Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He's played 27 games, started 26 of them. After this year it'll be more like 43-44 games he's started. That's as many or more chances than other starting QB's get to find out if they are franchise material.
    Joey Harringon played in 81 games, starting 76 of them. Ponder should get at least that many chances.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Its too bad you are right. Im afraid Ponder is going to be a wash. And like Tjoke, we are going to send about 5 years wasted on him.
    We didn't waste 5 years on him. We started him in 2007 & for 2 games in 2008. After that he was on the roster as a backup QB, nothing more.

Ponder on the other hand hasn't even had to compete for the starting role for 2012 or 2013 since starting in 2011.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Seriously, why does TJoke show up in virtually every fucking thread? Isn't this a Kyle Rudolph thread???

Sorry for that overstated rant, but, come on man.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 05-18-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Seriously, why does TJoke show up in virtually every fucking thread? Isn't this a Kyle Rudolph thread???
    It's easy to get off topic, but I agree. Tarvaris Jackson is the past! I think I've seen enough posts on him here that'll last me a lifetime or two. Unfortunately, Christian Ponder is starting to become the "Tarvaris Jackson - part two" around this forum.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Rudolph is pretty damn good. I am going to put zero stock in the pro bowl performance because, well, it's the pro bowl. However, the kid has tremendous size and hands, and as he polishes his routes and protection, he's going to morph into something terrifying for defenses to deal with.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

Sorry for that overstated rant, but, come on man.
    Because in talking about Kyle, his QB is going to be talked about as well. To me, Ponder is a wash, and the bad news is, this year will show that. We spent too much time on the QB we drafted before Ponder (I wont mention his name if it upsets you so much). I hate seeing history repeat itself. I don't like the fact the Vikings lately have always been lacking a QB. Does that answer your question man?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Forget about the attention argument in Pro Bowl for a moment. Rudolph was awarded the MVP because he had elite quarterbacks who threw him the ball. Quarterbacks who trusted him and knew how to place the ball in the right spot. It showed us how dominant Rudolph can be when he has that.
    Helps when no one is playing defense too. The pro bowl is not a real game.
    I love Kyle, but lets see it for what it is.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Because in talking about Kyle, his QB is going to be talked about as well. To me, Ponder is a wash, and the bad news is, this year will show that. We spent too much time on the QB we drafted before Ponder (I wont mention his name if it upsets you so much). I hate seeing history repeat itself. I don't like the fact the Vikings lately have always been lacking a QB. Does that answer your question man?
    No, just more nonsense...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Helps when no one is playing defense too. The pro bowl is not a real game.
    I love Kyle, but lets see it for what it is.
    The point on K-Rud in the Pro Bowl game had nothing to do with the fact that it was the Pro Bowl game or that defenses might have been lax. It was how they used him & the fact that they sent him a lot further down field than the Vikings do & he was snagging passes. If he can catch a 20-30 yard strike in the Pro Bowl game, he can catch them during the regular season.

We should be using him in that way rather than just a TE that catches 5-10 yard passes. He caught as many TD passes last year as the rest of the team combined.

I don't think we are maximizing his potential, ergo we are wasting his talents.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123