Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FresnoViking is offline Waterboy

How long Until Percy Harvin is taken off Kickoff Returns??

Do you guys think Chilly will realize that maybe next season that he is too valuable on offense and take him off returns and put Jaymar or Darius back there instead?? much like the Bears did with Devin Hester

Or will he just keep him back there to insure we get past the 30 at the start of our drives each time!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: How long Until Percy Harvin is taken off Kickoff Returns??

Keep him there.
    He's more valuable back there than on offense.
    Sure he's done good on offense, but he hasn't really been someone thats not replacable on offense.
    He's been doing a phenomenal job on KR so far, no reason to take him off.

Its not like Peterson, where he had him there a couple times when we need a big play, but never full-time since he's too valuable.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

"FresnoViking" wrote:
    Do you guys think Chilly will realize that maybe next season that he is too valuable on offense and take him off returns and put Jaymar or Darius back there instead?? much like the Bears did with Devin Hester

Or will he just keep him back there to insure we get past the 30 at the start of our drives each time!
    The Bears took Hester off of Kick returns because they had a better kick returner, not because he was too valuable.
    As long as Percy is as dangerous as he is now, he will remain the kick returner.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Randy" wrote:
    "FresnoViking" wrote:

The Bears took Hester off of Kick returns because they had a better kick returner, not because he was too valuable.
    As long as Percy is as dangerous as he is now, he will remain the kick returner.
    Some of what I heard a few weeks ago during a game was that Hester was getting gassed, the routes they have him running with the offense were mostly fly patterns straight down the field, being that he is suppose to be (hopes to be) the Bears #1 receiver, after running 4 or 5 fliers down the field he needed time to recover.
    Harvin is running more of a variety of patterns and going in and out of the game more often.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Randy" wrote:
    "FresnoViking" wrote:

Better than hester? doesn't seem possible.
    I think it was because they wanted to use him more as a WR, and he couldn't do both.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Randy" wrote:
    "FresnoViking" wrote:

I think it was because they wanted to use him more as a WR, and he couldn't do both.
    They'd be better off leaving Hester as the kick returner, he's not a very good WR!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Randy" wrote:
    "FresnoViking" wrote:

I think that that's the story as well. Devin Hester was the best kick/punt returner to hit the league since (insert homerism) Desmond Howard. The Bears got to the SB, and stayed in it, with a lot of help from Hester that year. He was "ridiculous".

I still don't think that I would've put him at WR. I mean, Daniel Manning is good, but they had something special in Hester. Now all they have in him is a mediocre WR.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I hope they keep Harvin returning kicks throughout this year at least.
    I would not be surprised to see him taken off that role next year.
    At least as the primary KR.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

You keep him there!
    He's a threat everytime he touches the ball, and aside from Peterson, we don't have another kick returner who presents that.

However on offense, we have Peterson, we have Taylor, we have Berrian and Rice, we have Shiancoe.
    If we didn't have all of those weapons on offense, you may consider taking him off KR's, but there's is certainly not a need for it now.
    We have a dominant defense, we have several playmakers on offense, he gives us a playmaker on special teams.
    If we can win on all 3 phases this team can go far.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

In other returning news.
    Is Jaymar Johnson going to be activated to return punts this week due to Reynauds injury?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast