Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: How Long Do You Think A.P. Will Wear Purple?

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Childress will release him at the end of the season, and Marrdo will defend his decision with vigor.
    LOL!!
    That is funny.

If we consistently run him 30 times a game, good chance we wear him out in five years...and, a heavier workload probably increases the holdout chances.
    There is an alarm that goes off in pro football player's minds when they get hurt and realize just how limited their playing years and paying years just might be.
    I'm still hoping for ten+ seasons!!
    Even if he has to back off some in those later years.

For the most part, I think he wants to play, and enjoys playing, so I don't see him holding out already next year.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that 17 million guaranteed is his salary first year plus signing bonus...?
    I think 17 mill will keep him happy for at least 2 or 3 (plus the roughly 2 mill per year after the first, plus incentives).

And, when the time comes, if he keeps up this pace, I am sure that the Wilfs will try very hard to keep him around...HE IS THE FRANCHISE AT THIS POINT.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

My guess is we will trade him to a Boston team so he can get acquainted with all of our pro sports teams best players like Moss and Garnett (and probably Santana). ;D

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

We'll he should be here for the rest of his rookie contract, barring any sort of serious injury issues I would imagine he'd be bere till he's at least 30ish.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My guess is we will trade him to a Boston team so he can get acquainted with all of our pro sports teams best players like Moss and Garnett (and probably Santana). ;D
    dont forget david ortiz.... but he isnt going anywhere!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i think he's got an easy 6 years with us.. Wilf isn't stupid, he knows how much media attention and fans a player of AP's calibur brings in, hell, did you see how damn excited wilf was when AP broke the record? That was a fierce handshake lol.
    I'm confident in our front office,

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    dont forget david ortiz.... but he isnt going anywhere!
    He sucked with Twins

SoonersRock is offline Training Camp

I saw a video on another site, tour of his new house, He has one whole wall in his game room painted purple with a giant Viking logo in the middle of it. He's a team player type of guy, as long as there is some at least decent chemistry in the looker room and the owners don't try to screw him... I think y'all could keep him.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I'm sorry and no offense to anyone that said this.... but to think or speculate that AD/AP is gonna hold out after this year/or the next year is ludicrous, i.e. stupid.. i.e. ridiculous whatever

The fact is, he got an extremely good deal for where he was drafted in the draft.
    At the time it was signed it was one of the richest or had potential (with incentives) to be one of the richest running back deals in history especially for a rookie.

He no way holds out... AD is a team player as evidenced by interviews, media, coaches, etc. talk about him.

If he holds out at all, it will be the year before his rookie deal expires, if the vikes don't extend him and give him more money first!!!

C'mon... the dude has played 8 games in his career and people are talking about him holding out..

It doesn't make any sense... If only that it would give him a HUGE black eye in the media and everywhere else...

Plus, i just don't think he thinks so highly of himself that he would even think to do something like that....

After year three of tip top performance and no injuries, is the earliest that i see that topic even being broached!!!

SoonersRock is offline Training Camp

BTW, HERE is the link to the aforementioned video, actually it's a slideshow, of Adrian's new house with the big purple wall in it.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

AD signed a nice contract that is laced with incentives, I posted the specifics a while back.
    Like Z said, the boys at Winter Park have done a good job retaining the folks with contracts that they want to retain.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123