating the fan base.

Looking ahead to the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised to see Indianapolis, Green Bay, or New York Giants as nationally televised games.
    The only away game that might be of national interest is Green Bay, the rest are all relatively small market teams.
    One home, one away.
    I thought I heard somewhere that the NFL forced one cable company to provide NFLN free of charge, i could be wrong though

www.iwantnflnetwork.com

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:

One home, one away.
    I thought I heard somewhere that the NFL forced one cable company to provide NFLN free of charge, i could be wrong though

www.iwantnflnetwork.com
    They won a federal suit against Comcast to force them to provide it on their basic programming package.
    DirectTV and DishNetwork already did.
    Time Warner is still balking to the best of my knowledge.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast